Biden Admin Weeds Out White House Stoners

The only real solution is to remove Pot from Schedule I and let the States figure it out. At that point use isn't a federal issue when it comes to security clearances.

Drug use will always be a concern on security clearances, just like alcoholism is.

Alcoholism is more akin to drug abuse, not drug use. Plenty of people can and do use pot recreationally only.

Both can cause impairment and affect judgment. Tell the class where the cutoff is between recreational and habitual use.

So only straight edge people can be 100% trusted?

Caffeine can cause impairment and affect judgement, guess one cup of coffee a day makes you unemployable?

The cutoff is if you can use it without impacting your day to day life. I got plenty of friends who toke daily who lead perfectly normal and productive lives. Same as a person who has a scotch after work or before bed.

Sorry, I think people charged with the security of this nation should be held to a higher standard than Bill or Jenny down the block. Drug and alcohol use tends to increase when peoples jobs increase their stress levels.

Sorry, but I think enforcing teetotaling as a requirement for federal office or employment is overboard.

You don't like it, I get it. But others do and can function just fine while using them in moderation.

The others are the very ones I don't want entrusted with our nations secrets or foreign policy. They can work a job where it won't matter much if they FU.

That eliminates most of the population. You don't want impaired people working on machinery or operating vehicles more than you don't want them implementing policy.

So you don't mind impaired people making policy? Think about that. You must really love the policies set by xiden, a perfect example of an impaired person making policy.

The only real solution is to remove Pot from Schedule I and let the States figure it out. At that point use isn't a federal issue when it comes to security clearances.

Drug use will always be a concern on security clearances, just like alcoholism is.

Alcoholism is more akin to drug abuse, not drug use. Plenty of people can and do use pot recreationally only.

Both can cause impairment and affect judgment. Tell the class where the cutoff is between recreational and habitual use.

Caffeine can cause impairment and affect judgement, guess one cup of coffee a day makes you unemployable?

The cutoff is if you can use it without impacting your day to day life. I got plenty of friends who toke daily who lead perfectly normal and productive lives. Same as a person who has a scotch after work or before bed.

Look, the undeniable truth is fact....by and large it’s the poor, the ignorant, the young and unmotivated whom are smoking weed...it’s really no secret. Grown, productive, smart people who smoke don’t champion the lifestyle and can’t care less if it’s legal or not.

The REAL stoners:

homeless_group.jpg

The people stoners want you to think are stoners:
slider-businessman-dark-suit-1.png

Generally the federal government actions towards Cannabis/Hemp has been an overreaching and unconstitutional violation of everything our Constitution stands for. It was originally passed in smoke filled back room with party bosses. No input from the medical community, farmers, or practically any of the citizens their new "Prohibition Law" would effect. It was also a power grab by Congress. It took a Constitutional Amendment to prohibit Alcohol nation wide, but not with the Cannabis/Hemp plant and products.

The war on Americans who smoke pot(or engage in any type of non compliant recreational substance use) has been the whipping boy for both parties. It's been a winning strategy. Who's going to stand up for the "Druggies"?

Anyone who supports the Constitution, any so-called conservative, should be standing up for the druggies. We used to day, and some still say it while not really meaning it, I hate what you say (or do) but I'll fight to the death do defend your right to say (or do) it. Those are empty words today.
>Anyone who supports the Constitution, any so-called conservative, should be standing up for the druggies. We used to day, and some still say it while not really meaning it, I hate what you say (or do) but I'll fight to the death do defend your right to say (or do) it. Those are empty words today.

It's an interesting point, but some drugs are plain bad, like meth. Some can be used in moderation, and it is arguable whether or not occasional recreational use off the job is an issue - everyone has their own opinions, and not every job is the same.

Regarding constitutionality, it is completely constitutional to restrict behaviors that the citizens, via their legislatures, consider to be undesirable, unless it conflicts with a fundamental right like freedom of expression, assembly, religion, arms, and such.

You claiming religion or expression :)?

Meth is pretty much just a concentrated form of the drug your doctor gives you. Doctors are a large reason people get hooked on Meth.
> Meth is pretty much just a concentrated form of the drug your doctor gives you. Doctors are a large reason people get hooked on Meth.

While that is true of people moving to heroin after prescription opioid addiction, I have not heard the same about meth.

When I was on jury duty, we had more than one meth head brought in to testify. Some were in orange jumpsuits and chains. They were a physical and psychological mess. They discussed how meth quickly destroyed their lives, going from having a career and owning a home to a life of homelessness, prostitution, and other crimes.

It all started for them as one night of partying, with meth helping them stay up all night. 18 months later, they are in orange jumpsuits and chains, and testifying in a federal case.

There is zero chance that I would ever support legalization for drugs like meth.

Regards,
Jim

Do you support making paint and gasoline illegal? People use those for mind altering effects, as well.

