Australian supermarkets work to prevent "bag rage" as plastics ban takes effect

Awe, poor babies. You wanted your nanny state, well, there you go

SYDNEY (Reuters) - Australia's biggest supermarket chains are scrambling to combat "bag rage" as frustrated shoppers vent their anger over the removal of single-use plastic bags.

One man put his hands around a supermarket worker's throat, the West Australian newspaper reported, while grocery stores are putting on more staff to help customers get used to the change.

The removal of single-use plastics is part of a national push to reduce waste.

Where are all the videos 'bag rage' when all supermarkets used paper bags? There was none, it wasn't even a thought or a term. Dumb. And if you think 'bag rage' is a thing wait until a whackjob rightwing Supreme Court overturns Roe V Wade.

That rage will be real and unlike anything seen before it.

Just curious where the leap from plastic bags to abortion came from?

You don't understand that's ok. Run along.

Actually I was giving you an opportunity to explain. Maybe after your rage ebbs?

SYDNEY (Reuters) - Australia's biggest supermarket chains are scrambling to combat "bag rage" as frustrated shoppers vent their anger over the removal of single-use plastic bags.

One man put his hands around a supermarket worker's throat, the West Australian newspaper reported, while grocery stores are putting on more staff to help customers get used to the change.

Where are all the videos 'bag rage' when all supermarkets used paper bags? There was none, it wasn't even a thought or a term. Dumb. And if you think 'bag rage' is a thing wait until a whackjob rightwing Supreme Court overturns Roe V Wade.

More threats?

And if you think 'bag rage' is a thing wait until a whackjob rightwing Supreme Court overturns Roe V Wade.

Don't worry. Nobody is going to touch your precious baby killing.

You watch 20,000 children die a year and don't life a finger. You are just an arrogant baby killer.
20,000 kids living in NYC homeless shelters and you leftards respond by attacking the Christian charities trying to help them.

Actually I was giving you an opportunity to explain. Maybe after your rage ebbs?

Aww you're butthurt now snowflake. Go to your safe space and have a juice box.

This thread is about bags in Australia, only CRY baby Newton would talk about ROE vs. Wade.

Paper bags are ok with me , instead of plastic.

But for heavens sake....have some sort of bags to offer the customers in the supermarkets!!

You have a good nap? Your mum find your fidget spinner snowflake?

You from England moron? I personally don't have time to fidget, you must have left that spinner thing here. I am more intellectually aware asleep than you are awake.

I am a conservative, stop embarassing the rest of us m"kay?

You're making political autism a thing.

You have a good nap? Your mum find your fidget spinner snowflake?

I don't know maybe Newton is going to put a plastic bag around his own head?

Definitely holds his breath too much.

t20-2928705.jpg

Plastics washed up on Christmas Island, Australia

/thread

Christmas Island is more than 1,000 miles from the Australian mainland. Who cares?

For the record, Australian’s aren’t be told to use paper bags. From July 1, the major supermarket chains are no longer supplying any bags for free. They will charge 15 cents per bag or you can use your own bag ... like a freaking hippie.

He has attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.

For the record, Australian’s aren’t be told to use paper bags. From July 1, the major supermarket chains are no longer supplying any bags for free. They will charge 15 cents per bag or you can use your own bag ... like a freaking hippie.

Wonder if anyone will set up shop in the parking lot with ten cent plastic bags?

Way to go wayyyyy off topic.
Breath into a paper bag and quit hyperventilating.

Better yet...use plastic. Be sure to cover head.

If all the bed wetters did that simultaneously it would solve the global warming issue overnight.

I guarantee the world would be a cooler place to live, and the collective intellect of the human race would double.

You do realize that the bags attract bugs and cockroaches are known to lay eggs in the glue and then hatch?

Wonder if anyone will set up shop in the parking lot with ten cent plastic bags?

In my experience, Australians aren’t that entrepreneurial.

I like not using paper bags or plastic bags as they always tear and the food falls out. I like my New Yorker canvas bags.

Forum List

Back