Australian police charge two people with murder of India-born businessman

Bianco -

Which country do you feel has a worse record on rape - Australia or India?

I have no idea.
There are lots of rapists in Australia though...tis why it's not safe to walk the streets [mostly after dark].
Then there are all the girls and women raped withing families.

Then you need to keep an eye on international news.

I can think of at least three major rape incidents in India that have made the front pages around the world during the last year alone.

I'm not singling out India out here, but by any objective standard, attitudes towards rape in India seem to be amongst the worst in the world. A rape is reported in India every 21 minutes.

You simply cannot say the same about Australia, whatever its faults.

Last edited:
Saigon,

This thread is about human rights violation in Australia. This thread is not about India. There are threads out there that discuss rape cases in India. You are welcome to join those threads. However, it is dishonest for you to disrupt this thread using India as an excuse for Australia's institutionalized human rights violations.

I can pull the same stunt you are pulling by going into those threads that are discussing uncomfortable facts about India and offer excuses for India. But I don't because one can never solve a problem without acknowledging it. The difference between Australia and India is that India has courage and honesty to acknowledge and work towards solving the problem.

Please do not disrupt this thread. This thread is about Australia not India.

Bianco -

Which country do you feel has a worse record on rape - Australia or India?

I have no idea.
There are lots of rapists in Australia though...tis why it's not safe to walk the streets [mostly after dark].
Then there are all the girls and women raped withing families.

Then you need to keep an eye on international news.

I can think of at least three major rape incidents in India that have made the front pages around the world during the last year alone.

I'm not singling out India out here, but by any objective standard, attitudes towards rape in India seem to be amongst the worst in the world. A rape is reported in India every 21 minutes.

You simply cannot say the same about Australia, whatever its faults.

This thread is about Australia and let us get back on the topic.

Asylum-seekers 'tortured and raped at Australian detention centre'

Asylum-seekers 'tortured and raped at Australian detention centre' - Australasia - World - The Independent

Chinese students beaten to death in Australia on public transport?

or 'just' beaten?

China Outrage Over Sydney Train Assault

Rockdale is a 'multicultural' area.

Could've been White thugs...or Middle Eastern or some other race.

You guys have to realize that it does not matter who is committing the crime, as long as it happens on the Australian soil, it is Australia's responsibility to stop it, even if Martians do it.

I am glad that the Chinese student survived. There are so many violent cases in Australia that it becomes difficult to keep track of them all.

Also, few years back in Australia, a young 16 year old girl was raped by a group of cops right on the police car. It could have been New Zealand, in that case, my apology.

There are plenty of honest Australians that are trying to fix the problem in Australia. It is our duty to support them by acknowledging and discussing a solution with them.

Last edited:
There's always been violence against women...and many murders.
Men are also being bashed, and murdered on the street...including elderly men.
SW Sydney suburbs are awash will illegal guns, there are shootouts at fast food restaurant carparks, 'machine guns at 50 paces' at 1am Sundays, and a [mostly Middle Eastern] man shot every other day....bikie wars, and drug trade, said to be.
Hasn't been a shooting for 11 days now, a new cop [Nick] has been assigned...he and his men were said by the no1 radio host this morning to be "all over the bikies like calamine lotion".

Steroid-munching thugs are everywhere.
Violent rapists are being released after 10 years or so in prison, only to strike again.

The "reclaim the night" protesting women have a lot to answer for...all they're doing is putting more women at risk.

I think Australia should consider issuing gun licenses to people who have no serious priors. This will allow great deal of people to defend themselves against criminals.

I think Australia should consider issuing gun licenses to people who have no serious priors. This will allow great deal of people to defend themselves against criminals.

Indeed, then I could defend me and mine from armed home invaders, thugs in the streets etc...instead of just being a sitting duck.

Indian businesses own large assets in Australia in the industries that include Aerospace, Automotive, Electronics and so on. Also, India is the largest investor and buyer of Australia's natural resources.

Not too long ago, four Indian students were brutally murdered in Australia without involving any guns. This resulted in tremendous tension between India and Australia. Australian state of head had to visit India to calm things down.

And Aussies are murderd in India all the time.
Did the Indian Head of State visit Australia?
Of course not.
'Racism' only works one way in many places today.

Aussie Dawn didn't even make it 'out' of the New Delhi airport, raped and murdered by the cab drivers.