You wouldn't mind sharing the constitutional authority for the Congress to make meth illegal, would you?
>Do you support making paint and gasoline illegal? People use those for mind altering effects, as well.
>You wouldn't mind sharing the constitutional authority for the Congress to make meth illegal, would you?

Hi, again. I have already covered this, and have nothing further to add, so please stop asking basically the same question over and over again with regard to Constitutional authority. I answered you. Sorry, if you are dissatisfied with my answer.

Just as you have distorted my position to the point of absurdity with a strawman argument, one could say that your position is that Congress does not have the power to make laws that ban anything, or the power to make most laws that they have already made and are enforced throughout our country currently. That's absurd, but I wonder if you might actually support that strawman.

Regards,
Jim

Last edited:
Well it seems the Ivory Tower Dems are saying....it's ok for me, and not for the rest of you.....another example of Orwell's Animal Farm coming true....some pigs are more equal then others.

i'm concerned with Biden's rhetoric. one minute he gives unifying happy talk like a saint, 2 seconds later he swears like a drunken Irish sailor...was his grandpa Eugene Finnegan Biden a drunken Irish sailor? that would explain a lot!

If you're stupid enough to volunteer that you smoke a little weed then you deserve to get fired.

Bingo. Employers don't want to hear that you are loaded on grass , particularly in writing when the applicant is applying for a gig in someplace like the WH.

The insurance company doesn't want to pay the claim if you get wasted on some bad ganja trip in the Oval Office and accidentally fall on the Red Nuclear button.

I'm surprised that modern young people couldn't figure this out for themselves. There is a reason that neither Cheech nor Chong were ever appointed to high office by previous libs.
There are things you just don't admit.

Like when your Dr asks you how much you drink or if there is a gun in your house
If you're stupid enough to volunteer that you smoke a little weed then you deserve to get fired.

If you're stupid enough to lie to the FBI about this, you deserve to be fired. Just ask General Flynn what happens when you lie to the FBI.
If they aren't making you piss in a cup then even the Feebs won't be able to prove anything

That's exactly the attitude that got these fools fired in the first place. Those who do not learn from their mistakes, are condemned to repeat them.
no they got fired because they were stupid and admitted they smoked weed voluntarily

The people who got fired weren't the ones who admitted to smoking weed. They're the ones who lied about it and their FBI security investigation revealled they were lying.

Kind of like when Democrats say that Bill Clinton was impeached over al blow job, and Republicans say "No. Clinton was impeached for perjury".

These people weren't fired for smoking weed. They were fired for LYING ON THEIR SECURITY CLEARANCE APPLICATIONS.

Bingo. Employers don't want to hear that you are loaded on grass , particularly in writing when the applicant is applying for a gig in someplace like the WH.

The insurance company doesn't want to pay the claim if you get wasted on some bad ganja trip in the Oval Office and accidentally fall on the Red Nuclear button.

I'm surprised that modern young people couldn't figure this out for themselves. There is a reason that neither Cheech nor Chong were ever appointed to high office by previous libs.

Like when your Dr asks you how much you drink or if there is a gun in your house

If you're stupid enough to lie to the FBI about this, you deserve to be fired. Just ask General Flynn what happens when you lie to the FBI.
If they aren't making you piss in a cup then even the Feebs won't be able to prove anything

That's exactly the attitude that got these fools fired in the first place. Those who do not learn from their mistakes, are condemned to repeat them.
no they got fired because they were stupid and admitted they smoked weed voluntarily

The people who got fired weren't the ones who admitted to smoking weed. They're the ones who lied about it and their FBI security investigation revealled they were lying.

Biden administration removes dozens of staffers from White House who admitted to using cannabis in states where it's legal despite telling them they would NOT be punished

Kind of like when Democrats say that Bill Clinton was impeached over al blow job, and Republicans say "No. Clinton was impeached for perjury".

These people weren't fired for smoking weed. They were fired for LYING ON THEIR SECURITY CLEARANCE APPLICATIONS.
>These people weren't fired for smoking weed. They were fired for LYING ON THEIR SECURITY CLEARANCE APPLICATIONS.

Are you speculating? Source please.

CNN (yes, I know it's often fake) says they were fired for voluntarily revealing their past drug use...

Biden administration removes dozens of staffers from White House who admitted to using cannabis in states where it's legal despite telling them they would NOT be punished

No it did not. The removed FIVE staffers:

They have been told to resign or they will be fired. All the same, you were wrong. They admitted to use.

You didn't even read the article did you?

>These people weren't fired for smoking weed. They were fired for LYING ON THEIR SECURITY CLEARANCE APPLICATIONS.

CNN (yes, I know it's often fake) says they were fired for voluntarily revealing their past drug use...

No, I'm not speculating. This is being reported on multiple outlets:

Exactly correct. Unless a person admits to being a grass head, there would be no way the FBI or anyone else would know that they were.

