Black Privilege - Steve Harvey gets multi-year deal to host Miss Universe!!

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
I suspect he told the organization he would SCREAM RACISM if they fired him as they certainly would have done if he were white.. A company has to be crazy to hire a black man today.

Steve Harvey Offered Multi-Year Deal to Host Miss Universe

dec 23 2015 Steve Harvey may have the chance to redeem himself for Sunday's Miss Universe fumble. According to Entertainment Tonight, the comedian reportedly signed on to host the pageant for some years to come. The deal would instate Harvey as host for at least three, but possibly even six or seven, years, ET's source said, and it was struck in advance of his crowning the wrong contestant in 2015's Miss Universe broadcast.

The Miss Universe Organization owner, WME/IMG, "really loves Harvey," according to ET'ssource, which perhaps explains why they've agreed to pay him "more than they've ever paid before for a host."

I think the reactions to this are what is bizarre and fascinating to watch. Several takes... There are those who think... man, what a major screw up! Dude, you had one job! Then there are those who want to climb on a high horse and denigrate people for even talking about this in light of all the many problems in the world. Then.. the ones I really don't get.. those who are like... well, at least he admitted he made a mistake! ...wtf else could he do? Wasn't like it wouldn't have been noticed.

I have to say, I have never been a big fan of his. There is something about his comedy style that makes me uncomfortable. It's almost exploitative and stereotyping... like they used commonly in the old 40s and 50s films... the scared black with bugged out eyes. I get that people find him funny and that's fine, he's just not my kind of comedian.

With all due respect to the high-horsers... yes, we realize things are bad in the world and this doesn't rank at the top in terms of world crisis. We didn't need you to inform us of that. We're just a society who talks about trivial things like this while we're in between terror attacks and presidential debates. So take a chill pill and try to lighten up a bit.

To those who say this is no biggie, give him a break, cut him some slack, at least he admitted his mistake... Hey, this is a really big deal to those women competing. This is the moment they have lived for their entire life. Can you imagine Peyton Manning winning the Super Bowl, being out there during the post-game celebration with the trophy held above his head in celebration... then the Commissioner comes up and snatches it out of his hand and says... Oooops! We made a mistake, you DIDN'T just win the Super Bowl... SORRY!

If I were in charge of decision making, I don't know that I could let this fool do this again. He needs to stick with things that are pre-recorded so they can edit his blunders. Game shows where the questions are on the board and he doesn't have to answer them.... that's more his forte.

I think the reactions to this are what is bizarre and fascinating to watch. Several takes... There are those who think... man, what a major screw up! Dude, you had one job! Then there are those who want to climb on a high horse and denigrate people for even talking about this in light of all the many problems in the world. Then.. the ones I really don't get.. those who are like... well, at least he admitted he made a mistake! ...wtf else could he do? Wasn't like it wouldn't have been noticed.

I have to say, I have never been a big fan of his. There is something about his comedy style that makes me uncomfortable. It's almost exploitative and stereotyping... like they used commonly in the old 40s and 50s films... the scared black with bugged out eyes. I get that people find him funny and that's fine, he's just not my kind of comedian.

With all due respect to the high-horsers... yes, we realize things are bad in the world and this doesn't rank at the top in terms of world crisis. We didn't need you to inform us of that. We're just a society who talks about trivial things like this while we're in between terror attacks and presidential debates. So take a chill pill and try to lighten up a bit.

To those who say this is no biggie, give him a break, cut him some slack, at least he admitted his mistake... Hey, this is a really big deal to those women competing. This is the moment they have lived for their entire life. Can you imagine Peyton Manning winning the Super Bowl, being out there during the post-game celebration with the trophy held above his head in celebration... then the Commissioner comes up and snatches it out of his hand and says... Oooops! We made a mistake, you DIDN'T just win the Super Bowl... SORRY!

If I were in charge of decision making, I don't know that I could let this fool do this again. He needs to stick with things that are pre-recorded so they can edit his blunders. Game shows where the questions are on the board and he doesn't have to answer them.... that's more his forte.
He had one extremely simple job and he fucked it up.
Fire him.
I feel badly for him. He knows he fucked up and he likely feels bad. So does everyone else who fucked up and was fired as a result.
Stop the racial excuse making or else allow more non-blacks into the NBA for not jumping high.

He made a very big mistake. If I were his boss, I'd probably fire him - or at least not reward him with a multi year contract. As for Steve Harvey personally, my only criticism is that he appears to paint his mustache with a Sharpie.

"Black Privilege - Steve Harvey gets multi-year deal to host Miss Universe!!"

Rightwing hate, racism, and stupidity.

There is no such thing as 'black privilege.'

Harvey made a good faith mistake, a human error – it could have happened to anyone regardless of race, which clearly doesn't merit one losing his job.

Well, his screw-up got them more publicity than they've had in years.
:laugh:

Good point.

I'd say it's the opposite of "Black Privilege" though. It's a another example of how we lower standards for people based on their skin color. We've been doing this to Black Americans for decades now, and the results are clear.

They deserve better, much better.

Good for Steve Harvey. I like him. He's definitely NOT molded from the thug image. He hates American thug culture and has preached good morals and personal responsibility for decades. Has camps for troubled kids to save them from thug life.

He's basically modern day Bill Cosby....without all the raping.

Good for Harvey. He also said he doesn't give a fuck about slavery. Took massive heat for it too.

"Black Privilege - Steve Harvey gets multi-year deal to host Miss Universe!!"

Rightwing hate, racism, and stupidity.

There is no such thing as 'black privilege.'

Harvey made a good faith mistake, a human error – it could have happened to anyone regardless of race, which clearly doesn't merit one losing his job.
Can you spell BLM?

I suspect he told the organization he would SCREAM RACISM if they fired him as they certainly would have done if he were white.. A company has to be crazy to hire a black man today.

Steve Harvey Offered Multi-Year Deal to Host Miss Universe

dec 23 2015 Steve Harvey may have the chance to redeem himself for Sunday's Miss Universe fumble. According to Entertainment Tonight, the comedian reportedly signed on to host the pageant for some years to come. The deal would instate Harvey as host for at least three, but possibly even six or seven, years, ET's source said, and it was struck in advance of his crowning the wrong contestant in 2015's Miss Universe broadcast.

The Miss Universe Organization owner, WME/IMG, "really loves Harvey," according to ET'ssource, which perhaps explains why they've agreed to pay him "more than they've ever paid before for a host."
a company would have to be crazy to hire a dipshit like you too....

Someone makes a mistake its indicative of the entire race...Says the white boy only about blacks. Whites never mess up...

Fool me once then....shame....uh

Forum List

Back