Blue-collar America has lost control

barryqwalsh

Gold Member
Sep 30, 2014
When you take that control away from humans, we become agitated, uneasy and unsure of ourselves.

In economics, these basic psychological observations are absolutely crucial to understanding how the economy, society and indeed politics work, yet far too often they are ignored.

I’m writing this to you from America but not just any America. I’m in an “all-you-can-eat” hotel in the bizarre planet that is Disney World, Orlando.

Disney World isn’t just any America. This is the place that blue-collar America comes on holiday. An “all-in” week here is part of the American dream. The people who make the pilgrimage are the people who voted for Donald Trump.

Are these the Deplorables?

David McWilliams: Blue-collar America has lost control

When you take that control away from humans, we become agitated, uneasy and unsure of ourselves.

In economics, these basic psychological observations are absolutely crucial to understanding how the economy, society and indeed politics work, yet far too often they are ignored.

I’m writing this to you from America but not just any America. I’m in an “all-you-can-eat” hotel in the bizarre planet that is Disney World, Orlando.

Disney World isn’t just any America. This is the place that blue-collar America comes on holiday. An “all-in” week here is part of the American dream. The people who make the pilgrimage are the people who voted for Donald Trump.

Are these the Deplorables?

David McWilliams: Blue-collar America has lost control

A thought provoking piece, thanks for posting it. It is interesting that, at least according to the article, that education is seen as something that is not earned.

Forum List

Back