Bloomberg predicts riots in NYC

Indy Terry

Indy Terry
May 3, 2011
Indianapolis
Bloomberg: Economy Woes Will Lead to 'Riots'

New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg warned Friday there could be “riots” in the streets of U.S. cities if the economy doesn’t pick up soon.

The lack of jobs is making people increasingly desperate, Bloomberg said on his weekly WOR radio show.

I believe this is the legacy of the Tea Party whether right or wrong. These will be similar to the riots in England.

Bloomberg is a Fucking Idiot. A Moron. Got to wonder why he is going there. The Control Freak that has to manipulate and control everything planting ideas to what political end. If the Rioting doesn't catch on, maybe you could incite panic with some major Health Scare Mike. :evil:

New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg warned Friday there could be “riots” in the streets of U.S. cities if the economy doesn’t pick up soon.

The lack of jobs is making people increasingly desperate, Bloomberg said on his weekly WOR radio show.

I believe this is the legacy of the Tea Party whether right or wrong. These will be similar to the riots in England.

People desperate about the economy is the fault of the Tea Party? Pray tell what twisted logic you use to arrive at that conclusion? Things are desperate now because Obama spent his first year chasing Obamacare and taking care of the public sector unions. Things are desperate now because 2 1/2 years into his administration Barack Obama has run out of ideas on how to fix the economy.

"Today American's would be outraged if U.N. troops entered Los Angeles to restore order; tomorrow they will be grateful. This is especially true if they were told there was an outside threat from beyond, whether real or promulgated, that threatened our very existence. It is then that all peoples of the world will plead with world leaders to deliver them from this evil. The one thing every man fears is the unknown. When presented with this scenario, individual rights will be willingly relinquished for the guarantee of their well being granted to them by their world government.

Henry Kissinger Evian, France, May 21, 1992

Our history certainly does indicate that is possible. The main force behind it would be the massive unemployment of the black populace though. 16.3% compared to 8.6% for whites. Thats 1 out of every 6 black person unemployed. Take that with the possibility of Congress reducing or taking away supplemental programs to help the unemployed and low income earners and the possibility of the economy getting worse with higher employed, what can you expect. People need to eat.

People with nothing have nothing to lose, folks.

All your guns and survivalist planning isn't going to help much if things continue to get more desperate for enough of your neighbors.

Bloomberg should be run out of office for such IRREPONSIBE speaking.

I believe most in OUR GOVERNMENT want to see this happen. then they come out and squash us little people. we already see the Unions and Democrat-Progressive Representatives trying to stir things up.

Ignoring or dismissing or even worse punishing bearers of bad tidings is much like whistling in the dark.

Lots of THAT going on right now.

The morons typically respond with some American Exceptionalism nonsense, too.

Bloomberg is a Fucking Idiot. A Moron. Got to wonder why he is going there. The Control Freak that has to manipulate and control everything planting ideas to what political end. If the Rioting doesn't catch on, maybe you could incite panic with some major Health Scare Mike. :evil:

No he's not.

He's speaking without rose colored glasses.

Historically..when the gulf between rich and poor becomes huge? Revolution ensues.

Almost every single time.

A society with very rich and very poor is a dysfunctional society.

No he's not.

Historically..when the gulf between rich and poor becomes huge? Revolution ensues.

Nah Sallow. He violated his own protocol in doing that. Very Irresponsible.
Then again, the practice of threatening Rioting in the Streets should an Election go against Democratic agenda, using the point as a fear tactic, to influence an Election, drumming up DNC Support through fear and intimidation is a long standing DNC tradition.

I will have to think about the matter and get back to you..... Nah... :lol:

I bet this would be an interesting topic for discussion on Gov. Patterson's talk radio show. I'd bet he does not condone this behavior.

No he's not.

Then again, the practice of threatening Rioting in the Streets should an Election go against Democratic agenda, using the point as a fear tactic, to influence an Election, drumming up DNC Support through fear and intimidation is a long standing DNC tradition.

I bet this would be an interesting topic for discussion on Gov. Patterson's talk radio show. I'd bet he does not condone this behavior.

Nah?

Almost every major revolution in history is caused by huge economic disparity.

Simple as that.

People don't even mind crooks..so long as they get a piece of the pie.

No he's not.

Nah?

Simple as that.

How do you think New York became the Empire State? :D

No he's not.

Nah?

Simple as that.

The Mayor Inciting Riot, is not okay. He's the one always commenting about scares, knowing how irresponsible and self serving they are, which is as it should be.

People with nothing have nothing to lose, folks.

