Blue surgical face masks are only 10% effective in preventing COVID infection

Toldja so.

There’s a reason hospital personnel never wore them despite working around sick people every day.

As I said in another thread, those masks will not stop a virus. They are purely for droplets from coughing, sneezing, splashing. I was a pca for two years when I was in nursing school and when it came to ppe they were designated for private patient rooms where droplet precautions were needed, just like the booties and gowns. In surgery they were only there to keep the staff from speaking and spitting on the patient or Incase of a fluid splash from the pstient to keep it out of the mouth and nose of the staff

They are fibrous material that will freely allow microscopic particles freely through them. If you can smell something through it then molecules are passing through it.

If something won't let a virus through it then you wouldn't be able to breath through it because it was be a serious hepa filter.

Surgical masks are 0% effective against a virus. They only stop large particles like household dust particles, or in their intended purpose, droplets.

Forum List

Back