Blm and de-fund the police movement led to the increase in homicides, a study finds....

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Some actual research into the deaths caused by the blm and defund the police movement.....attack the police to the point they can't or won't do their jobs, and you have increased criminal violence........

Professor Kim’s article found that the reduction in stops led to an increase in three homicide categories:

… the interaction term of police stops and the pandemic presents the extent to which the 2020 homicide surges were attributable to reduced proactive law enforcement. Specifically, gun, non-domestic, and gang homicides significantly increased as police stops decreased in the pandemic and post-Floyd era. In addition, the supplementary correlation analyses present a significant correlation of police stops to gun (r=−.406, p =.008), non-domestic (r=-.321, p=.041), and gang (r=−.364, p=.019) homicides, respectively, in the pandemic and post-Floyd era. In contrast, the significant correlations disappear in the pre-intervention era. …

In the first of the eight charts above, the reader can see the dramatic reduction in police stops by NYPD following the George Floyd protests. In the remaining charts, the simultaneous significant increase in homicides in the gun, non-domestic, and gang categories (but non in non-gun, domestic, and non-gang categories) is visually evident.

The explanation Professor Kim gives for this pattern tracks the one that I gave in my paper on the “Minneapolis Effect”–specifically, that police stops are targetted (sic) at gun crimes and related gang activity, and thus a reduction in stops will produce the greatest increase in homicides in these specific categories. As Professor Kim puts it:

Some actual research into the deaths caused by the blm and defund the police movement.....attack the police to the point they can't or won't do their jobs, and you have increased criminal violence........

Professor Kim’s article found that the reduction in stops led to an increase in three homicide categories:

… the interaction term of police stops and the pandemic presents the extent to which the 2020 homicide surges were attributable to reduced proactive law enforcement. Specifically, gun, non-domestic, and gang homicides significantly increased as police stops decreased in the pandemic and post-Floyd era. In addition, the supplementary correlation analyses present a significant correlation of police stops to gun (r=−.406, p =.008), non-domestic (r=-.321, p=.041), and gang (r=−.364, p=.019) homicides, respectively, in the pandemic and post-Floyd era. In contrast, the significant correlations disappear in the pre-intervention era. …

In the first of the eight charts above, the reader can see the dramatic reduction in police stops by NYPD following the George Floyd protests. In the remaining charts, the simultaneous significant increase in homicides in the gun, non-domestic, and gang categories (but non in non-gun, domestic, and non-gang categories) is visually evident.

The explanation Professor Kim gives for this pattern tracks the one that I gave in my paper on the “Minneapolis Effect”–specifically, that police stops are targetted (sic) at gun crimes and related gang activity, and thus a reduction in stops will produce the greatest increase in homicides in these specific categories. As Professor Kim puts it:

Not surprising. More latitude for the criminals and less for the police was their intent.

When did Biden ever call for defunding the police?

Shocked! Shocked I say!! You are having a broken clock moment.
Never been a fan BLM as always thought it a scam to reduce enforce (mostly needed enforcement) on blacks, that I figured, we'd all be better off, if they were shooting at police, and could follow basic instructions at a traffic stop, anyway, but that's just me. I am armed over half the time, I am driving around already. It would not enter my mind, to try to argue or resist police on the side of the street or road. I'm good, but no matter how you slice it, it's a good way to end up a statistic, as the law of averages and margin, just aren't in it. Goes back to parenting. I had good ones, the ones that end up on the wrong end of guns, did not. Then, there is the absolute fact, BLM is absolutely silent when black kill or injure blacks in the black community, even killing little black kids, so that proves Black Lives Matter just a money raising slogan for marketing only.

Forum List

Back