Ben Carson claims he shielded white classmates from 1968 race riot

I don't know if Carson shielded classmates during the 1968 riots or not. The real point is that the leftist media was unable to do much damage with the West Point tale so they've moved on.

You gotta wonder why the bleep they don't simply attack his stand on the issues. Of course we know why. They'd have to muster some basic common sense arguments to do that. Instead they create controversy about stuff that he has or maybe hasn't done in the past. I'm reminded of Romney and the -family dog in the crate on the roof of the car- outrage and the -he was mean to some guy in high school- outrage.

It's pretty pathetic when petty BS is all you have to offer when you disagree with someone.

So your position is that the substance of the allegations are irrelevant as long as the denialists hold sway.
My position is, why say everything this guy says is false? It is very easy to allege something isn't true. I'm saying this is a distraction from the issues and is bullshit.

Did you give Barry Sorento as little slack when he was a want-to run, as you're giving Carson?

I'll give Carson the same slack the RWnuts like you gave President Obama.

Fair enough?

I don't know if Carson shielded classmates during the 1968 riots or not. The real point is that the leftist media was unable to do much damage with the West Point tale so they've moved on.

You gotta wonder why the bleep they don't simply attack his stand on the issues. Of course we know why. They'd have to muster some basic common sense arguments to do that. Instead they create controversy about stuff that he has or maybe hasn't done in the past. I'm reminded of Romney and the -family dog in the crate on the roof of the car- outrage and the -he was mean to some guy in high school- outrage.

It's pretty pathetic when petty BS is all you have to offer when you disagree with someone.

So your position is that the substance of the allegations are irrelevant as long as the denialists hold sway.
My position is, why say everything this guy says is false? It is very easy to allege something isn't true. I'm saying this is a distraction from the issues and is bullshit.

Did you give Barry Sorento as little slack when he was a want-to run, as you're giving Carson?

What does Obama have to do with whether or not Carson Gump was telling the truth about all these incidents of Valor that HE keeps bringing up to boost his Hero tale?

What stand on the issues? He sounds like a box of deranged NaziCon fortune cookies. He's the Brian Williams of politics.

Irrelevant ???

What stand on the issues? He sounds like a box of deranged NaziCon fortune cookies. He's the Brian Williams of politics.

Then he and Hillary won't be very different choices.

The Wall Street Journal is the "leftist media"......ok, you go with that.

So, let me get this straight. Rain Man claims he shielded white students - and years later he told a gunman who stuck a gun in ribs to get the clerk behind the counter. Damn, Brian Williams better up his game.

So, let me get this straight. Rain Man claims he shielded white students - and years later he told a gunman who stuck a gun in ribs to get the clerk behind the counter. Damn, Brian Williams better up his game.

Brian Williams is running for President ?

I'll bet Hillary is scared.

Fair enough?
That's not an answer. It's a kindergarden taunt. Yawn.

The Wall Street Journal is the "leftist media"......ok, you go with that.
You evidently don't have any actual comment on what I said so you nitpick about the Wall Street Journal's slant. Tedious.

What does Obama have to do with whether or not Carson Gump was telling the truth about all these incidents of Valor that HE keeps bringing up to boost his Hero tale?
Oh. You aren't able to grasp a compare and contrast with another candidate that told some whoppers of his own. I see.

You sound like an adolescent practicing his zingers.

Thata nothing. Carson saved 72 babies from a burning building here in 1899.

It’s getting hard to tell what’s up and what’s down these days with GOP candidate Ben Carson. In recent days, he’s come under scrutiny for claims he has made about his past that don’t seem to align with reality.

Now the Wall Street Journal has gone back to fact check a claim Carson made last month, in which he says he shielded white students from rioting after the assassination of civil rights leader Martin Luther King, Jr. in 1968. The Journal could find no evidence the event occurred.

“It may have happened, but I didn’t see it myself or hear about it,” Gregory Vartanian, a white high school classmate of Carson’s who was on ROTC with him and is now a retired U.S. Marshal, told the Journal.

In Carson’s account to the Journal last month, black students unleashed fury and grief over the slaying of King on white classmates at Detroit’s Southwestern High. As a junior, Carson had a key to the biology lab because he worked there part-time. Carson claimed he hid a few frightened white students inside to shield them from the unrest. He could not recall any of their names.

None of the half-dozen former classmates of Carson or his high school physics teacher could recall white students hiding from rioting the in the biology lab when interviewed by the Journal — though they all remembered the riot itself.

Barry Bennett, Carson’s campaign manager, told the Journal there was no evidence Carson’s claims aren’t true.

“There’s no facts saying they are not true. We are guilty until proven innocent,” he told the paper. “You have no reason to believe that they are not true. There’s no evidence to point to the fact that they are even questionable.”

More: Another Ben Carson tale implodes: No evidence supports claim he shielded white classmates from 1968 race riot

Sounds like Carson is playing the "prove a negative" game: He makes stuff up and leaves it to others to prove it didn't happen.

So he can't talk about anything he's done in his life unless he has it on video tape. Got it, Adolph

It’s getting hard to tell what’s up and what’s down these days with GOP candidate Ben Carson. In recent days, he’s come under scrutiny for claims he has made about his past that don’t seem to align with reality.

Now the Wall Street Journal has gone back to fact check a claim Carson made last month, in which he says he shielded white students from rioting after the assassination of civil rights leader Martin Luther King, Jr. in 1968. The Journal could find no evidence the event occurred.

“It may have happened, but I didn’t see it myself or hear about it,” Gregory Vartanian, a white high school classmate of Carson’s who was on ROTC with him and is now a retired U.S. Marshal, told the Journal.

In Carson’s account to the Journal last month, black students unleashed fury and grief over the slaying of King on white classmates at Detroit’s Southwestern High. As a junior, Carson had a key to the biology lab because he worked there part-time. Carson claimed he hid a few frightened white students inside to shield them from the unrest. He could not recall any of their names.

None of the half-dozen former classmates of Carson or his high school physics teacher could recall white students hiding from rioting the in the biology lab when interviewed by the Journal — though they all remembered the riot itself.

Barry Bennett, Carson’s campaign manager, told the Journal there was no evidence Carson’s claims aren’t true.

“There’s no facts saying they are not true. We are guilty until proven innocent,” he told the paper. “You have no reason to believe that they are not true. There’s no evidence to point to the fact that they are even questionable.”

More: Another Ben Carson tale implodes: No evidence supports claim he shielded white classmates from 1968 race riot

Sounds like Carson is playing the "prove a negative" game: He makes stuff up and leaves it to others to prove it didn't happen.

So he can't talk about anything he's done in his life unless he has it on video tape. Got it, Adolph

A witness or someone remembering one his stories would be helpful. People are suspicious because nobody remembers the incidents he tells stories about.

Fair enough?

That's not an answer. It's a kindergarden taunt. Yawn.

You lose. Your comical hypocrisy is proven.

Carson was actually the one who killed julius Ceasar. Have we forgoten the famous quote, "Et tu, Benius"

Forum List

Back