Biden warns business leaders to prepare for Russian cyber attacks

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
(CNN) President Joe Biden on Monday issued an urgent warning to American business leaders, telling them to strengthen their companies' cyber defenses immediately.

Speaking at the Business Roundtable Quarterly Meeting in Washington, Biden said Russian President Vladimir Putin is likely to use cyber attacks as a form of retaliation against the United States for its actions to counter Russia's incursion on Ukraine.

Biden said, "The magnitude of Russia's cyber capacity is fairly consequential and it's coming."

He added that "one of the tools (Putin's) most likely to use, in my view -- in our view -- is cyber attacks. They have a very sophisticated cyber capability," and later argued, "The point is that he has the capability. He hasn't used it yet, but it's part of his playbook."

The President told business leaders the national interest is at stake, suggesting that it's "a patriotic obligation that you invest as much as you can in making sure -- and we will help in any way -- that you have built up your technological capacity to deal with cyber attacks."

LOL.....I bet all those cut-rate H1B workers won't be looking like much of a deal when their systems shit the bed.

(CNN) President Joe Biden on Monday issued an urgent warning to American business leaders, telling them to strengthen their companies' cyber defenses immediately.

Speaking at the Business Roundtable Quarterly Meeting in Washington, Biden said Russian President Vladimir Putin is likely to use cyber attacks as a form of retaliation against the United States for its actions to counter Russia's incursion on Ukraine.

Biden said, "The magnitude of Russia's cyber capacity is fairly consequential and it's coming."

He added that "one of the tools (Putin's) most likely to use, in my view -- in our view -- is cyber attacks. They have a very sophisticated cyber capability," and later argued, "The point is that he has the capability. He hasn't used it yet, but it's part of his playbook."

The President told business leaders the national interest is at stake, suggesting that it's "a patriotic obligation that you invest as much as you can in making sure -- and we will help in any way -- that you have built up your technological capacity to deal with cyber attacks."

LOL.....I bet all those cut-rate H1B workers won't be looking like much of a deal when their systems shit the bed.
I just had a poster on here in another thread tell me covid stops cyberattacks

Biden is an idiot.

It's HIS job to keep the cyber attackers out.

He's the Commander in Chief, ain't he?

And Russian hacking is an Act of War, isn't it?

Yes it is. It is so defined by our DoD.

So there you go. It's Biden's job.

So why the fuck is he asking me to do work I already paid for?

Well I guess with Covid fading (reportedly) they need something new to fear.

I wonder if Biden told these business leaders that had it not been for HIM, we wouldn't NEED to fear russian cyber-attacks!

Wolverines!!! :laughing0301:

wolverines.jpg

The Russians just woke up and decided the US could be hacked? Didn’t Democrats tell US they hacked the 2020 election? But everyone rest assured that the Russians left Hillary’s server alone.

I hope the hell so. I would love a week off while the IT geeks scurry about like mice.

To be perfectly honest I am far more concerned any cyber mischief perpetrated upon the people of the United States will be courtesy of FBI, CIA, or NSA, folks you need to be armed, the enemy ain't Russia, the enemy is inside our perimeter....
Agreed. Very Perceptive.

Just as the Wikileaks documents that exposed the DNC and Hillary were the result of a leak and not a hack, and Trump still gets shit for disagreeing with the Deep State's reliance on a Ukrainian tech firm CrowdStrike, (who had ties to the DNC,) for only giving images to the FBI, and the VIPS got a different analysis, as well as this narrative conflicting with Julian Assange himself; Deep State actors can often have an agenda. . .

The point here, is what agenda could a cyber false flag serve? In whose interest would it be? What if after such a thing happened, you were required to have a digital global ID to access the internet?

