Birthday Parties ...

Granny

Gold Member
Dec 14, 2009
Rocky Top, TN
My eldest grandchild turns 16 this week ... and, of course, like every other 16 year old in the world, he wants to be a rock star. My daughter is giving him an '80s Music party and cookout. He likes all kinds of music but he's really into the '80s stuff. I'm planning to get on the road for Richmond, VA to celebrate. I've been informed that dressing up is a requirement and that I have to go to Walmart or Target to get a t-shirt of some '80s group.

That's a project for this afternoon, thunderstorms notwithstanding. If there's a KISS shirt to be had I'm going to get that. There's a story behind that. I absolutely hated KISS - actually I didn't like most of those groups. One Halloween my kids had a friend who dressed up as Gene Simmons ... complete with make-up, clothes and God-awful shoes. He was a big tall kid to begin with and when I opened the door and saw him towering over me ... I lost it ... he scared the crap out of me. My kids laughed their asses off.

Seems appropriate I should wear a KISS t-shirt. My kids will get a kick out of it. If they try to take a picture I will kill them.

OMG!! I would be labeled a Walmart Person?!

Actually, I am a Walmart person ... not in the way of being a fat slob, toothless, ignorant or anything like that. I would not shop Walmart when I lived in Richmond because they were the nastiest stores you've ever seen, loaded to the max with crappy people carting around a load of attitude on their shoulders and coming out of their mouths.

Here we have a Walmart that is spotless all the time, merchandise is neatly hung or folded where it should be, and stuff isn't laying around all over the place. The people may be fat, toothless or whatever ... but they're polite people. There are not hoards of people pushing and shoving either, so it makes for a more pleasant shopping experience. And most of the checkout people are nice as well.

Besides ... now that I'm not working I can no longer afford Jones New York or Josephine Chaus, Bandolino, etc.

My eldest grandchild turns 16 this week ... and, of course, like every other 16 year old in the world, he wants to be a rock star. My daughter is giving him an '80s Music party and cookout. He likes all kinds of music but he's really into the '80s stuff. I'm planning to get on the road for Richmond, VA to celebrate. I've been informed that dressing up is a requirement and that I have to go to Walmart or Target to get a t-shirt of some '80s group.

That's a project for this afternoon, thunderstorms notwithstanding. If there's a KISS shirt to be had I'm going to get that. There's a story behind that. I absolutely hated KISS - actually I didn't like most of those groups. One Halloween my kids had a friend who dressed up as Gene Simmons ... complete with make-up, clothes and God-awful shoes. He was a big tall kid to begin with and when I opened the door and saw him towering over me ... I lost it ... he scared the crap out of me. My kids laughed their asses off.

Seems appropriate I should wear a KISS t-shirt. My kids will get a kick out of it. If they try to take a picture I will kill them.

Go to Hot Topic and get a Slayer tee shirt. They will lose it. Kiss originated in the 70's sooo:eusa_eh:

Go to Hot Topic and get a Slayer tee shirt. They will lose it. Kiss originated in the 70's sooo:eusa_eh:

So, I get my decades mixed up ... :tongue: I'm an old lady.

I always feel kinda weird walking into that store (when my friends ask me, of course). It's sorta like walking into a bondage club...

Well if he's into the 70s/80s stuff you might want the party catered by Timothy Leary.

When is this 80's retro fad finally going to die??

I think it's lasting longer than the original style in the actual 80's did!

Well if he's into the 70s/80s stuff you might want the party catered by Timothy Leary.

Timothy Leary would not be safe around my daughter!! What a fruck-up that guy was!!

Forum List

Back