Closure for son of murdered Byron woman Local Gold Coast News | goldcoast.com.au | Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia

THE son of a Byron Bay woman raped and murdered in India says he is glad the judicial case against her killers is almost over, but dreads a long appeal process.

Dawn Emelie Griggs, 59, from Byron Bay, arrived in India from Hong Kong on March 17, 2004, and was found brutally murdered near the Indira Gandhi International Airport in New Delhi.

Time for India to boycott, but then again where would the Aussies get their laborers from.

Time for India to keep all its people in India...then there will be less problems.
They won't be studying dodgy courses like 'cookery' etc [their own people recruiting them]and getting to stay in 'backdoor immigration', won't be taking Aussie jobs, and won't be getting bashed and murdered.

Rudd's nephew in KKK anti-racism stunt - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

Several weeks ago Victoria Police reacted angrily to a cartoon in an Indian newspaper depicting one of the state's officers as a member of the Ku Klux Klan.

India's The Delhi Mail Today newspaper published the cartoon in response to the murder of Indian student Nitin Garg in Melbourne in early January.

The Indian media has suggested the attack may have been racially motivated, but Melbourne police say there is no evidence of that.

#####

Yes, an Indian student walks thru a park in the middle of the night, gets set upon and bashed by someone [maybe robbed], unfortunately dies, and the cops are just supposed to say it's definitely a racist attack and push a button on their computer and the killer's photo, ID and address will appear.

Would I walk thru India in the middle of the day?
No.
Would I walk thru India in the middle of the night?
Never in a million years.

Klan hoods?
That was about the final straw, Indian students/India then became 'the enemy' to many.

Violence against Indians in Australia controversy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Some students come from rural areas in India, with most coming to Australia to seek permanent residency.[4][7][8] Eapen Verghese stated in an opinion piece that the cost of living in Australian cities has made it necessary for many of these students to live in cheaper and more distant suburbs, where there is an increased risk of encountering violent crime.

April 2008 Indian taxi driver protest[edit source | editbeta]On 29 April 2008, in Melbourne an estimated five hundred Indian taxi drivers protested at Flinders Street Station with a sit-in protest following the stabbing of a taxi driver.[14] A similar protest was held on 19 May 2008 in Adelaide, where about fifty taxi drivers protested after an assault on an Indian taxi driver.[15] The Victorian Government brought in mandatory safety shields later that year, but this was met with protests because of the costs.[16]

#####

Can't have it both ways.

Many of the attacks on Indian cab drivers were by 'Africans'.

Sydney;

Some Indian protestors were reported to be carrying hockey sticks and baseball bats. According to police, the protest was sparked by an attack on Indians earlier in the evening allegedly by Lebanese men.[29]

In retaliation the protesters attacked three uninvolved Lebanese men, who sustained minor injuries.[30] This was believed to be the first violent reaction by Indian students against attacks on them.[31] A police dog squad was called in to control the crowd.[30]

On 9 June 2009, Indian Prime Minister, addressing the Indian Parliament said that "he was 'appalled' by the senseless violence and crime, some of which are racist in nature,"[32]

Notice Indian PM didn't address the parliament about Indian crowds in India racially vilifying the Aussie cricket team, Andrew Symonds [West Indian/White] descent in particular. :lol:

Here's the photo;

No Cookies | Perth Now

The 40,000 crowd erupted as Symonds left the dressingroom to replace No. 4 batsman Brad Hodge.

A deafening torrent of abuse followed the batsman of the series out to the middle.

Many spectators jumped up and down like gorillas, spewed vitriol and made animal noises.

A rattled Symonds was out first ball and remained rooted to the crease, perhaps indignant at an apparent second round of abuse from the Indian team after his dismissal.

The Australian team was also abused during its team photo on the ground.

#####

Then Indians arrive in Australia and India wonders why they're being abused, discriminated against, and bashed by some people....and disliked by many others.

It's all perfectly clear to me.

Last edited:

Indeed, then I could defend me and mine from armed home invaders, thugs in the streets etc...instead of just being a sitting duck.

I also propose that Australian student visas should come with gun licenses so that the students can defend themselves against racist attacks.

Time for India to boycott, but then again where would the Aussies get their laborers from.

Time for India to keep all its people in India...then there will be less problems.
They won't be studying dodgy courses like 'cookery' etc [their own people recruiting them]and getting to stay in 'backdoor immigration', won't be taking Aussie jobs, and won't be getting bashed and murdered.

Rudd's nephew in KKK anti-racism stunt - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

Several weeks ago Victoria Police reacted angrily to a cartoon in an Indian newspaper depicting one of the state's officers as a member of the Ku Klux Klan.

