Best explanation yet for why the Confederate statues are falling.

, stupidity,
Everyone in the world isn't as smart as you. If, through guile, corruption, nepotism, cronyism, and fraud you use your superior intellect to dispossess your neighbors--take every single thing they have and leave them homeless and penniless and living under a bridge--is that ok? Is it really ok for economic predators "outsmart" their less sophisticated neighbors and strip them of everything through trickery. And should we really, then, blame the victims for their "stupidity"?

, stupidity,
Everyone in the world isn't as smart as you. If, through guile, corruption, nepotism, cronyism, and fraud you use your superior intellect to dispossess your neighbors--take every single thing they have and leave them homeless and penniless and living under a bridge--is that ok? Is it really ok for economic predators "outsmart" their less sophisticated neighbors and strip them of everything through trickery. And should we really, then, blame the victims for their "stupidity"?

You're correct, most are not as smart as me, that doesn't mean I have to pay for their shit. Maybe they should get off their asses and bring their IQ up (as I did) instead of hanging out on social media, partying, or working minimum wage bullshit jobs instead of trying to better ones lot in life.

For the record, if I "fleece" anyone it's corporate businesses who pay me for my services. That said, what the fuck is an "economic predator"? We have laws to protect the stupid from scam artists and tricky dicks; not that it's very hard to spot these dolts - so yea I do blame the victims a little bit. For example Wiener and others in the DNC fell for kiddy hacker phishing scams (seriously 13 years old's write that kind of crap); common sense in this day and age says never click links in emails and go to the original origin and go from there (aka Paypal email asking you to update your info? Go straight to Paypal), but I'll give a few sympathy points for them clearly not having a clue what they're doing. Regardless though, /I/ am not responsible to repay them for whatever losses they had because of it, nor would I be required to "reimburse" Debby down the street falling for a 401 inheritance phone scam. If John Doe blows his rent money buying lottery tickets and doesn't win, no one else is obligated to pay his rent; he made the choice, he took the risk, he deals with the consequences like an adult. If you fall for a scam, bummer, you'll have to deal with it.

We're not talking about folks who get scammed though, we're talking about people who make poor decisions; 90% of which are based entirely on "I want X now" - aka I want a car now, so I'll lease one for $300/m for 5 years, end up paying thousands more for the car, and it's resale value is shit - so then I compound the stupid by trading it in at 3years for like $4k toward another leased car. If I'd sucked it up for a year I could have bought a decent used car for a years worth of those payments ($3k ish) and not have a car payment to worry about fitting in my budget anymore. But no, the typical story is not only do I want a new car /now/, but I want a "fancy" car; I want something that's got leather seats or whatever bullshit so fuck my future, the years of sucking ass because I'm living pay check to pay check and could really use that $300/m for food or gas, I want it now.

Even better are these dumb shit spoiled fucks who blow hundreds on a new cellphone every year, or the ones that buy $100 purses so they can show off to their minimum wage co-workers, or the ones who absolutely /must/ have 2 bedrooms and would never "lower themselves" to having a roommate, etc. The list goes on and on. I'm not even going to get into the $60k worthless "liberal arts" degree half of the equation - fucking $30k will get you a management degree in 2 years, pays wayyyy better I'll tell ya.

You liberal bleeding hearts want to pretend that it's not their fault, they dinn do nuffin, but you ignore the moronic, selfish, mistakes they make and expect folks like /me/ who either a) didn't make those mistakes, or b) recovered and learned from them, to pay for the "learning process" they were not willing to do for themselves. Fuck that.

We have laws to protect the stupid from scam artists and tricky dicks; not that it's very hard to spot these dolts - so yea I do blame the victims a little bit.
Let's see, would those be the laws made by the lawmakers on whom the smart spend $9 million per day?

From what I can tell the uproar and removal of confederate symbols in this country has little to do with "Disrespecting" history and more to do with a long standing problem this country created for itself long ago. The civil war was primarily centered on releasing black slaves from bondage and accomplished this end at the cost of the most Americans to die in any war, anywhere.
Unfortunately the southern states did not much care for defeat and began the Jim Crow/Segregation era in which these monuments were created and established. The free black population has yet to integrate into it's new society and tends to live within the tribal mentality instilled in it for thousands of years, leading to the poverty and violence it complains about. No business wishes to invest in a community prone to theft, drugs, and violence which leads to no local employment and perpetuated poverty.
Regardless, I see no reason to celebrate men who tried to destroy my country in the first place.
It's a part of the country's history. Learn from it. Destroying monuments to make someone feel good is childish.

Except we don't have statues of Hitler or Satan with the excuse of "Hey just keep it up there and learn from it"

That's the dumbest excuse for keeping something around.

We have laws to protect the stupid from scam artists and tricky dicks; not that it's very hard to spot these dolts - so yea I do blame the victims a little bit.
Let's see, would those be the laws made by the lawmakers on whom the smart spend $9 million per day?

So you're saying your government is corrupt? Welcome to the reality the rest of us live with daily son. Has jack shit to do with folks falling for scams and whom is responsible for their mistakes. Find the scam artist criminal, charge them, and make them to pay restitution to their victims.

From what I can tell the uproar and removal of confederate symbols in this country has little to do with "Disrespecting" history and more to do with a long standing problem this country created for itself long ago. The civil war was primarily centered on releasing black slaves from bondage and accomplished this end at the cost of the most Americans to die in any war, anywhere.
Unfortunately the southern states did not much care for defeat and began the Jim Crow/Segregation era in which these monuments were created and established. The free black population has yet to integrate into it's new society and tends to live within the tribal mentality instilled in it for thousands of years, leading to the poverty and violence it complains about. No business wishes to invest in a community prone to theft, drugs, and violence which leads to no local employment and perpetuated poverty.
Regardless, I see no reason to celebrate men who tried to destroy my country in the first place.
It's a part of the country's history. Learn from it. Destroying monuments to make someone feel good is childish.

Except we don't have statues of Hitler or Satan with the excuse of "Hey just keep it up there and learn from it"

You know what's dumb? Comparing Hitler or Satan to a Confederate memorial. The Civil War is part of this nation's history. Knocking down statues, memorials and changing the names of places isn't going to change that. War is over, slavery is abolished....we've moved on. Well, everyone who isn't a childish liberal who is suddenly really, really, really angry at statues that no one has paid any attention to for 170 years.

You know what's dumb? Comparing Hitler or Satan to a Confederate memorial. The Civil War is part of this nation's history. Knocking down statues, memorials and changing the names of places isn't going to change that. War is over, slavery is abolished....we've moved on. Well, everyone who isn't a childish liberal who is suddenly really, really, really angry at statues that no one has paid any attention to for 170 years.
Okay....is it also dumb to compare lee to Washington?

Okay....is it also dumb to compare lee to Washington?
To what end?

Forum List

Back