blockbuster NBA trade: The Beard James Harden goes to the Philadelphia 76ers, the younger Ben Simmons goes to the Brooklyn Nets

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
  • Banned
Seth Curry (Steph's bro) is a better player than Ben Simmons, now that i think of it, he's going to the Nets too

though Simmons is younger, Harden is a much more explosive scorer and can actually shoot the 3

Harden and Embiid will be fun to watch together.

His 3pt% is 33%, after not playing basketball in over 32 years I was shooting long 3's better then that on my off days. Even when he was shooting 3's seemingly good, it still only was league avg % wise aprox 36%. OUR PERCEPTION is through highlight reels of his step back 3's, but when he's off he shoots way to many, whereby a wise man knows when he's off some days. Yes he scores, but he's only gonna take those pts away from Embid and Tobias Harris' game totals.
Where he's good: getting to the line, assists (but turnovers will be as frustrating as were Simmons), creating offense, creating space.
But he needs to do what he did his last year or 2 in Houston, that is to be more complete by actually trying on defense, and he needs to take his conditioning serious if he wants to finally get a championship and extend his contract to an older age....perhaps prove he's serious by finally shaving that rediculous beard, it's not lucky and it's not helping his 3's at all. It's probably a hindrance to his game like Payne's flapping front heavy hair did in Orlando.😄

My recommendations to Harden:
Conditioning, take L'arginine for the muscle strain spasm issues, maybe even vitamins to help blood flow to his legs and strengthen vessels like Bildeberry and such, check for potassium deficiencies,
use Voltarin to relax the muscle and ease the pain, use the highest rated massage items for your legs and proper compression gear. Learn Proper pregame pre workout stretching techniques, you are never to big a star to gain tips from others, even defensive tricks by people like Embid and Thybulle and Green, can help his both sides of the ball game

Last edited:
All of this is the fallout of the former General Manager who came up with the Process and was destroyed by the NBA swamp of Silver and throwing the Colangelo family into the 76ers. The Process was 80 per cent complete when the swamp was forced. The NBA is the most noncompetitive league in the world that has the most sports cable channels bloviating about it. 25 teams every year out of the current 30 have no shot to win. Getting to the Finals is the goal. Not the first round or second round or conference finals. The 76ers process was to put them in the final five teams for that chance.

All of this is the fallout of the former General Manager who came up with the Process and was destroyed by the NBA swamp of Silver and throwing the Colangelo family into the 76ers. The Process was 80 per cent complete when the swamp was forced. The NBA is the most noncompetitive league in the world that has the most sports cable channels bloviating about it. 25 teams every year out of the current 30 have no shot to win. Getting to the Finals is the goal. Not the first round or second round or conference finals. The 76ers process was to put them in the final five teams for that chance.
Yep Sam Hinkie was the smartest asset builder GM I've ever seen, but what his executive team did with those assets through drafting wrong and collecting to many bigs that later bungling GMs were being forced to give away, just reversed everything he tried to achieve. Sort of like Biden and the Dems being forced placed by the swamp (as per your analogy of Silvers actions) coming along and reversing and bumbling everything Trump did.
*Note: during the Fultz bungled draft, I wanted to draft down instead of up and get 2 1st rounders for our third pick, which I recommended Donovan Mitchell and someone later in the 1st which was that serviceable PF in Chicago -Lauri Markkanen, although he never became an allstar he was off the board anyway before Mitchell, but he or Collins even, would have prevented the extra year keeping Mike Scott and minutes given to Mike Scott, because we had no back up PF and perhaps Hawks don't beat us years later in the playoffs.

Last edited:
I don't believe exchanging Harden for Simmons makes Philly so much better that it would justify sending the Nets all the other players and picks they got.
3 players on the Nets make $50 million each. Who's going to want to go play with them next year? We see formerly great old veterans who want to win doesn't work.

Did they get a lot of draft picks for this trade? That might be their only saving grace. Draft a few defensive minded players that can play their roles so Irving and Durant can score.

It was supposed to be Lakers vs Nets in the finals this year. Both teams were major disappointments huh?

It's amazing to think Harden, Westbrook and Durant were all on the same team at one time and they didn't win. Diva's all three of them. Talented but not team players?

Durant only won in Golden State right? He should have more rings. Poor guy. He makes Lebron look like a winner.

3 players on the Nets make $50 million each. Who's going to want to go play with them next year? We see formerly great old veterans who want to win doesn't work.

Did they get a lot of draft picks for this trade? That might be their only saving grace. Draft a few defensive minded players that can play their roles so Irving and Durant can score.

