Bull Ring @Bluzman61 Let's talk Sports.

The triples has to be an old time player
They used to hit 20+ triples a year.
Wagner,Cobb,lajoile, collins. one of those type.
doubles could be more of a power Guy but long career is the key. I’m still learning oldies like the list above.
so I guess one of those 4 for each category.
Some great guesses there. Ty Cobb is second in career triples, behind only Sam Crawford, who played in the same outfield for quite a few years with Cobb. If I hadn't already known the answer, I would've guessed Cobb as well. The career leader in doubles is another great old-timer, Tris Speaker. He hit an incredible 792 career doubles. I believe Crawford hit 312 triples, but I'm not sure of the exact number.
Pete Rose is a distant second with 746 doubles.

doubles could be more of a power Guy but long career is the key. I’m still learning oldies like the list above.
Some great guesses there. Ty Cobb is second in career triples, behind only Sam Crawford, who played in the same outfield for quite a few years with Cobb. If I hadn't already known the answer, I would've guessed Cobb as well. The career leader in doubles is another great old-timer, Tris Speaker. He hit an incredible 792 career doubles. I believe Crawford hit 312 triples, but I'm not sure of the exact number.
Hey, Winco, my friend, I hope you've been enjoying your Saturday thus far, I'm enjoying mine. Another two part question for you. Who holds the MLB single season record for total bases, and who holds the record for career total bases?

Hey, Winco, my friend, I hope you've been enjoying your Saturday thus far, I'm enjoying mine. Another two part question for you. Who holds the MLB single season record for total bases, and who holds the record for career total bases?
And the answers to both questions are VERY legendary players. One played his whole career in the American League, the other his whole career in the National League, except for his last two seasons in the American League.

Well, the player has to have played a lot of games to be the career leader.
Using both your clues on the 2nd question, I know Aaron played for the Brewers in his last couple of Seasons, so I pretty sure it is Hank Aaron.

question 1: Bonds hit a lot of HR's which racks up TB's, but he walked a ton, so I don't think it is Bonds. Oh, and I just re-read your question and it says American league, so definitely not Bonds.
So I'm not sure about Q1.

Q1:
Who was the last MLB pitcher to lose 20 games?
He is an unknown, this is just one you would have to remember, it happened after year 2000.

Q2:
Who was the last starting pitcher to start both games of a double header?

Well, the player has to have played a lot of games to be the career leader.
Using both your clues on the 2nd question, I know Aaron played for the Brewers in his last couple of Seasons, so I pretty sure it is Hank Aaron.

question 1: Bonds hit a lot of HR's which racks up TB's, but he walked a ton, so I don't think it is Bonds. Oh, and I just re-read your question and it says American league, so definitely not Bonds.
So I'm not sure about Q1.
Well done! Aaron IS correct for the second question, Babe Ruth is the answer for the first question.

Q1:
He is an unknown, this is just one you would have to remember, it happened after year 2000.

Q2:
For question 1, I believe it was a pitcher for the Oakland A's, I can't QUITE recall his name, I believe his first name is Brian or Mike? I DO know the answer to your second question because I'm pretty sure I actually watched that double header on TV. It was the one and ONLY Wilbur Wood! He was my favorite pitcher for many seasons.

Q1:

Q2:
I HAD to look up the answer to Q1, it WAS a Mike, Mike Maroth, a pitcher for the Tigers, not the A's. That was a good question, my friend.

Q1:

Q2:
I HAD to look up the answer to Q1, it WAS a Mike, Mike Maroth, a pitcher for the Tigers, not the A's. That was a good question, my friend.
I have another two-part question for you. Who is in SECOND place all-time for right handed MLB pitchers for career wins? I chose second place, because YOU know and I KNOW Cy Young is WAY out in front for this one with an incredible 511wins. So who IS second? Also, who is the all-time MLB leader in career wins for left handed pitchers?

Q1:

Q2:
I have another two-part question for you. Who is in SECOND place all-time for right handed MLB pitchers for career wins? I chose second place, because YOU know and I KNOW Cy Young is WAY out in front for this one with an incredible 511wins. So who IS second? Also, who is the all-time MLB leader in career wins for left handed pitchers?
Hint - The righthander goes WAY back, in Babe Ruth's era. The lefthander is a bit more recent, but could be called an old-timer as well.

Brian Kingman pitched for the A's and lost 20 games a few years earlier.

The lefthander is a bit more recent, but could be called an old-timer as well.

Is it Steve Carlton?
RH is old timer Walter Johnson.
Walter Johnson IS correct for the righty, of course, nicely done. A VERY good guess for the lefty, Carlton is second in wins among lefties, topped only by Warren Spahn, with 363 wins. Carlton had 329 wins, I thought he had a bit more than that. So, great job on the questions! Do you have one for me? It's 1:20AM here now, I'll probably be signing off around 2.

Who is the RBI career leader for a player that NEVER had 90+ RBI in a single season.

Here is a page that is going to keep you up for a few more minutes tonight.
You will start reading, and then you WILL NOT be able to stop.

Save it for tomorrow if you are heading to bed.

Here is a page that is going to keep you up for a few more minutes tonight.
You will start reading, and then you WILL NOT be able to stop.

Save it for tomorrow if you are heading to bed.
Thanks! Was I right about Pete Rose?

Forum List

Back