Black Airman Fatally Shot in Florida by Deputies

According to all the reports the officers hide out of view of the peephole, so no, no he didn’t.

He died as the direct result of poor police behavior
wrong watch the hole video. it was his fault ad his alone for opening the door with gun. he knew who they were.

We still dont know if it was wrong apartment yet. The apartment owner called about a disturbance. The police went through knocking on doors. When this dude didnt answer they burst in and he had a gun on them, so he was short. it is under investigation/. crump is on it trying to make money saying the guy said i cant breath. trying to use that again.

Sheriff’s Office released a statement claiming that the deputy who shot Fortson “reacted in self defense” after encountering the senior airman who was armed with a gun.
Knocking on doors had to be a hint to the airman the place had problems. Did he announce he had the gun for self defense?

So cops can shoot home owners & Property owners open carrying or holding Firearms in any instance ?
Not any instance

In this case the deputy was dispatched to the address for a domestic disturbance

That often leads to violence

The airmen confronted the deputy at close range with a gun in his hand and the deputy responded

The county will probably pay to make the mother go away but I dont see any real blame for the deputy

Not any instance

In this case the deputy was dispatched to the address for a domestic disturbance

That often leads to violence

The airmen confronted the deputy at close range with a gun in his hand and the deputy responded

The county will probably pay to make the mother go away but I dont see any real blame for the deputy
true . more free poverty money. thats all crump and her want.

Why not? What’s the point of the second amendment if you can’t defend your home or yourself?
Along with the right of gun ownership there is a need to use common sense also

The airmen failed to do so

Along with the right of gun ownership there is a need to use common sense also

The airmen failed to do so
true and he new better . and dam,n well how to obey order. he is military man. caused his own death.

i posted the whole body cam. they did shout police twice
Ok I watched it.

Umm while armed it was hanging down without a threatening movement. That was a quick draw with zero reaction from the airman.

So I tend toward the Sheriff shot too quick. No drop the gun now before firing.

Was a mistake to open door with gun in his hand, but the guy might have been half asleep or just going WTF for a second.

Fortson was alone in his apartment when he heard a knock at the door. He asked who was there but didn't get a response. A few minutes later, there was a very aggressive knock on the door, Crump said in a statement, but Fortson didn't see anyone when he looked out the peephole.

The woman said Fortson was concerned and went to retrieve his gun, which Crump said was legally owned.

As Fortson walked back through his living room, deputies burst through the door, saw that Fortson was armed and shot him six times, according to Crump's statement. Fortson was on the ground, saying, "I can't breathe," after he was shot, Crump said.

Fortson died at a hospital, officials said. The deputy involved in the shooting was placed on administrative leave pending an investigation.

The woman said Fortson wasn't causing a disturbance during their Facetime call and believes that the deputies must have had the wrong apartment, Crump's statement said.

Looks like this young man was murdered.
Guess who was murdered. It was Ashli Babbitt on Jan 6, 2021.

Two very loud times the cop yelled who he was and to open the door. He did not suddenly get this wild idea to knock on just any door. He was told what door to knock on.

The youth was not dressed as an airman. He had his pistol clearly in sight. When one answers a door due to a cop yelling, his worst move is to open it with his gun in plain sight in his hand.

Ok I watched it.

Umm while armed it was hanging down without a threatening movement. That was a quick draw with zero reaction from the airman.

So I tend toward the Sheriff shot too quick. No drop the gun now before firing.

Was a mistake to open door with gun in his hand, but the guy might have been half asleep or just going WTF for a second.
But we will read remarks made after Ashli Babbitt, who did not have a gun at all, that it was proper for the cop to murder her.

Why did the article mention he was in the Air Force? He had jeans on. And he had heard the cops yell police two times. HE had his pistol to do what? Was he about to murder the cop?

What if this was your brother? And what if he was white?

While I would be why did you open the door with a gun, id be pissed that he was doing nothing to get shot for. Minding own business in your own home, and hear a lot of ruckus going own.

Bad neighborhood? Most of us would have gotten the gun too.

The shoot happened fast. Groggy...half asleep...we might have opened the door not even thinking straight held the gun and be dead too.

I have yet to find a single lib who appreciates how quickly a pistol in the hand can be raised and fired

but none of you will even try to tell us why the black guy opened the door with a gun in his hand at all

Yes you have been answered. It's his right to do so.

But we will read remarks made after Ashli Babbitt, who did not have a gun at all, that it was proper for the cop to murder her.

Why did the article mention he was in the Air Force? He had jeans on. And he had heard the cops yell police two times. HE had his pistol to do what? Was he about to murder the cop?
We dont have that info. We dont have was this a bad area info. We dont have a history of the airman.

While he shouldnt have opened the door with a gun, he may have been half asleep when he did it.

Need some history and more info

Forum List

Back