All your guns and survivalist planning isn't going to help much if things continue to get more desperate for enough of your neighbors.

What is that, wishful thinking from the left (like Bloomberg isn't just another democrat falsely labeling himself)? Keep up the riot and revolution talk, and you may get what you wish for. Today's liberals remind me of Ayers and the rest of the radicals back in the sixties; when they don't get their way, they threaten to burn it down and blow it up. Go ahead. Try it! I mean it-TRY IT! You'll find out very quickly how far you WON'T get! Let's see how well your "people with nothing to lose" do, advancing into live fire. Most of them, with no real training or experience, won't fight very well, or very long; when the shooting starts (and it will), they'll scatter like cockroaches when you turn the lights on. You want a dose of cold, hard "reality"? That's reality. Combat is NOT an "amateur sport"! This nation has the means and personnel to put down any such "uprising"; the only question is how much bloodshed it will take for it to summon the will to do so.

Granny says if she don't get her 2nd stimulus check - there's gonna be hell to pay...
:eusa_eh:
Could world social unrest come to America's streets?
19 September 2011 - The beginnings? Historian Rick Perlstein says union protests in Wisconsin show the birth of a movement
It was a long, hot spring and summer on the streets of Greece, England and Madrid, as protesters and rioters vented their fury at high unemployment, painful austerity measures and following a fatal police shooting in London. The US, meanwhile, has been virtually free of rioting and even of widespread peaceful political protest. This is despite some of the highest unemployment in decades, growing income inequality, dissatisfaction with the nation's direction, frustration with its dysfunctional government and the threat of drastic cuts to social programmes.

On Friday, New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg raised the spectre of social unrest amid high unemployment among young Americans. "You have a lot of kids graduating college, can't find jobs," he said on a radio show. "That's what happened in Cairo. That's what happened in Madrid. You don't want those kind of riots here. The damage to a generation that can't find jobs will go on for many many years." In the past century, the US has experienced its share of political tumult and unrest, from the destitute "Bonus Army" veterans of World War I who clashed with federal troops in Washington in 1932, to the urban race riots in the 1960s and the Rodney King riots in 1992.

And in interviews with the BBC, analysts, writers and historians feared the US was ripe for some sort of social upheaval, but said a lack of social organisation and a sense of despair had prevented social movements from coalescing. "It's amazing to me that Americans are so slow to rise collectively... not only against unemployment but against the quite identifiable forces that are responsible for it," said sociologist Prof Todd Gitlin of the Columbia University journalism school. "I'm not predicting that such a thing will happen, but it would not in the slightest surprise me if there were some burst of street expression, some street rage."

'Quiet riots'

Our history certainly does indicate that is possible. The main force behind it would be the massive unemployment of the black populace though. 16.3% compared to 8.6% for whites. Thats 1 out of every 6 black person unemployed. Take that with the possibility of Congress reducing or taking away supplemental programs to help the unemployed and low income earners and the possibility of the economy getting worse with higher employed, what can you expect. People need to eat.

Absolutely. People are desperate, huge corporations are controlling everything and leadership in congress intends to do nothing about it.

People will survive however they can.

I find it amusing that some of us imagine that WARNING people about potential rioting is characterized as THREATENING to riot.

Once again we see that some people fail to understand that EMPATHY is not SYMPATHY.

I become increasingly convinced that this inability to understand empathy suggests that those who cannot understand the concept of empathy cannot understand it because they are incapable of doing it.

Bloomberg can imagine (read empathize) the plight of people other than himself.

By empathizing their plight he intuits how they feel, and also what they might do.

He does not have to SYMPATHIZE with them to do that.

In fact, Bloomberg can hate these people and STILL empathize about them.

One of the personality traits I find most commonly in folks who are the rightest persuasion appears to be their near complete lack of the ability to EMPATHIZE the plight of another.

Last edited:
I find it amusing that some of us imagine that WARNING people about potential rioting is characterized as THREATENING to riot.

Once again we see that some people fail to understand that EMPATHY is not SYMPATHY.

I become increasingly convinced that this inability to understand empathy suggest that those who cannot understand the concept cannot understand it because they are incapable of doing it.

Bloomberg can imagine (read empathize) the plight of people other than himself.

By empathizing their plight he intuits how they feel, and also what they might do.

He does not have to SYMPATHIZE with them to do that.

In fact, Bloomberg can hate these people and STILL empathize about them.

one doesn't have to even be empathetic to look at history and see what has happened previously and what occurrs when certain conditions exist. one only has to be smart enough to learn from history.

Forum List

Back