Ballet

ChrisL

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2014
Wherever the wild things are!!
I love ballet and had taken some ballet as a child and briefly as a teen. I wish I had gotten more involved in it because it is one of the most beautiful artistic forms of dance IMO. I thought it would be interesting to post pictures of favorite ballerinas and ballets.

Here is Svetlana Zakharova. She is a Russian prima ballerina. I don't think anyone can match her in flexibility and poise. She also has an incredible stage presence. A strong and powerful dancer. Look how beautifully she displays the human form and spirit through her dance. :smile: She is just gorgeous! She is 35 years old and, as far as I know, still dancing!

10897a86d103fbf269450d05526c5853.jpg

Gosh, so beautiful. I would post the whole performance, but it's very long, and I know that most will not watch, so sticking to short clips is probably better. :) Enjoy this piece of Svetlana in Swan Lake.

I love ballet and had taken some ballet as a child and briefly as a teen. I wish I had gotten more involved in it because it is one of the most beautiful artistic forms of dance IMO. I thought it would be interesting to post pictures of favorite ballerinas and ballets.

Here is Svetlana Zakharova. She is a Russian prima ballerina. I don't think anyone can match her in flexibility and poise. She also has an incredible stage presence. A strong and powerful dancer. Look how beautifully she displays the human form and spirit through her dance. :smile: She is just gorgeous! She is 35 years old and, as far as I know, still dancing!

10897a86d103fbf269450d05526c5853.jpg

I had a manager I worked for quit to pursue her dream of becoming a ballerina once.

She always had impeccable posture, as I recall. lol

I had a manager I worked for quit to pursue her dream of becoming a ballerina once.

She always had impeccable posture, as I recall. lol

Lol! You probably hate ballet, but here's one even YOU will recognize! :biggrin: The Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy from the Nutcracker with Natalia Arkhipova!

My late mother was big into the "arts" in Cincinnati an did a lot of volunteer work for various organizations including the local theater (named the Playhouse in the Park) She often threw parties at such locations and when I was in grade and HS I often ended up being dragged off to such gatherings. When I was a a grade school kid (IIRC) one of the guests at one of these gatherings was a local dancer who had made it to the big time-Suzanne Farrell-and she was there to give a brief performance and meet with patrons of the ballet. She was the most beautiful woman I had ever seen in person at that point. what amazing grace. In the last few years, she has come back to Cincinnati and while she is many years past dancing, she is still incredibly graceful

far0-012.jpg

My late mother was big into the "arts" in Cincinnati an did a lot of volunteer work for various organizations including the local theater (named the Playhouse in the Park) She often threw parties at such locations and when I was in grade and HS I often ended up being dragged off to such gatherings. When I was a a grade school kid (IIRC) one of the guests at one of these gatherings was a local dancer who had made it to the big time-Suzanne Farrell-and she was there to give a brief performance and meet with patrons of the ballet. She was the most beautiful woman I had ever seen in person at that point. what amazing grace. In the last few years, she has come back to Cincinnati and while she is many years past dancing, she is still incredibly graceful

far0-012.jpg

I think this is her here TD! She is lovely!

Ballet bores me to death darling.....

But I do respect op's opinion.

far0-012.jpg

far0-012.jpg

she was "Balanchine's muse" apparently he got a bit torqued out when she married a dancer rather than be seduced by him!! but he put her ins some great roles

me too but ballerinas are mighty fine. I know, my first lover was one and while the end of college meant the end of that relationship, we still are close friends and her husband ended up being in my wedding. The grace ladies get from that art almost never leaves them

me too but ballerinas are mighty fine. I know, my first lover was one and while the end of college meant the end of that relationship, we still are close friends and her husband ended up being in my wedding. The grace ladies get from that art almost never leaves them

That's only because you don't watch the whole thing. :biggrin: If you did, you would love it!

Here's another with Suzanne. :D Now that is what I would call some sensual ballet dancing!

Ballet is a very exacting and demanding discipline.

I've seen Swan Lake a number of times. The first half is boring, the second half is some tripped out shit. :thup:

Yes it is. People don't realize the YEARS of training and dedication it takes to become a prima ballerina and to develop that level of flexibility and artistic skill. The professionals make it look so easy. Lol.

It's so nice that you appreciate it! :smile:

Forum List

Back