Banning words on campus

I've not mentioned religion but religion is voluntary and religion should have all the control that it wants on its religious adherents Moonglow . Nanny State [big mom] enforces rules at the point of a gun though . Also , I think that 'the Doctor' might be correct . I did look at the link after his post and I think that the whole speech regulation thing is voluntary . Course , I think that it was taxpayer money used to promote this political correctness , voluntary speech regulation thing so I still see the whole thing as inappropriate .

When in the USA have you had complete and utter freedom? I have never seen it occur...If it isn't institutionalization it is the law of nature which afflicts freedom...Also to mention religion in govt....it has a problem with censorship of others and denies freedom also...

As I was growing up, we had pretty damned close to complete freedom. It diminished year by year, until the Obama age, where liberty is virtually gone.

When in the USA have you had complete and utter freedom? I have never seen it occur...If it isn't institutionalization it is the law of nature which afflicts freedom...Also to mention religion in govt....it has a problem with censorship of others and denies freedom also...

As I was growing up, we had pretty damned close to complete freedom. It diminished year by year, until the Obama age, where liberty is virtually gone.
eh, it started long before Oblama, it started under Reagan.....You couldn't even tell a Pollack joke then....

Stalin was the Koch families best employer....

You may blatantly lie - but at least when you do, it's astoundingly stupid. :thup:

You are a credit to progressives...
It's no lie, Mr. Koch developed fracking, but he was not getting any business in the USA, so he went to the oil fields in the USSR and started making money....I hold no grudge...It was smart move..

eh, it started long before Oblama, it started under Reagan.....You couldn't even tell a Pollack joke then....

It started under Johnson, accelerated rapidly under Carter - the loss of liberty stopped and even reversed slightly under Reagan, and exploded under Obama - to the point that the the democratic party is openly engaged in a war to end civil liberties.

It's no lie, Mr. Koch developed fracking,

So fracking helped Joseph Stalin?

I thought there were claims that abuse of marijuana did NOT cause brain damage?

but he was not getting any business in the USA, so he went to the oil fields in the USSR and started making money....I hold no grudge...It was smart move..

Do you grasp when it was that Stalin lived?

Do you think fracking has HELPED the Russians?

David-Simonds-cartoon-on--012.jpg

Are there any brain cells left in your pot addled mind?

It started under Johnson, accelerated rapidly under Carter - the loss of liberty stopped and even reversed slightly under Reagan, and exploded under Obama - to the point that the the democratic party is openly engaged in a war to end civil liberties.
I had no problem telling Pollack jokes before Reagan, but it has diminished..Not that you can't say them at home..
Other people at the receiving end didn't like them...

and I do think that the loss of Freedom started earlier , much earlier than mrobama . First thing I remember was the LAW that made motorcycle helmets 'mandatory' . That was in 1964 in my state and might have been earlier in other states , I don't know . Same thing with gun regulation which didn't really get serious until 'about' 1964 [I think] . Thing is though that these days everyone seems ready and willing to Accept laws , rules and regulation if they think that the new rules will make them SAFER . My attitude was always the attitude that helmet laws , gun laws , seat belt laws , peanut regulation , smoking laws were no one business but mine . The younger people / generations are just a more submissive herd of sheep even in their thinking . Just my opinion .

It's no lie, Mr. Koch developed fracking,

So fracking helped Joseph Stalin?

I thought there were claims that abuse of marijuana did NOT cause brain damage?

but he was not getting any business in the USA, so he went to the oil fields in the USSR and started making money....I hold no grudge...It was smart move..

Do you grasp when it was that Stalin lived?

Do you think fracking has HELPED the Russians?

David-Simonds-cartoon-on--012.jpg

Are there any brain cells left in your pot addled mind?
I am well aware of when Stalin lived...I am speaking of the current Koch brothers grandpa......

actually the gun laws started to be intrusive in 1934 I think .

Course , I think that it was taxpayer money used to promote this political correctness , voluntary speech regulation thing so I still see the whole thing as inappropriate .

I don't know how much attention will be given, if it just an advisory ad campaign.

still , no ones business and if taxpayer money was used to promote then that's twice as bad . Just my opinion . As I said earlier , its the younger people that will that pay the consequences of more regulation , rules , laws and suggestions .

I like how they slipped illegal alien into the mix. That shows just how political these campus admins are nowadays.

No words are being banned, but by the same token, pressure is being put on students to conform to the orthodoxy.

Considering that this same university allows absolutely repulsive levels of antisemitism as long as it arises from Islamic or Pro-Palestinian students, the concern here isn't at all with creating a hate free campus, or in raising awareness, but in controlling the way thoughts can be expressed. Targeting certain minorities is o.k., but slipping up and using a word not considered p.c. is not.

Forum List

Back