'Biden told US Jews that Israel - not America - guaranteed their security'

rylah

Gold Member
Jun 10, 2015
The surprising remarks were reported by Atlantic journalist Jeffrey Goldberg in a recent article about the future of European Jewry.

Vice President Joe Biden told a gathering of prominent American Jewish officials last fall that they should look to Israel - and not the United States - as the ultimate guarantor of their community’s long-term safety.

The surprising remarks, which were made during a Rosh Hashana celebration attended by government officials and members of Congress, were reported by Atlantic journalist Jeffrey Goldberg in a recent article about the future of European Jewry.

“I had the great pleasure of knowing every prime minister since Golda Meir, when I was a young man in the Senate, and I’ll never forget talking to her in her office with her assistant - a guy named Rabin - about the Six-Day War,” he said. “The end of the meeting, we get up and walk out, the doors are open, and … the press is taking photos … She looked straight ahead and said, ‘Senator, don’t look so sad … Don’t worry. We Jews have a secret weapon.’ ”

Then Biden recalled asking Meir what the secret weapon was.

“I thought she was going to tell me something about a nuclear program,” Biden said. “She looked straight ahead and she said, ‘We have no place else to go. We have no place else to go.’ ”

“Folks, there is no place else to go, and you understand that in your bones. You understand in your bones that no matter how hospitable, no matter how consequential, no matter how engaged, no matter how deeply involved you are in the United States … there’s only one guarantee. There is really only one absolute guarantee, and that’s the state of Israel. And so I just want to assure you, for all the talk, and I know sometimes [President Barack Obama] gets beat up a little bit, but I guarantee you: he shares the exact same commitment to the security of Israel.”

The comments are rather striking given that they were uttered by a sitting vice president who seemed to suggest that Jews in the US were vulnerable to hatred that could one day escalate to the point that they should consider relocating to Israel.

(Comment)

The article is from 2015, but as Rabbi Yochanan said "since the day of the destruction of the Temple, prophecy was taken from the prophets and given to fools and children".

The recent half year, and especially last 2 month have seen record high applications for immigration to Israel. And the media silences what's actually going on, and the extent of the violence the communities experience almost on a daily basis now around the world. Virtually every political event in Europe is used as a platform to blame Jews and Israel for whatever comes, no matter how insane.

Joe Biden's friends already designated Jews the "ultimate white man".
It's all in the open, in your face and couldn't be clearer.
People's radars should go bezerk, and they do.

If not now when?

NBN-Covid-Riots-696x379.jpg

Last edited:
RE: 'Biden told US Jews that Israel - not America - guaranteed their security'
⁜→ rylah et al,

BLUF: Vice President Joe Biden is correct. Although his delivery could have been better.

Vice President Joe Biden told a gathering of prominent American Jewish officials last fall that they should look to Israel - and not the United States - as the ultimate guarantor of their community’s long-term safety.

The surprising remarks, which were made during a Rosh Hashana celebration attended by government officials and members of Congress, were reported by Atlantic journalist Jeffrey Goldberg in a recent article about the future of European Jewry.
(COMMENT)

GENERAL RULE: The protection and security of any country is the command responsibility of the national authority of that nation.

That is different from a mutual defense pact; in which one country pledges to come to the aid of another country.

SIGIL PAIR.png
Most Respectfully,
R

He is trying to appeal to his black base.
I know, he doesn't really seem to mean harm,
not in his condition...

But the seeds were planted long ago...

Already in 2016 Muslim Brotherhood's Khalila Sbra with Hamas front man declared that
the Black Lives Matter movement was "their front", and that they, THEY are the new Blacks.

Now they're organizing group prayers during protest and solicit useful idiots to tear down every symbol and statue of the US, and invest huge resources and energy to put the blame on Israel. Anyone with a half brain understands this is not about Floyd.

I hope people don't wait for the pillow feathers to start flying in the air before they realize,
or is it already snowing right now?

I'm not seeing the issue. No matter who wins in November, the Zionists will still be dictating our middle east policy.

And no matter what you believe, the US will continue get hit each time
there's a "friendly proposal" for Israel to abandon land everyone knows belong to us.

Why not let Omar try that and compare the results?

I'm not seeing the issue. No matter who wins in November, the Zionists will still be dictating our middle east policy.
You better stop using all the Zionist developed technology that drives the WEB.
What does "Zionist developed" mean?
Proud Israeli Jews working in every Tech Corporate Development center in Israel.
And they are making your stuff?
And yours.
Almost all the latest hardware and software developed and sold on planet earth is developed in Israel.
The price point of labor, equipment and profit is better than in any other nation.

⁜→ rylah et al,

BLUF: Vice President Joe Biden is correct. Although his delivery could have been better.

(COMMENT)

GENERAL RULE: The protection and security of any country is the command responsibility of the national authority of that nation.

That is different from a mutual defense pact; in which one country pledges to come to the aid of another country.

