Bill Maher Insults Troops - Again

If you, Gunny, honestly think that the Naval Service hands out medals fraudulently, then you must be ready to have me or anyone else question the validity of the fruit salad above YOUR left pocket. You can doubt Kerry's valor all you want, but if you are really doubting the Silver Star and the Bronze Star won for heroismand valor in combat, then you are throwing mud on every navy and marine medal recipient from Nam and any other wars, for that matter.

In the case of Kerry - they were Band Aid Purple Hearts

Awards for a scratch - possibly self inflicted

Your argument however, is relative. Why did YOU choose to be a Navy officer and do whatever you did when you could have chosen to be a Marine 0302 in year two at the Academy? How many grunt officers have paid the price because of your making that decision?

I mean, had you REALLY wanted to go to war and be where the REAL action is, then you would have chosen to be a Marine grunt, right? And I DO know enough to know that choice WAS yours. Right?

absolutely. I had been captivated by the sea since I was a toddler and there never was any question that I would go surface line. But if the truth be known, the Marine Corps option was a very popular one in MY class and all of the available billets were snapped up long before I got to select. My only choices were surface line or naval air.... and after the second summer spent flying T34s, T28s and T2's at Pensacola, I knew that negative G's were not my cup of tea. ;)

You and kerry have something in common..........

Attachments

• $clinton_memorial.jpg
    $clinton_memorial.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 68
If you, Gunny, honestly think that the Naval Service hands out medals fraudulently, then you must be ready to have me or anyone else question the validity of the fruit salad above YOUR left pocket. You can doubt Kerry's valor all you want, but if you are really doubting the Silver Star and the Bronze Star won for heroismand valor in combat, then you are throwing mud on every navy and marine medal recipient from Nam and any other wars, for that matter.

So, the Navy would never hand out medals fraudulently but the National Guard has no problem granting favors for rich kids, I see.

So, the Navy would never hand out medals fraudulently but the National Guard has no problem granting favors for rich kids, I see.

Good...there IS a difference between the National Guard andthe other real military services. The National Guard is controlled and administered at the STATE level... the Texas Air National Guard had no problems granting favors to the rich kids of Texas, because it was run by Texans with little to no oversight from the federal government - especially in terms of prioritizing cadidates for acquisition - favoritism abounds in the Guard....not so in the Army, Navy, Air Force or Marines. I am glad you understand the difference.

And like I said to GUNNY - not YOU - if he wanted to question the Naval Service's integrity in handing out medals, then every single medal or ribbon he EVER was awarded is equally as suspect as He suspects Kerry's Silver Star.

Good...there IS a difference between the National Guard and other the real military services. The National Guard is controlled and administered at the STATE level... the Texas Air National Guard had no problems granting favors to the rich kids of Texas, because it was run by Texans with little to know oversight from the federal government - especially in terms of prioritizing cadidates for acquisition. I am glad you understand the difference.

And like I said to GUNNY - not YOU - if he wanted to question the Naval Service's integrity in handing out medals, then every single medal or ribbon he EVER was awarded is equally as suspect as He suspects Kerry's Silver Star.

or John Boy's Purple Hearts.......

Attachments

• $At the Arch.jpg
    $At the Arch.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 55

I do not think the US Naval Service, as an institution hands out medals fraudulently. I do know however that it is possible for the system to be abused by those within it.

I really have not doubted Kerry's valor except as a matter of contrast. I have never questioned his Silver or Bronze Stars.

I HAVE and DO question his motives to lead to several actions. Questioning what is questionable does not automatically cast doubt on everything the man has done since birth.

And questioning at least one of his Purple Hearts; which, according to what I have read was gained under questionable circumstances does NOT throw mud on every Marine and Sailor who ever got a medal.

Personally, if I was injured by flying rock chips bagging a rock in the dark, I couldn't imagine letting anyone know I pulled such a stupid stunt, much less demand a medal for it.;)

absolutely. I had been captivated by the sea since I was a toddler and there never was any question that I would go surface line. But if the truth be known, the Marine Corps option was a very popular one in MY class and all of the available billets were snapped up long before I got to select. My only choices were surface line or naval air.... and after the second summer spent flying T34s, T28s and T2's at Pensacola, I knew that negative G's were not my cup of tea. ;)

So personal and professional circumstances are as much a result of your decision as personal desire.

My point is, that I don't think Bush was in as much control of his circumstances as you tend to believe, and I also think that had you or I been in his position we would have exercised whatever control we DID have, based on our desires. We'd have been fools not to.

"I do not think the US Naval Service, as an institution hands out medals fraudulently. I do know however that it is possible for the system to be abused by those within it."

I personally do not believe that the system of awarding medals of the stature of the Silver and Bronze Stars is prone to abuse.

