Biden Pays Off Pipeline Hackers and Lies About it

Moonglow actually has a good point.
Corporations have sacrificed systems security in favor of cheaper cloud computing and centralized systems that are controlled remotely.
Also many companies have given the keys to their systems to remote services... in countries that also have the highest scam/fraud occurences in the world. But hey - they save $1,000's.

Biden paid nobody, especially not Tramp's RUSSIAN hackers.
Tell it to Bloomberg, chump...not a source of news likely to be prejudiced against Lying Joe.
Just the opposite actually. I guess that's why he refuses to even discuss the topic with news
reporters.

Corporations have sacrificed systems security in favor of cheaper cloud computing and centralized systems that are controlled remotely.
Also many companies have given the keys to their systems to remote services... in countries that also have the highest scam/fraud occurences in the world. But hey - they save $1,000's.
I could show them how to avert ransomware and pay nothing, but it will cost them.. at least 5 million.

"A U.S. official, who spoke on the condition of anonymity, confirmed to NBC News"

That statment right there shows this thread should be under Conspiracy Theories.
And yet Joe Biden refuses to comment on the matter lending tons of credence to news reports.

I could show them how to avert ransomware and pay nothing, but it will cost them.. at least 5 million.
One of the best firewall systems around is free. The "floppy firewall".
We employed them securing systems that cost $100,000's back in the 90s.
A terrific security system that is free.
Basically it is a tiny Linux operating system that fits on a floppy disk. The computer has no HD, therefore - no writeable memory. It operates in RAM. And the OS only knows a handful of commands. Literally impossible to hack.

Basically it is a tiny Linux operating system that fits on a floppy disk. The computer has no HD, therefore - no writeable memory. It operates in RAM. And the OS only knows a handful of commands. Literally impossible to hack.
This is closing the barn door after the horse has gone.
But since Joe paid off sophisticated cyber criminals their five million dollar ransom, I have a feeling
this is an issue, cyber crime, that we will see over and over again now.

If Biden didn't pay it was probably because they weren't giving the big guy his 10%. You see how fast he got Ukraine their billion for following his orders. Burisma was giving the big guy his 10.

But since Joe paid off sophisticated cyber criminals their five million dollar ransom, I have a feeling
True... but because of what Moonglow is saying.
It is their fault. They skimp on security to save money.
And they are easily fooled by security system makers that convince you, you need these $100,000 security systems that are easily hackable.
The floppyfw is a great example that simple is usually better than complicated.
I worked in IT in the 90s. I quit in 2001 when the future of IT was written on the wall - no IT people at all. Remote servicing and remote servers. An open invitation to hackers.

Biden didn't pay Darkside.. Colonial Pipeline paid them in bitcoin.. Are you stupid or just an insane liar?

True... but because of what Moonglow is saying.
It is their fault. They skimp on security to save money.
And they are easily fooled by security system makers that convince you, you need these $100,000 security systems that are easily hackable.
The floppyfw is a great example that simple is usually better than complicated.
I worked in IT in the 90s. I quit in 2001 when the future of IT was written on the wall - no IT people at all. Remote servicing and remote servers. An open invitation to hackers.
Okay. If you want to put a good deal of credence in what one of the dumbest posters on these boards
says go ahead. :rolleyes:
That's Monday morning quarterbacking in action.

utter bull crap....where do you get all of your lies from?

Colonial's Insurance coverage paid for it....it was cheaper than the money the insurance company would have had to pay Colonial for a longer disruption.
Speaking of empty pipelines where do you get your inside information from?

Forum List

Back