Black Man goes on the Rampage in New Jersey and then Evades Arrest - what Happens Next is Unbelievable

$ecular#eckler

Platinum Member
Jan 13, 2020
Transient
Don't let black people know about this
Officers arrived at the apartments, on Maple Drive, and found Dawkins, “laying down beside a tree with the handgun clutched in his right hand,” the complaint says. Officers ordered Dawkins to drop the weapon, and he did, the document says.

Officers arrived at the apartments, on Maple Drive, and found Dawkins, “laying down beside a tree with the handgun clutched in his right hand,” the complaint says. Officers ordered Dawkins to drop the weapon, and he did, the document says.
2 ppl died and that's a mass shooting. ?

OK. Got. It

Not sure the point of your post. So now your given the police credit for doing something that they are supposed to do ? If man puts his gun down and surrenders. The police are not supposed to shoot him

OK. Got. It

Not sure the point of your post. So now your given the police credit for doing something that they are supposed to do ? If man puts his gun down and surrenders. The police are not supposed to shoot him
And, that's exactly what they do.

Almost 100% of the time with these high profile cases you guys rant about the perp is resisting arrest.

Two people died, and twelve injured. I can find no definition that suggests two people dying as a mass shooting. Most definitions use three or more homicides. So that was a fair question. I never really thought the amount of deaths was the determining factor. Evidently it is for the FBI and other government institutions.

Thanks for asking that, I learned something.

Right.

OK. Got. It

Yeah, but it honestly wouldn't be any great loss if they did...

Who described it as a "mass shooting?"

Um, don't you read what you post?

14 people were shot? How does that not qualify as a mass shooting?
Every definition I looked at said homicides was the deciding factor. Meaning the number of people who die.

Edit: I was looking at FBI and what not... If you use a regular dictionary... I get your point. They are happy to just use injured.

Every definition I looked at said homicides was the deciding factor. Meaning the number of people who die.

Can you post links to those?

I've found nothing of the sort.

I did find this, though:

"The United States' FBI follows the Investigative Assistance for Violent Crimes Act of 2012 definition for active shooter incidents and mass killings (defined by the law as three or more people) in public places. Based on this, it is generally agreed that a mass shooting is whenever three or more people are shot (injured or killed), not including the shooters."

I've found nothing of the sort...
See the edit... If you still want links I'll find them again... No problem.

The media is under no obligation to conform to legal standards of criminal descriptions.

See the edit... If you still want links I'll find them again... No problem.

If you could, please.

Basically, you're saying that if someone opens fire and shoots and injures 100 people, it's not a mass shooting.

Ask yourself: Does that make sense?

Forum List

Back