:dunno:

Well. . . then I suppose the only folks that would be accessing the internet without a digital global ID, would be the same folks that committed such an attack to begin with. :rolleyes:

undefined

When False Flags Go Virtual​

Corbett ReportNov 29, 2020

"Imagine this: you wake up to the blaring of your alarm clock and immediately reach for your smartphone to scroll your Insta feed before getting out of bed. But instead of the usual delightful and informative Instagram posts, today you're greeted by a "server not found" error.

Deciding that it's too early in the morning to deal with this, you hop in the shower . . . but for some reason Alexa won't play your Spotify playlist through your bathroom smart speakers. You have to shower in silence like a luddite.

Getting frustrated, you head downstairs for breakfast. You prop your iPad up next to you and go to check your email while stuffing your face with your morning bowl of Cheeri-GMOs (now with extra HFCS!) but you're not getting any new messages. You turn on your smart TV and navigate to YouTube so you can catch up on all the latest news from MSNBC, but all you get is the never ending spiral of the spinning "loading" wheel.

Twitter? Down.

Facebook? No luck.

Reddit? Forget it!

Increasingly desperate, you try in vain to remember how to turn on your regular terrestrial TV. Then you recall you have something collecting dust in a closet somewhere: a radio. You turn it on, fumble with the dial, and find a station just in time to hear the announcement:

". . . is claiming responsibility for the outage. Once again, widespread outages across a range of internet services is sweeping the globe this morning, as a shadowy new terror group emerges to take responsibility . . ."

<snip>

". . . This is important because, exactly as the Patriot Act was already ready and waiting in the wings pre-9/11, so, too, is an "iPatriot Act" ready and waiting in the wings for a "cyber 9/11" to come along and justify its enactment

We do not have to speculate about this. It was confirmed by Harvard Law professor Lawrence Lessig at a conference in 2008. "I had dinner once with Richard Clarke at the table," he told the audience at Fortune's Brainstorm Tech conference in Half Moon Bay, California. "And I said, 'Is there an equivalent to the Patriot Act — an iPatriot Act — just sitting, waiting for some substantial event? Just waiting for them to come have the excuse for radically changing the way the Internet works?' And he said, 'Of course there is' — and I swear this is what he said — 'and Vint Cerf is not going to like it very much.'"

Keep in mind that the Richard Clarke who told Lessig about the iPatriot Act is the same Richard Clarke who came out after the death of Michael Hastings to note that intelligence agencies have ways to remotely hijack cars, steer people to their deaths and disguise their tracks well enough to "get away with it." Also keep in mind that Joe Biden likes to brag about having written the [regular] Patriot Act in 1994.

So what kinds of things might be contained in such an iPatriot Act? Once again, we don't have to speculate. Various government officials have talked about their wish list for an internet clampdown in recent years.

• In March of 2009, Senator Jay Rockefeller opined during a subcommittee hearing that the internet is proving to be such a threat to America’s national security that it would have been better if it had never existed.
  • In June of 2010, Senator Joe Lieberman stated that he believed the US needed the same ability to shut down the internet as China currently has.
  • Also in 2010, Microsoft Senior Advisor and Bilderberg attendee Craig Mundie called for the creation of a "World Health Organization for the internet" and suggested creating government-issued licenses to authorize internet usage.
  • In 2011, Bill Clinton advocated the idea that the US government create an agency for “fact-checking” websites on the internet.
  • In 2015, the National Institute of Standards and Technology (yes, that NIST) unveiled the "Trusted Identities Group," part of a national strategy for standardizing online identification systems.
Given all of this, it is not hard to imagine how a cyberterror event may play out: A cataclysmic attack on the internet's infrastructure massively disrupts people's online lives for a period of days or weeks. Social media is inaccesible. Online banking and shopping is halted. All news and information during the internet blackout comes from the old, controlled dinosaur media. A shocked and distressed public learn that the Russians (or whatever bogeyman du jour is convenient) are being blamed for the attack. In order to prevent such a thing from reoccurring, emergency legislation is passed in the US (and, coincidentally, in all other Western nations) requiring proof of identity to use any and all internet services.. . . "

Forum List

Back