"I really have not doubted Kerry's valor except as a matter of contrast. I have never questioned his Silver or Bronze Stars.

I HAVE and DO question his motives to lead to several actions. Questioning what is questionable does not automatically cast doubt on everything the man has done since birth.

And questioning at least one of his Purple Hearts; which, according to what I have read was gained under questionable circumstances does NOT throw mud on every Marine and Sailor who ever got a medal."

Why doesn't it throw mud on every Marine or Sailor who ever won a Purple Heart? If the Naval service gives them away for nothing to ONE sailor, why not all of them? Which ones are valid... which ones are not? Would you DARE go into an American Legion Post and accuse a veteran of fraudulently winning his purple heart, and if not, why not?

Personally, if I was injured by flying rock chips bagging a rock in the dark, I couldn't imagine letting anyone know I pulled such a stupid stunt, much less demand a medal for it.;)

A good friend of mine was sitting on the crapper when a mortar round landed nearby the latrine and he caught shrapnel in his right buttock. He took the Purple Heart with pride.

A little bit too general an analogy. The Navy itself cannot hand out fraudulent awards. Under the right circumstances, people within the Navy can abuse the system and receive fraudulent awards.

The National Guard being the state's equivalent of the Fed's military, with the Governor being de facto CinC, it would not be impossible for one of the state's powerbroker's to manipulate the system.

I don't know that Bush did or did not, but Daddy Bush was certainly a power player here at the time and easily had all the pieces in place if he chose to.

Did I mention that you a warped indivudal and need help?:eusa_whistle:

That one IS amusing though ..... not sure it'll win any arguments however.

he never wins any arguments.... that is why I have him on ignore. I would MUCH rather converse with a man like you who has a brain and wit.... than RSR who has neither.

So personal and professional circumstances are as much a result of your decision as personal desire.

My point is, that I don't think Bush was in as much control of his circumstances as you tend to believe, and I also think that had you or I been in his position we would have exercised whatever control we DID have, based on our desires. We'd have been fools not to.

you are absolutely correct. But this difference IS true: Bush clearly did NOT desire to serve anywhere NEAR Vietnam. Kerry made ONE deployment to Yankee Station and then volunteered to go back in country to command a swiftboat.

I wouldn't bat that particular ball if I were you.. It's liable to blow up in your face before you ever make contact...

Methinks I'll watch this one for awhile....

shattered...I hope you are not waiting for ME to respond to that moron....I have had him on ignore for several days now and life is SO much nicer without all of his one liners and cut and paste crap that he substitutes for debate.

"I do not think the US Naval Service, as an institution hands out medals fraudulently. I do know however that it is possible for the system to be abused by those within it."

I personally do not believe that the system of awarding medals of the stature of the Silver and Bronze Stars is prone to abuse.

I tend to agree. The parameters are pretty stringent at that level.

"I really have not doubted Kerry's valor except as a matter of contrast. I have never questioned his Silver or Bronze Stars.

And questioning at least one of his Purple Hearts; which, according to what I have read was gained under questionable circumstances does NOT throw mud on every Marine and Sailor who ever got a medal."

Why doesn't it throw mud on every Marine or Sailor who ever won a Purple Heart? If the Naval service gives them away for nothing to ONE sailor, why not all of them? Which ones are valid... which ones are not? Would you DARE go into an American Legion Post and accuse a veteran of fraudulently winning his purple heart, and if not, why not?

Because I am not a believer in one bad apple spoiling the whole bunch/I absolutely despise punishing the whole for the actions of the individual.

The only reason I say it is questionable is because of the circumstances reported surrounding it.

As far as the American Legion thing goes, in case you missed a few pages back, I'm not the most tolerant for disrepecting vets without evidence. In the case of Kerry's PH, the evidence presented throws it into a questionable light.

And again, I say questionable ... I have not made a statement of fact that he DID, because I don't recall having seen anything conclusive.

The odd thing about that I have noticed over the years, is only Recon Rangers, SEALS, Green Beret's and Airborn seem to go to bars. I have yet to run into a motor t or cook.:lol:

A good friend of mine was sitting on the crapper when a mortar round landed nearby the latrine and he caught shrapnel in his right buttock. He took the Purple Heart with pride.

That had to suck.:lol:

shattered...I hope you are not waiting for ME to respond to that moron....I have had him on ignore for several days now and life is SO much nicer without all of his one liners and cut and paste crap that he substitutes for debate.

That was in reference to him comparing Gunny to Kerry...

you are absolutely correct. But this difference IS true: Bush clearly did NOT desire to serve anywhere NEAR Vietnam. Kerry made ONE deployment to Yankee Station and then volunteered to go back in country to command a swiftboat.

So for whatever their respective motives were, Kerry wanted to go and Bush did not. I can agree with that.

Forum List

Back