And since the staffers were so stupid, so dense , to realize that the correct answer was "no" to marijuana usage, they deserved fired.

What could these people have been thinking when they saw the question? That the WH offers free pot and they wanted to know how much to order?

It wasn't a trick

They have been told to resign or they will be fired. All the same, you were wrong. They admitted to use.

No, I didn't read your article. I WATCHED THE FUCKING PRESS CONFERENCE, YOU DOLT!!!

Exactly correct. Unless a person admits to being a grass head, there would be no way the FBI or anyone else would know that they were.

And since the staffers were so stupid, so dense , to realize that the correct answer was "no" to marijuana usage, they deserved fired.

What could these people have been thinking when they saw the question? That the WH offers free pot and they wanted to know how much to order?

It wasn't a trick

Either way there is no excuse for what the administration has done.

No, I didn't read your article. I WATCHED THE FUCKING PRESS CONFERENCE, YOU DOLT!!!

It wasn't my article. All the same you were wrong.

No, I'm not speculating. This is being reported on multiple outlets:

> No, I'm not speculating. This is being reported on multiple outlets:

Neither of those links support your claim that lied and were terminated as a result. My link says they were fired for voluntarily revealing past drug use that was apparently too excessive to be forgiven by the new, more lenient policy.

It appears you are speculating, or inferring something that you did not read at one of those links.

Regards,
Jim

Sorry, I think people charged with the security of this nation should be held to a higher standard than Bill or Jenny down the block. Drug and alcohol use tends to increase when peoples jobs increase their stress levels.

Sorry, but I think enforcing teetotaling as a requirement for federal office or employment is overboard.

You don't like it, I get it. But others do and can function just fine while using them in moderation.

The others are the very ones I don't want entrusted with our nations secrets or foreign policy. They can work a job where it won't matter much if they FU.

That eliminates most of the population. You don't want impaired people working on machinery or operating vehicles more than you don't want them implementing policy.

So you don't mind impaired people making policy? Think about that. You must really love the policies set by xiden, a perfect example of an impaired person making policy.

Your assumption that people in policy decision making jobs are smoking at work or during work hours. As a person who has used weed regularly for the past 20 years, I didn't ever go to work after smoking, or attempt to close transactions "under the influence".

This wrong headed notion that weed smokers are all "Cheech and Chong" type stoners, should remember that both Cheech and Chong have had very successful 50+ years careers in show business, as well as successful business interests outside of their stand-up comedy, recordings, song writing, voice-over roles, acting, singing, and dancing, that have earned both of them millions of dollars. Cheech is worth $30 million, and Chong $20 million. These "lazy stoners" could be retired, smoking weed by the pool but they're both still working. Tommy Chong appeared on Dancing With The Stars a few seasons back.

Smoking pot isn't like drinking. It isn't addictive, nor does it poison the body, or destroy your organs. One ounce - 28 grams of high quality pot lasts me 5 weeks. That's less than 1 gram per day - about 3/4 of a joint. It relieves my arthritis pain, providing me with more range of movement, letting me be more active and productive, and it relieves my insomnia, allowing me to sleep through the night, most nights.

Noted Hollywood "stoners", Brad Pitt and Matthew McConaughey are both acting, producing, running charities, raising families, doing commercials, winning Oscars, and are worth $300 million and $150 million each.

When you start listing the names of hardest working, and richest people people in the world, a surprisingly large number of smart, successful, and rich people, smoke pot.

How was I wrong? I posted the lastest articles from the legitimate press out there, including Forbes and NPR - both posted within the last 24 hours. Where is YOUR link? There was no link under your big blazing headline screaming that ". . . . dozens were fired".

How was I wrong? I posted the lastest articles from the legitimate press out there, including Forbes and NPR - both posted within the last 24 hours. Where is YOUR link? There was no link under your big blazing headline screaming that ". . . . dozens were fired".

None of your links backed your accusations. You said: " These people weren't fired for smoking weed. They were fired for LYING ON THEIR SECURITY CLEARANCE APPLICATIONS. ".

That is not true, you know it's not true but still continue.

Which enumerated power would give Congress the right to ban alcohol or marijuana?
Well the feds gave up on alcohol with the repeal of prohibition, and the commerce clause probably gives them the ability to declare drugs as part of schedule I, which controls the sale of the drugs.

Why, if the government had the authority to ban alcohol using the commerce clause, did they go to the trouble of two constitutional amendments?

There are those (perhaps you?) that believe the commerce clause give Congress complete power to regulate any thing that is traded, not just trade between the states and trade with other nations or tribes. That's a made up interpretation, made up, unconstitutionally, by the Supreme Court. There was most definitely no such intent when the Constitution was written.

And one of the best modern analyses is David Fortes' paper:

And another:

No; the Commerce Clause does not give the Government the authority to regulate drugs.

Forum List

Back