Be Wary The New Opinions Of The Entrenched Political Troll

toobfreak

Tungsten/Glass Member
Apr 29, 2017
On The Way Home To Earth
Rather new to this social media, I came on here to exchange ideas, opinions and information. Lots of great people! I don't always agree with everything they say but I respect their differences in views. But I've noticed that there is a certain cadre of people that no matter what they talk about, what you tell them, they always come back to the very same narrow conclusions! They have all their facts wrong, they call allegation fact while dismissing any facts you provide as allegation, even if it has years of solid documentation coming from unimpeachable sources behind it easily checked on the web! No matter what the argument, as soon as you prove them wrong, they just change the story to something else and start all over.

In some cases, IMO, this may be a sign of itinerant stupidity or mental illness, but worse, in other cases, it is a sign of professional trolls. They know they are wrong and put stuff out there just to goad people on. Amazingly, many of them do it flagrantly! Some people just need that to justify their relevancy in this world because they need the attention to supplant the lack of it in their real life. And the more you argue with them and respond to their goading, the happier they are.

What are some possible signs to look out for:

* Anyone whose avatar is a smarmy picture of Trump. Red Flag! Intellectually honest people tend to use an avatar that relates to their own life. They are already saying right up front that they are heavily biased against the guy and you probably cannot expect to get an honest, reasonable opinion from them on anything related to the guy. I mean, the guy just got into office! Meantime they have nothing to say about Hillary or Obama just out of office and still in the news with about 10,000 egregious things of known baggage they carry!

* Anyone whose account handle is some derogatory slur of Trump's name. Or they always refer to Trump with some derogatory slur of his name. Again, really a waste of time to read, let alone debate anything with them. They've made it clear in advance everything they are going to ever have to say on anything. As again, where is their similar outrage over all of the countless inequities of Obama, Hillary and their many associates? How is it that a guy just in office for days has so much consumed their lives? Especially when he has done so much good? Even if you think he is an ass in other ways, the guy is working hard to do many great things. At least he wears his asshat out in the open instead of hiding it and pretending to be something he is not.

* People who reply to anyone they disagree with only to call them rude names or even foul language as their ONLY REBUTTAL to your comment! These are people with absolutely nothing left to say and they think that if you don't see it their way, you must be dumber than a rock. They never address the topic at hand, but only to say that you the messenger are an idiot. Now, I've tried to resist this stuff and stay free and clear, but sometimes it is hard to do with the entrenched ignorance and intransigence of some of these people! But if you lose your cool, at least I try to do it with some facts to back it up.

Obviously, some of these people are utterly brainwashed from the likes of media outlets like MSNBC and CNN. They grew up in the city where everyone around them was trained in group-think, and they don't even want to know the other side or that they could be wrong! There is an obvious angry tone in their voice and they take it very PERSONAL that you disagree with them! Like politics was actually their life. These are very, very angry people and their posts always carry disdain and hate for whomever they speak. They literally cannot stand that you even take up air on planet Earth!

But in some cases, I think it is even more. I think that in about maybe a dozen cases, some of these people are on here with a deliberate agenda, paid by the democrats. They work off the edicts of Saul Alinsky's Rules For Radicals and it is a known fact that democrats hire paid spies to not only go out to hear what people think, but to try to persuade opinion. Pay particular attention to Saul's Rule #13 and it explains a great deal of what a lot of these people say about Trump! They work off the precept that if you keep repeating a lie long enough, eventually it will be believed as fact.

So far, I have blocked two people as utterly not worth even reading, much less responding to anything they say. I won't name names as it is pretty obvious to any reasonable person who some of these people are. If they are not outright trolls working paid or voluntarily from some media outlet, part of the "Resistance," (some actually plainly advertise that they are!), then they are just dumber than a box of shoes (or both), and the less you even dignify their baloney with a response the better. For now on, I won't even bother replying to a person unless I feel there is at least some hope of getting through to them with my point being heard even if not agreed with, some sense of actual balanced give and take, or if they are so wrong, they occasionally need called out on the rug for their blatant lies. Life is too short to bother with hired trolls.

Last edited:
Rather new to this social media, I came on here to exchange ideas, opinions and information. Lots of great people! I don't always agree with everything they say but I respect their differences in views. But I've noticed that there is a certain cadre of people that no matter what they talk about, what you tell them, they always come back to the very same narrow conclusions! They have all their facts wrong, they call allegation fact while dismissing any facts you provide as allegation, even if it has years of solid documentation coming from unimpeachable sources behind it easily checked on the web! No matter what the argument, as soon as you prove them wrong, they just change the story to something else and start all over.

In some cases, IMO, this may be a sign of itinerant stupidity or mental illness, but worse, in other cases, it is a sign of professional trolls. They know they are wrong and put stuff out there just to goad people on. Amazingly, many of them do it flagrantly! Some people just need that to justify their relevancy in this world because they need the attention to supplant the lack of it in their real life. And the more you argue with them and respond to their goading, the happier they are.

* Anyone whose avatar is a smarmy picture of Trump. Red Flag! They are already saying right up front that they are heavily biased against the guy and you probably cannot expect to get an honest, reasonable opinion from them on anything related to the guy. I mean, the guy just got into office! Meantime they have nothing to say about Hillary or Obama just out of office and still in the news with about 10,000 egregious things of known baggage they carry!

* Anyone whose account handle is some derogatory slur of Trump's name. Or they always refer to Trump with some derogatory slur of his name. Again, really a waste of time to read, let alone debate anything with them. They've made it clear in advance everything they are going to ever have to say on anything. As again, where is their similar outrage over all of the countless inequities of Obama, Hillary and their many associates? How is it that a guy just in office for days has so much consumed their lives? Especially when he has done so much good? Even if you think he is an ass in other ways, the guy is working hard to do many great things. At least he wears his asshat out in the open instead of hiding it and pretending to be something he is not.

