Bad news Republicans....gas price down 13 cents from a year ago

:lmao: .13 cents....!!!!! :lmao:

Holy shit this should be in humor section.... damn Chris, I truly thought you were joking, but you are serious.

Thats fuggin scary :eusa_eh:

Gas prices continued their slide today, with the average price of a gallon of regular gas at $3.83, down 4 cents from a week ago, according to the Department of Energy. This price is also down 13 cents from a year ago.

The most expensive gas in the country is on the West Coast, where the average price for a gallon of regular is $4.12.

The least expensive gas is on the Gulf Coast, with the average price for a gallon of regular at $3.69.

Gas Prices Down 4 Cents a Gallon - ABC News

You're grasping for straws right now. You are scared shitless.:lol:

So long as gas prices do not swell to well over $4, the effect on the election will be negligible. Now if prices soared to $4.50 or more, that could change things. But the fact is that most people have gotten used to gas prices where they are. If they stabilize at this level, nobody will really be able to use them as political fodder.

That is good news of course it was around $1.80 a gallon when Obama was sworn in and there is a reasonable chance the price will start back up when the summer driving season get's into full swing we'll see.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

It was 1.80 a gallon because Bush destroyed the world economy.

Next.

Typical stupid partisan response. The price of gas had been on steady decline before that happened and it has been on a steady increase from the day Obama was sworn in which is almost 3 1/2 years now.

Gas prices continued their slide today, with the average price of a gallon of regular gas at $3.83, down 4 cents from a week ago, according to the Department of Energy. This price is also down 13 cents from a year ago.

The most expensive gas in the country is on the West Coast, where the average price for a gallon of regular is $4.12.

The least expensive gas is on the Gulf Coast, with the average price for a gallon of regular at $3.69.

So long as gas prices do not swell to well over $4, the effect on the election will be negligible. Now if prices soared to $4.50 or more, that could change things. But the fact is that most people have gotten used to gas prices where they are. If they stabilize at this level, nobody will really be able to use them as political fodder.
I have yet to see anyone used to prices at this level.

I'll bet if you ask 10k Americans in a poll, if they are used to prices at this level, you'll get a resounding no.

However, most Americans know they cannot do anything about these prices and are resigned to the fact that they will simply have to keep cutting their economic activity until such time as the prices lower or someone who understands economies is elected into all three branches of government AND are willing to do what is right, rather than what gets them reelected.

I'm sorry, Chris. At 10:30 or so pm on 4/30/12 the price in Chicago was:

Chicago Gas Prices - Find Cheap Gas Prices in Illinois

Chicago Avg

and rising.

I own a business that relies on gas. I'm (reluctantly) a registered Republican. Lower gas prices is good news for me.

That is good news of course it was around $1.80 a gallon when Obama was sworn in and there is a reasonable chance the price will start back up when the summer driving season get's into full swing we'll see.

Next.

For someone so dumb, he sure did a LOT of stuff!

Bush really "destroyed the world economy?"

BULL.

SHIT.

Gas at this level was catastrophic in 2007. Then as it came down, people saw high gas prices as an anomaly. Then as gas prices started to rise, focus was removed from all the "great" things Obamacare was going to bring us and attention was given to what Obama was actually doing now.

Gas needs to be under $3.50 by Labor Day. If it's not, Obama is very weak.

I'm sorry, Chris. At 10:30 or so pm on 4/30/12 the price in Chicago was:

Chicago Gas Prices - Find Cheap Gas Prices in Illinois

Chicago Avg

and rising.
no dropping but slowly. Unless something happens in the near future, prices wont be going up at all. In fact they will continue to go down slowly.

But hey keep thinking with that ignorance.

Not here, just check the link.

Next.

By that logic, the current dropping price must mean Obama is destroying the economy?

Next.

By that logic, the current dropping price must mean Obama is destroying the economy?

The prices are NOT dropping. So I guess that means it's his fault.

Oh, and YAY, now gas is only 2X what it was when Bush left!

The low price of gas at the tail end of 2008 ($1.78/gal) was a direct result of the collapse of the United States economy. Previously in June 2008, gas had peaked at about $4.00/gal.

I suppose you could commend Bush for being the President during the time when the entire United States economy collapsed (along with the prices of most US commodities), but I don't think it's anything to brag about. But hey, that's just me.

Use your head next time, please, and at least try to keep the discussion honest. You're not fooling anyone.

Last edited:
How desperate, someone starts a thread on gas dropping all of 13 cents

The run up in prices during the BUSH II admin was in partial the spark that set off the tinkerbox economy the banksters had created.

Bush II was not responsible for that price spike, neither was he truly responsible for the collapse in prices as the worlds economy went into shock.

WE have presidents, kids, not kings

The Prez gets the blame when prices are high so he gets the credit when they are lower.

The Prez doesnt' have much to do with the price of gas but what the hey, any credit will do. Of course he doesn't want the blame but will of course take the credit.

Have no fear. Gas will be going up again and Barry better hope that hike isn't around election time because he will get the blame.

Forum List

Back