Billy Graham-Paul "Bear" Bryant And Donald Trump

DarkFury

Platinum Member
Feb 20, 2015
Sun, Sand And Palm Trees
Not to many people can fill a stadium of 42 thousand people on short notice in Alabama but those three HAVE. In the "Bible belt" no less Trump is drawing Billy Graham numbers. In the home of the "Crimson Tide" Trump is drawing "Bear's" numbers.

In southern terms its a crusade and in the Bible belt they take crusades very very serious. Carter was the last to truly take the south and evangelicals felt sold out by him. Anybody who remembers Carter 2 VS Reagan 1 will remember the disdain of the south for Carter.

I say disdain because very few in the south truly hate, they simply ignore you.
And an aging feeble white liar does not get far in the south. They CAN forgive a three time married man but NOT a multi time proven liar. It's the Bible belt NOT the idiot belt.

Southern charm will welcome Hillary and southern charm will treat her right. But southern ethics WILL put her on ignore. Trump is honest to the point of being brutal. And having spent some time in the state of Alabama I can tell you being honest to the point of brutal is a badge of honor.

Billy and Bear must be smiling because it looks like the "Evangelical Crimson Tide" is getting ready to roll!
Why are white evangelicals supporting Trump? It goes back to Jimmy Carter.

Speaking of the crowd... I noticed a lot more younger folks than expected.

Not to many people can fill a stadium of 42 thousand people on short notice in Alabama but those three HAVE. In the "Bible belt" no less Trump is drawing Billy Graham numbers. In the home of the "Crimson Tide" Trump is drawing "Bear's" numbers.

In southern terms its a crusade and in the Bible belt they take crusades very very serious. Carter was the last to truly take the south and evangelicals felt sold out by him. Anybody who remembers Carter 2 VS Reagan 1 will remember the disdain of the south for Carter.

And an aging feeble white liar does not get far in the south. They CAN forgive a three time married man but NOT a multi time proven liar. It's the Bible belt NOT the idiot belt.

Southern charm will welcome Hillary and southern charm will treat her right. But southern ethics WILL put her on ignore. Trump is honest to the point of being brutal. And having spent some time in the state of Alabama I can tell you being honest to the point of brutal is a badge of honor.

Billy and Bear must be smiling because it looks like the "Evangelical Crimson Tide" is getting ready to roll!

Ever seen the face of somebody who's just come from an evangelist "revival" meeting?

Ever seen the face of somebody who's just taken way too much methamphetamine?

I've seen both. They're identical. Neither represents anything rational.

The people have a champion not beholden to lobbyists or donors and immune to PC attacks, I never thought I would see the day. Trump you go boy! :eusa_dance:

I would believe that Trump in the south could pull a crowd the size of the crowds Bernie pulls on the west coast. Males sense, I'd like to see any of the other Republican nominees try.

The American Taliban supporting The Donald on his Blame the Beaners tour? Now there's a shocker for you. Had he held a Bible reading and burned a cross he could have topped 50KKK...
trump-rally-alabama-3.jpg

Mommy says he'll be great because that evil ****** will be gone...

Last edited:
The American Public (or Republicans) - others as well though- are sending a message by supporting Trump.
I don't think they necessarily think they think he's so great and good for the Country.

It's kind of like how you will flirt with another guy (or girl) to get your boyfriend/girlfriend/spouse's attention - get them "in line".....

Last edited:

Forum List

Back