"Austin is a small Democrat-voting oasis of liberalism and tolerance in a Republican state"

What I wonder is once the entire country has legalized same-sex marriage (this is inevitible, resistance is futile,) what about all the other legal rights like employment, housing, etc.? In Missouri there are none of those and you can be evicted on a whim for being gay. Or fired, or refused employment. Once they ok marriage, what about the other stuff? And why the hell didn't they do those first instead of the 'frosting' one marriage? Great, now we can be married but then they fired me then evicted me. Seems like the priorities are out of whack a tad.

What I wonder is once the entire country has legalized same-sex marriage (this is inevitible, resistance is futile,) what about all the other legal rights like employment, housing, etc.? In Missouri there are none of those and you can be evicted on a whim for being gay. Or fired, or refused employment. Once they ok marriage, what about the other stuff? And why the hell didn't they do those first instead of the 'frosting' one marriage? Great, now we can be married but then they fired me then evicted me. Seems like the priorities are out of whack a tad.

nah----the priority was to get any kind of law that gives them the appearance of normality.

Forum List

Back