Biden, July 8: ‘The Taliban Overrunning Everything and Owning the Whole Country Is Highly Unlikely.’

You're an idiot. The opportunists that stole money are gone. The people that are left are the ones that worked with us because they believed that Afghanistan could be a better country than it was under the Taliban. They didn't get rich doing what they did. They did it because they're good people.

Joe Biden didn't even bother to try and save them. Shame on him!

Okay, if you need to tell yourself that...

It's not our job to save them from their own countrymen.

Okay, if you need to tell yourself that...

It's not our job to save them from their own countrymen.
Actually it IS our job to do exactly that! Would you like me to pull up video of Joe Biden promising that he wouldn't abandon our allies in Afghanistan? Joe Biden's promises are about as substantial as a fart in a strong wind.

Actually it IS our job to do exactly that! Would you like me to pull up video of Joe Biden promising that he wouldn't abandon our allies in Afghanistan? Joe Biden's promises are about as substantial as a fart in a strong wind.

Hey, best of intentions doesn't obligate us.

We'll get some of the quislings out... and when they come to this country and cause trouble you'll be the first one to complain about them.

Why are the Taliban America's enemy? Why did Bush attack the Taliban?

Because the Taliban gave safe haven to al Qaeda, the terrorist group that attacked us on 9/11.

Does anyone think the soldiers and officers of the Afghan army give a rat's ass about that twenty years later?

Essentially, we trained and equipped the Afghan army to fight Afghans. Also, members of the Afghan army have more in common with the Taliban than they do with Americans.
President Biden today accepted responsibility for his decision regarding Afghanistan.

"I stand squarely behind my decision," a defiant Biden said.

While admitting to the chaos, which was expected, his plan seems to be working. No American has been killed, and the Taliban seem reluctant to engage U.S. troops, a wise decision on their part.

As the media and others heap criticism on President Biden for the chaos in Afghanistan, two essential factors are being overlooked.

If the Taliban had gradually taken over Afghanistan and had retaken Kandahar and Kabul in two months as expected, the results would have been the same as they are today. In the long run, the rapidity of the Taliban successes will be inconsequential.

The second factor is a military axiom. The enemy does not always do what you want him to do.

That seems rather obvious to the average observer, yet the media is beating up on Biden because they expected the Taliban to have those successes two or three months later, assuming we are leaving.

"Assuming we are leaving?"
Is that an issue to some? Which brings me around to the fact that many are critical of Biden, but they fail to explain the alternatives.

So, now I ask Biden's critics, what did Biden do wrong? What would you have had Biden do differently?

Now before one answers, consider this. So far the Afghan War has lasted 20 years. Little, if anything, has been accomplished. Over 6,000 Americans have been killed, troops and contractors. Over three times that were seriously wounded. So far the war has cost the American government two trillion dollars.

Is there anyone who wants to prolong this war? I ask Biden's critics again to answer the two questions above.

Two weeks from now, if the media allows it, Americans will have forgotten all about Afghanistan. We have our own very serious problems at home, not the least of which is the viral delta variant which is causing havoc, hospitalizations, and deaths.

Two weeks from now Americans will simply be happy the Afghan war is over.

Forum List

Back