Baseball Record Book to recognize Negro League Players

Look for HOF players Satchell Paige and Josh Gibson to shoot up in the record books

Well that's nice. Seeing as how you care so much for them, maybe you could ask them to stop shooting up record numbers of other blacks in Chicago.

I'm sure they'll listen to you, because you're "cool" for a white guy.
Please Go Fuck Yourself immediately

Look for HOF players Satchell Paige and Josh Gibson to shoot up in the record books

JoshGibson.jpg

SatchelPaige.jpg

That Chicago guy finnaly did it, I was reading about him a few years ago busting his ass to get the stats off of long lost newspaper's in every city

Well that's nice. Seeing as how you care so much for them, maybe you could ask them to stop shooting up record numbers of other blacks in Chicago.

Interesting off topic comment.

As a white man and a baseball fan,I wonder what kind of reception I would receive wearing this jacket into a Kentucky Fried Chicken shack.

See the source image

Curious to see if this actually impacts higher level records or just ones in the upper middle.

Did the Negro leagues play the same # of games as the two others leagues during the split period?

Maybe that was a little too "edgy." Post deleted.

Maybe that was a little too "edgy." Post deleted.
Seriously
Please Eat Shit and Die

As a white man and a baseball fan,I wonder what kind of reception I would receive wearing this jacket into a Kentucky Fried Chicken shack.

See the source image

Probably wouldn't work out too well for you.

The White Jackie Robinson was Eddie Klep, who was the first honky signed to a Negro League contract.

He wasn't allowed to eat with his African American teammates, and Liberal Police Chief Bull Conner ordered him off the field in Alabama.

And unlike Jackie Robinson, he never got endorsement deals or became rich and famous.

See the source image

Probably wouldn't work out too well for you.

The White Jackie Robinson was Eddie Klep, who was the first honky signed to a Negro League contract.

He wasn't allowed to eat with his African American teammates, and Liberal Police Chief Bull Conner ordered him off the field in Alabama.

And unlike Jackie Robinson, he never got endorsement deals or became rich and famous.

Interesting

Reading the Wikipaedia history of Negro professional baseball leads one to the conclusion that this decision by MLB is a travesty. At its best, it was nothing more than a forum for exhibition games, allowing a few thousand (over several decades) Black ballplayers to make a living playing the game they likely loved.

While there were no doubt several outstanding players who could have made their mark in the Majors in a different world, the vast majority of the players were barely minor league level players, so to count their "records" as equivalent to similar statistical performance in MLB is preposterous. Yet this is exactly what MLB has decided to do.

Similar things are being done in the arts, as various Black artists, composers, and writers are having their work exalted as though it were on a par with the best work of "white" artists who were their contemporaries. Balderdash.

The inmates are running the asylums.

Forum List

Back