Billions of tests needed yet few are saying it.

I had COVID. I have had worse...flu.

Covid just killed 32,000 in a month with extreme social distancing.
Flu no where near as deadly.
Bullshit. 90% are old with underlying conditions. Flu is just not as contagious. You said 50mil would die. You lost all credibility

No BS. In fact C19 just killed 32,000 in a month and that is with extreme social distancing. With social distancing many many times that many with people dying in the streets and no way to dispose of the huge body count.
50 million!!! You said 50 million. LMAO!!! Show one model that showed even 10% of that number.
If its 32,000 a month now with social distancing it might be 100 times that if we went to baseball games etc. soon enough the entire planet would have it and 50 million would be a very conservative number.

A disease that kills less than 1% of its victims isn't going to reach 50 million victims. Particularly since most of the victims COVID 19 does claim are very aged and with serious co-morbidities. Those kinds of folks don't go to ball games, or other activities

Hey, I'm 56 and I still like to go to a ball game once in a while. But then again, I'm still pretty active and like to ride bicycles.

I'd be careful about saying how harmless this virus is, because a lot of people who were telling us that it was no worse than the cold or flu (preachers mainly, but there were others too), have come down with it, and many of them have died.
Are you going to answer me? Captain Fitness

I already commented on the part of your post that I wanted to. I was responding to you saying that old people don't go to ball games and I said that even though I'm 56, I still enjoy a good game, and that I'm also active.

I then told you that I'd be careful about downplaying this thing, because many people who have, ended up getting the virus themselves, and in many cases, dying.

What is the question you want answers to?
So if you had to be snake bitten with one. Which one would you pick. Simple question

I just hit the "click to expand" button, and there is zero question about snake bites in there. What is your question?
My question is if you had to pick one AIDS or COVID. What disease would you rather have.

Not a fair question, as both are transmitted in vastly different ways and are 2 different diseases.

However...........................if I absolutely HAD to pick one or the other, and would never get the other, I would probably pick AIDS. Why? AIDS can't be transmitted via casual contact or just breathing near someone. You HAVE to have an exchange of blood or semen to transmit it. And, with all the research that has been going on over the past few decades, AIDS is a disease that can be managed quite nicely and there is medicine that will drop your disease level to below detectable levels. I've seen the ads on the television. And, because it's not easily transmitted, it wouldn't shut down the economy.

COVID-19 on the other hand is a very fickle disease and can be transmitted in a variety of ways, from touching a surface, to breathing next to someone without protection, to any number of ways. I'd rather not have COVID-19 because of it's high transmission rate, as well as the fact that it affects the brain (causes swelling and strokes), and can leave your lungs messed up for several months. Because of it's ability to pass from person to person, it HAS messed up the economy.

I answered your stupid question. Happy? It's a false equivalency, but I decided to provide you with the reasons, so you would quit comparing the 2. And no, I wouldn't want a disease that I could pass as easily as COVID 19. I actually like people and don't want to see any of them die for no reason.
You would rather have AIDS than a bad cold? LOL.

AIDS is for life. COVID is for 2 weeks.

Link. This site requires proof.
you want proof that 32000 died of c19?????????

Actually, its a fair request. 32000 deaths have been assigned to the virus, but that is hardly a 100% dependable number. Many of those individuals were never tested for the disease. Of the ones who were , a lot can only be said to have died "With" the Kung Flu, not necessary of it. The majority had serious co-morbidities, including emphysema, cardiac conditions and cancer of the lung at the time of their decedencies.

Further, there were both financial as well as political reasons to assign deaths to COVID, if there was any case to be made for it.

Forum List

Back