It was supposed to be Lakers vs Nets in the finals this year. Both teams were major disappointments huh?

It's amazing to think Harden, Westbrook and Durant were all on the same team at one time and they didn't win. Diva's all three of them. Talented but not team players?

Durant only won in Golden State right? He should have more rings. Poor guy. He makes Lebron look like a winner.
At least it seems that newer teams and not the same repeats can compete to go to the championship round are to be in it.

At least it seems that newer teams and not the same repeats can compete to go to the championship round are to be in it.
I'm loving this era of the NBA. I was sick of the Magic Bird era. Loved my Piston's era's. But then got sick of the Jordan era, Kobe era, Tim Duncan era, Lebron era. I'm glad we are out of the Lebron era.

I didn't mean to leave the Rocket era out. LOL. Hakeem! I actually liked them because it was something other than Jordan.

though Simmons is younger, Harden is a much more explosive scorer and can actually shoot the 3

Regular season is where you make your name. Playoffs are where you make your fame. Harden, Simmons, Durant, kyrie are all taking a hit to their fame.

Irving got some credibility because he won one in Cleveland. Durant in golden state. But none of these guys are helping their legacies. They’ll say they dont care but they do.

I'm loving this era of the NBA. I was sick of the Magic Bird era. Loved my Piston's era's. But then got sick of the Jordan era, Kobe era, Tim Duncan era, Lebron era. I'm glad we are out of the Lebron era.

I didn't mean to leave the Rocket era out. LOL. Hakeem! I actually liked them because it was something other than Jordan.

The only reason the Rockets won at that time was because M. Jordan was trying to play baseball. Had he remained with the Bulls, it's very possible Chicago could have won eight in a row.

The only reason the Rockets won at that time was because M. Jordan was trying to play baseball. Had he remained with the Bulls, it's very possible Chicago could have won eight in a row.
I don’t know. I think I heard Jordan walked away at the right time. And he came back at the right time. He didn’t come back during a rebuilding year.

They don’t play defense enough to beat Boston Miami or Milwaukee.

They don’t play defense enough to beat Boston Miami or Milwaukee.
if the Sixers lose the current series or the next, they should not resign Harden. 50 million a year for 5 years would be the contract. The NBA swamp nuked "the process" a few years ago. Bad trades and questionable draft decisions since then have given the team the old second round and out look.

if the Sixers lose the current series or the next, they should not resign Harden. 50 million a year for 5 years would be the contract. The NBA swamp nuked "the process" a few years ago. Bad trades and questionable draft decisions since then have given the team the old second round and out look.
I just got home from up north. I don’t think the sixers will beat Miami. Heat is a deep team. Two great players ain’t gonna cut it. That’s all the sixers have. Some other role players sure but not enough.

I hear Yianni handed the Celtics an ass whipping. I’m starting to think they’re the best team in the league again.

Golden state? If dremont green doesn’t sabotage their season AGAIN

Who do you think will win dallas or suns? I’m picking Dallas.

Who do you think will win the west?

Im interested in every series. I’d love to see Memphis knock out golden state. But I’m thinking golden state vs Milwaukee in the finals. Bucs repeat. And dreymont green costs the warriors somehow.

I just got home from up north. I don’t think the sixers will beat Miami. Heat is a deep team. Two great players ain’t gonna cut it. That’s all the sixers have. Some other role players sure but not enough.

I hear Yianni handed the Celtics an ass whipping. I’m starting to think they’re the best team in the league again.

Golden state? If dremont green doesn’t sabotage their season AGAIN

Who do you think will win dallas or suns? I’m picking Dallas.

Who do you think will win the west?

Im interested in every series. I’d love to see Memphis knock out golden state. But I’m thinking golden state vs Milwaukee in the finals. Bucs repeat. And dreymont green costs the warriors somehow.
Embiid is injured. Out at least the first two games. Orbital socket injury plus perhaps concussion protocols.

Embiid is injured. Out at least the first two games. Orbital socket injury plus perhaps concussion protocols.
It sucks he got hurt. I did not want to see it go down this way. I wanted to see if he and Harden could beat Miami. Game 1 goes to Miami. I hope Harden can steal the next one and buy the team some time for Imbeed to come back for game 3. Maybe they can beat Miami with him playing.

Bucs win the East I believe now. Middleton is out? They need him back. But maybe don't rush him back till they need him. They may not even need him against Miami. They'll need him against the Suns or Golden State.

I'm going with Golden State. Poor Chris Paul

Forum List

Back