Banacek

harmonica

Diamond Member
Sep 1, 2017
..Banacek ran from 1972 to 1974 in the rotating NBC Mystery Movie
..well, I like George Peppard--but I don't think he's the best actor.....in Banacek .he's an insurance investigator [ with Polish ancestry ] that investigates and retrieves stolen ''items'' or people ......the way the crimes are committed are sometimes very clever---and they reveal how they were done at the end of the shows
..but there's are a lot of repetitious themes in a lot of the shows ......such as his driver always giving his idea of how the crime was committed - but Banacek always points out how idiotic they are
..and Peppard has a one dimensional character ....
...dialogue is also repetitious ....
...he always has some very dumb Polish proverb
..there's usually another insurance investigator, from the main company, that has a history of losing to Banacek ...they are always mad at Banacek
...good for nostalgia, but I rate it a 3 out of 10

Last edited:
..well, I like George Peppard--but I don't think he's the best actor.....in Banacek .he's an insurance investigator [ with Polish ancestry ] that investigates and retrieves stolen ''items'' or people ......the way the crimes are committed are sometimes very clever---and they reveal how they were done at the end of the shows
..but there's are a lot of repetitious themes in a lot of the shows ......such as his driver always giving his idea of how the crime was committed - but Banacek always points out how idiotic they are
..there's usually another insurance investigator, from the main company, that has a history of losing to Banacek ...they are always mad at Banacek
Was he in rotation with the Columbo, McMillan and Wife, and McCloud TV movies??? Seems that is what I remember.

I thought the premise was good. Crimes that looked impossible. Some episodes were better then others. With modern CGI and better equipment for making films, perhaps today a remake can be made.

I thought the premise was good. Crimes that looked impossible. Some episodes were better then others. With modern CGI and better equipment for making films, perhaps today a remake can be made.
yes, I change my grade to 5 out of 10.....yes, like I said, the crimes are well done

Forum List

Back