SIGIL PAIR.png
Most Respectfully,
R

Agreed of course,
and that's why I, as an Israeli prefer end to all military aid,
and adopting a framework of mutual technological cooperation,
with the military pact being of course welcomed if initiated by the US.

We have fully integrated missile, navy and AF systems, as part of a wider alliance.
But if Israel keeps depending on this framework of relations long term, it will eventually,
come to a point of great political and strategic friction. Israel is a country too small and thus quick, 'short fuse' as we say, to be pushed to most desperate means. This is why a certain healthy distance in the relationship is best, so that our moves don't project and directly depend on reputation and domestic issues.

Everyone knows Israel develops stuff in spite American disapproval, we have no other option.
For 1% of our GDP I don't think it's worth the political stress, for both.

⁜→ rylah et al,

(COMMENT)

That is different from a mutual defense p

⁜→ rylah et al,

(COMMENT)

SIGIL PAIR.png
Most Respectfully,
R
If he was speaking to Israeli Jews, ypi
⁜→ rylah et al,

(COMMENT)

SIGIL PAIR.png
Most Respectfully,
R
If he were talking to Israeli Jews, this would be true. He was speaking to American Jews, however

You better stop using all the Zionist developed technology that drives the WEB.
What does "Zionist developed" mean?
Proud Israeli Jews working in every Tech Corporate Development center in Israel.
And they are making your stuff?
And yours.
Almost all the latest hardware and software developed and sold on planet earth is developed in Israel.
The price point of labor, equipment and profit is better than in any other nation.
I don´t think so. They are importing stuff from the UK for their Iron Dome. For example.

Yes, I just wanted to point as well,
how can this even be subject of policy negotiation?

Those Jewish families are not moving because of elections,
but because the situation for them became unbearable.

Just yesterday I watched a short QA with immigrant kids,
there was a point when I realized the one common reaction,
was the amazement at the freedom to go out with friends after sundown.

It's kinda daunted on me.
Same reaction from immigrants from the US, Brazil, France and Ukraine.

There're cities in the US where homicide rate in a decade is higher than the number of casualties in Israel's entire 72 years of Arab-Israeli conflict. The only place outside Israel, where it seems the Jewish community is relatively safe right now is Russia.

Look at Europe and NY and you've got pictures of SWATS with dogs guarding synagogues,
the only time such a thing can be seen in Israel is only if something really bad happened.
But look at the news, and it seems Israel is one of the most dangerous places on earth.

The surprising remarks were reported by Atlantic journalist Jeffrey Goldberg in a recent article about the future of European Jewry.

“I had the great pleasure of knowing every prime minister since Golda Meir, when I was a young man in the Senate, and I’ll never forget talking to her in her office with her assistant - a guy named Rabin - about the Six-Day War,” he said. “The end of the meeting, we get up and walk out, the doors are open, and … the press is taking photos … She looked straight ahead and said, ‘Senator, don’t look so sad … Don’t worry. We Jews have a secret weapon.’ ”

Then Biden recalled asking Meir what the secret weapon was.

“I thought she was going to tell me something about a nuclear program,” Biden said. “She looked straight ahead and she said, ‘We have no place else to go. We have no place else to go.’ ”

“Folks, there is no place else to go, and you understand that in your bones. You understand in your bones that no matter how hospitable, no matter how consequential, no matter how engaged, no matter how deeply involved you are in the United States … there’s only one guarantee. There is really only one absolute guarantee, and that’s the state of Israel. And so I just want to assure you, for all the talk, and I know sometimes [President Barack Obama] gets beat up a little bit, but I guarantee you: he shares the exact same commitment to the security of Israel.”

The comments are rather striking given that they were uttered by a sitting vice president who seemed to suggest that Jews in the US were vulnerable to hatred that could one day escalate to the point that they should consider relocating to Israel.

(Comment)

The article is from 2015, but as Rabbi Yochanan said "since the day of the destruction of the Temple, prophecy was taken from the prophets and given to fools and children".

The recent half year, and especially last 2 month have seen record high applications for immigration to Israel. And the media silences what's actually going on, and the extent of the violence the communities experience almost on a daily basis now around the world. Virtually every political event in Europe is used as a platform to blame Jews and Israel for whatever comes, no matter how insane.

Joe Biden's friends already designated Jews the "ultimate white man".
It's all in the open, in your face and couldn't be clearer.
People's radars should go bezerk, and they do.

If not now when?

NBN-Covid-Riots-696x379.jpg

He was right, basically. Due to demographic shifts, the US will be descending to the mess.

and Ukraine
They were targeted specifically for being Jews?

The kid said it was an overall atmosphere.
It's just something they're not supposed to do,
The whole Bandera gang didn't help neither.

The girl from France said the norm is that you don't hang outside with friends without parents, outside at night not even discussed. Kids here are different, and I don't mean wannabe rebels. That's what they said, it was really nice to experience that freedom.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back