India's The Delhi Mail Today newspaper published the cartoon in response to the murder of Indian student Nitin Garg in Melbourne in early January.

The Indian media has suggested the attack may have been racially motivated, but Melbourne police say there is no evidence of that.

#####

Yes, an Indian student walks thru a park in the middle of the night, gets set upon and bashed by someone [maybe robbed], unfortunately dies, and the cops are just supposed to say it's definitely a racist attack and push a button on their computer and the killer's photo, ID and address will appear.

No.

Klan hoods?
That was about the final straw, Indian students/India then became 'the enemy' to many.

Violence against Indians in Australia controversy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Some students come from rural areas in India, with most coming to Australia to seek permanent residency.[4][7][8] Eapen Verghese stated in an opinion piece that the cost of living in Australian cities has made it necessary for many of these students to live in cheaper and more distant suburbs, where there is an increased risk of encountering violent crime.

April 2008 Indian taxi driver protest[edit source | editbeta]On 29 April 2008, in Melbourne an estimated five hundred Indian taxi drivers protested at Flinders Street Station with a sit-in protest following the stabbing of a taxi driver.[14] A similar protest was held on 19 May 2008 in Adelaide, where about fifty taxi drivers protested after an assault on an Indian taxi driver.[15] The Victorian Government brought in mandatory safety shields later that year, but this was met with protests because of the costs.[16]

#####

Can't have it both ways.

Sydney;

Some Indian protestors were reported to be carrying hockey sticks and baseball bats. According to police, the protest was sparked by an attack on Indians earlier in the evening allegedly by Lebanese men.[29]

In retaliation the protesters attacked three uninvolved Lebanese men, who sustained minor injuries.[30] This was believed to be the first violent reaction by Indian students against attacks on them.[31] A police dog squad was called in to control the crowd.[30]

On 9 June 2009, Indian Prime Minister, addressing the Indian Parliament said that "he was 'appalled' by the senseless violence and crime, some of which are racist in nature,"[32]

Notice Indian PM didn't address the parliament about Indian crowds in India racially vilifying the Aussie cricket team, Andrew Symonds [West Indian/White] descent in particular. :lol:

Here's the photo;

No Cookies | Perth Now

The 40,000 crowd erupted as Symonds left the dressingroom to replace No. 4 batsman Brad Hodge.

A deafening torrent of abuse followed the batsman of the series out to the middle.

Many spectators jumped up and down like gorillas, spewed vitriol and made animal noises.

A rattled Symonds was out first ball and remained rooted to the crease, perhaps indignant at an apparent second round of abuse from the Indian team after his dismissal.

#####

Then Indians arrive in Australia and India wonders why they're being abused, discriminated against, and bashed by some people....and disliked by many others.

Does celebration of cricket victory warrant murder? You need help lady/man. There is something fundamentally wrong with your disposition in life. More you talk, more you reveal who you are. No sane person justifies murder of a group of people because they cheered victory of their sporting team.

#####

No.

Klan hoods?

#####

Can't have it both ways.

Sydney;

Here's the photo;

No Cookies | Perth Now

#####

Australian police would beat KKK hands down when it comes to racism. You are ignoring the context in which that cartoon was published. That cartoon was published after series of Indian students were killed in Australia and Australian government did not do anything. They just basically shrugged it off saying that since the murders were committed by 'middle easterners', there was no further need for Australians to do anything about it. Not only that, they traded racist emails among themselves to show their insensitivity towards murdered victims.

Your philosophy is to blame the victim. My philosophy is to blame the criminal. This is where we differ.

I have never heard of any Australian getting killed in India except in one or two rare cases. But the thing is Indian police does its best to arrest the criminal when it happens instead of trading racist jokes via email about victims.

India is a third world country. Australia is a rich country. For you to even attempt to use India as an excuse for shortcomings of Australia is appalling.

One more last thing, no race including Indians deserve to be murdered just because they talk funny or you do not like their food or the way they celebrate victory of their cricket team. I just hope for the sake of the humanity that Australians would learn this basic fact.

Last edited:

I also propose that Australian student visas should come with gun licenses so that the students can defend themselves against racist attacks.

lol

Can't be having non-citizens carrying guns.

We have to have some way of protecting the students in Australia. Since Australian police does not want to be bothered if the culprits are 'middle easterners', we have to empower the students to protect themselves.

Forum List

Back