* People who reply to anyone they disagree with only to call them rude names or even foul language as their ONLY REBUTTAL to your comment! These are people with absolutely nothing left to say and they think that if you don't see it their way, you must be dumber than a rock. They never address the topic only to say that you the messenger are an idiot. Now, I've tried to resist this stuff and stay free and clear, but sometimes it is hard to do with the entrenched ignorance and intransigence of some of these people! But if you lose your cool, at least I try to do it with some facts to back it up.

Obviously, some of these people are utterly brainwashed from the likes of media outlets like MSNBC and CNN. They grew up in the city where everyone around them was trained in group-think, and they don't even want to know the other side or that they could be wrong! There is an obvious angry tone in their voice and they take it very PERSONAL that you disagree with them! Like politics was actually their life. These are very, very angry people and their posts always carry disdain and hate for whomever they speak. They literally cannot stand that you even take up air on planet Earth!

But in some cases, I think it is even more. I think that in about maybe a dozen cases, some of these people are on here with a deliberate agenda, paid by the democrats. They work off the edicts of Saul Alinsky's Rules For Radicals and it is a known fact that democrats hire paid spies to not only go out to hear what people think, but to try to persuade opinion. Pay particular attention to Saul's Rule #13 and it explains a great deal of what a lot of these people say about Trump! They work off the precept that if you keep repeating a lie long enough, eventually it will be believed as fact.

So far, I have blocked two people as utterly not worth even reading, much less responding to anything they say. I won't name names as it is pretty obvious to any reasonable person who some of these people are. If they are not outright trolls working paid or voluntarily from some media outlet, part of the "Resistance," (some actually plainly advertise that they are!), then they are just dumber than a box of shoes (or both), and the less you even dignify their baloney with a response the better. For now on, I won't even bother replying to a person unless I feel there is at least some hope of getting through to them with my point being heard even if not agreed with, some sense of actual balanced give and take, or if they are so wrong, they occasionally need called out on the rug for their blatant lies. Life is too short to bother with hired trolls.
Tissue or butt hurt cream? Both are available at the USMB concession counter.

* Anyone whose avatar is a smarmy picture of Trump. Red Flag! Intellectually honest people tend to use an avatar that relates to their own life. They are already saying right up front that they are heavily biased against the guy and you probably cannot expect to get an honest, reasonable opinion from them on anything related to the guy. I mean, the guy just got into office! Meantime they have nothing to say about Hillary or Obama just out of office and still in the news with about 10,000 egregious things of known baggage they carry!

* People who reply to anyone they disagree with only to call them rude names or even foul language as their ONLY REBUTTAL to your comment! These are people with absolutely nothing left to say and they think that if you don't see it their way, you must be dumber than a rock. They never address the topic at hand, but only to say that you the messenger are an idiot. Now, I've tried to resist this stuff and stay free and clear, but sometimes it is hard to do with the entrenched ignorance and intransigence of some of these people! But if you lose your cool, at least I try to do it with some facts to back it up.

I know what you mean. It was not long ago that these professional trolls demanded that if Obamacare passed we could keep our health coverage and the rates would not go up. They posted web page after web page and even used the CBO to back up what they were saying.

Liars.

Now they want a single payer system cuz Obamacare that they sold to us all is just so damn wonderful.

What you've described is more or less why I stopped bothering. I mostly lurk now because that sort of person is what you most commonly encounter.

EDIT: Oh, and I'm a bit late, but welcome to the forum. Not everyone is an awful person or a troll, so just keep that in mind.

Last edited:
Anyone that's been here a while knows that's a two-way street.

I feel sorry for the American voter. It either dawns on them that they have no one to turn to and vote for or they think their party is still the answer.

Either way they are screwed.

Anyone that's been here a while knows that's a two-way street.

I feel sorry for the American voter. It either dawns on them that they have no one to turn to and vote for or they think their party is still the answer.

Either way they are screwed.

Gosh, that's so depressing. I still have hope, though.

Talking about "politics" on a forum like this is really just a waste of time. People are not reasonable and they are not going to be swayed from their opinions. Why should they? We all have our illusions, and god damn anyone who dares to shatter them! :rofl:

I come here for one reason- to irritate LWNJ's.

I am drinking a big frothy cup of schadenfreude. It's delicious!!

I know what you mean. It was not long ago that these professional trolls demanded that if Obamacare passed we could keep our health coverage and the rates would not go up. They posted web page after web page and even used the CBO to back up what they were saying.
Liars.
Now they want a single payer system cuz Obamacare that they sold to us all is just so damn wonderful.

Well, single payer may be inevitable, we shall see. I'm betting that none of those people ever came back to admit they were wrong though; just move on to the next agenda to push. Now I see a few ranting against Trump for trying to replace Obamacare that instead he should just try to FIX it!

Liars.

Your healthcare system will always be fucked up and the shittiest, most expensive, least efficient healthcare system on the plant among advanced post industrial nations, as it was pre/during/post "Obama"HertitageFoundationCare, so long as it is a for profit system with insurance companies whose only fealty is to Wall Street.

Accept what you advocate for. Own it.

Liars.

Well, single payer may be inevitable, we shall see. I'm betting that none of those people ever came back to admit they were wrong though; just move on to the next agenda to push. Now I see a few ranting against Trump for trying to replace Obamacare that instead he should just try to FIX it!

" I'm betting that none of those people ever came back to admit they were wrong though; just move on to the next agenda to push."

Like the for profiteers do.

^ Snowflake whine of the year. Jesus Christ.

Yet another ad hominem.

Yet another ad hominem.
Yet another nonresponse.

Forum List

Back