bank collapses after donating millions to blm

horselightning

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2013
Over 300 big corporations signed onto their scam. There is a list of them somewhere, don't remember where.

I think that California bank collapsed because its Directors were told to get ready to soon shell out $5 000 000 x N (where 'N' is a very large but not yet known number) in 'Reparations'. They collapsed, causing their bank to collapse.

Or maybe they just quickly moved all the bank's money to Switzerland.

All wise California residents, take note. Go and do thou likewise while there's still time.

I don't know what it's like now, but back in the Dark Ages, whenever I crossed the California border coming in, we were (nominally) searched for Florida oranges, which the California ag-business guys had convinced the gullible legislature, were crawling with deadly viruses.

Now they'll be searching people trying to get out, confiscating their silverware, etc for 'Reparations'. (Which, you can be sure, won't "Repair" anything. Just the opposite, in fact.)

Being a charitable fellow, I hereby volunteer to look after the money of all California liberals, before it gets seized for 'Reparations'. Don't trust those sneaky Swiss. (They're cowards too: imagine staying out of all the great wars in Europe for the last few centuries. What's wrong with them?)

Get in touch with me now and I'll tell you where to send it.

Like all banks, they borrowed short term money to buy long terms assets like warrants and bonds. They didn't do due diligence and keep the proper reserves, and when the startups cash flow and deposits declined, they failed. It isn't rocket science, just another example of poor management and bad gambling, same reasons every other crash has been caused by, high debts over-leveraged by evaporating 'equity'.

Teabaggers grasping at straws ................Again.
$73 million donated 3 years ago caused a bank with over $200 billion in assets to fail, 3 years later?
You gullible idiots, believe ANYTHING................Except the truth.

That bank donating a few millions to the millionaire who runs BLM was probably a smart business move. She's got contacts in the California legislature, she controls lots of votes ... so of course you want to keep those regulators sweet. Hey, that's capitalism!

We've seen that all the big corporations have to do is to pay off some of the Race Hustlers, make a few 'Woke' gestures ... and the gullible Lefties suddenly start loving capitalism! Those capitalists are smart!

That bank donating a few millions to the millionaire who runs BLM was probably a smart business move. She's got contacts in the California legislature, she controls lots of votes ... so of course you want to keep those regulators sweet. Hey, that's capitalism!

We've seen that all the big corporations have to do is to pay off some of the Race Hustlers, make a few 'Woke' gestures ... and the gullible Lefties suddenly start loving capitalism! Those capitalists are smart!
Yep it’s called crony Capitalism. The Lefties shake them down, call them evil, and racist. The ones that pay up get a dispensation; maybe even a woke sticker. Small businesses don’t have the funds to play the game so they just get lumped into as big evil racist corporations.

I think that California bank collapsed because its Directors were told to get ready to soon shell out $5 000 000 x N (where 'N' is a very large but not yet known number) in 'Reparations'. They collapsed, causing their bank to collapse.

All wise California residents, take note. Go and do thou likewise while there's still time.

I don't know what it's like now, but back in the Dark Ages, whenever I crossed the California border coming in, we were (nominally) searched for Florida oranges, which the California ag-business guys had convinced the gullible legislature, were crawling with deadly viruses.

Now they'll be searching people trying to get out, confiscating their silverware, etc for 'Reparations'. (Which, you can be sure, won't "Repair" anything. Just the opposite, in fact.)

Being a charitable fellow, I hereby volunteer to look after the money of all California liberals, before it gets seized for 'Reparations'. Don't trust those sneaky Swiss. (They're cowards too: imagine staying out of all the great wars in Europe for the last few centuries. What's wrong with them?)

Get in touch with me now and I'll tell you where to send it.

Wow, Fake Hippy Doug, tell us again how you marched for civil rights, that one never gets old.

SVB collapsed because Trump revised Dodd-Frank in a way that a bank could claim it was too small to be regulated in 2018.

The 2018 revisions of Dodd-Frank, formally known as the Economic Growth, Regulatory Relief and Consumer Protection Act, maintained stringent oversight for the largest banks but eased regulations for smaller and midsized banks. Whereas the original Dodd-Frank law mandated stricter capital and liquidity standards for institutions with $50 billion in assets, the rewrite raised the minimum for such requirements to those with at least $250 billion in assets. The bill passed with the support of all but one Republican and of 33 Democrats in the House and all Republicans and 17 Democrats in the Senate.

Silicon Valley Bank CEO Greg Becker was among those who sought lighter regulations for smaller banks as the rollback bill was being crafted. At the time the bill was passed, Silicon Valley Bank had about $40 billion in assets. That had grown to $212 billion by the time the bank crumbled, but that still would have shielded the bank from many key regulations, including standards for how much capital the bank kept on hand (keeping more capital allows banks to fulfill depositor withdrawals in a crisis) and for liquidity (more liquid holdings enable banks to quickly convert value into cash if needed
).

See above, Fake Hippy Doug. Had nothing to do with "Woke" and more to do with lax regulation after 2018 combined with over-reliance on the volatile tech sector.

See above, Fake Hippy Doug. Had nothing to do with "Woke" and more to do with lax regulation after 2018 combined with over-reliance on the volatile tech sector.
If Democrats feel that strongly that backs need more regulation, how come it has been more than 2 years since they took power yet did nothing yet within hours of Biden taking office, executive orders were being signed to undo some of the de-regulations Trump had done for the oil and gas industry?

Over 300 big corporations signed onto their scam. There is a list of them somewhere, don't remember where.

I remember Amazon, Walmart, and a bunch of others because when they were promoting burn loot murder publicly I stopped shopping at them. I didn't go back until they took off BLM flags on their sites, commercials involving them and such. I went into lowes to buy some baseboard and saw a employee with a BLM mask on and I told the manager why I was going to home Depot instead on the way out the door.

Any company that pushes social agendas I want nothing to do with and won't give them a penny.

Fuck BLM.

Yep it’s called crony Capitalism. The Lefties shake them down, call them evil, and racist. The ones that pay up get a dispensation; maybe even a woke sticker. Small businesses don’t have the funds to play the game so they just get lumped into as big evil racist corporations.
They have a bunch of stupid Woke activists on their board, plus that homosexual Barney Frank who caused the 2008 financial crash. So yeah, this leftwing stuff hasn't helped them stay in business.

lol lol supporting lieing theveing terrorist dosent help anyone

If Democrats feel that strongly that backs need more regulation, how come it has been more than 2 years since they took power yet did nothing yet within hours of Biden taking office, executive orders were being signed to undo some of the de-regulations Trump had done for the oil and gas industry?

And you'd be screaming bloody murder if they had.

Now you will probably see them do exactly that, and you'll scream bloody murder anyway.

Forum List

Back