Aunt Becky gets two months in jail!!!!!

It's a shame that successfully prosecuting white collar crime costs so much and nets so little time served.
....they are not violent jackass murdering and beating/burning/etc--HUGE difference
..they didn't rob a pregnant lady at gunpoint
Doesn't matter what they did, rich people get off easy.
like OJ
It's so common that the rich get off for serious crimes that it makes big news when someone important has to serve time.
OJ for one 1995 ---the others? Robert Blake 2001...?
Aunt Becky's was not a serious crime

It's a shame that successfully prosecuting white collar crime costs so much and nets so little time served.
....they are not violent jackass murdering and beating/burning/etc--HUGE difference
..they didn't rob a pregnant lady at gunpoint
Doesn't matter what they did, rich people get off easy.
like OJ
It's so common that the rich get off for serious crimes that it makes big news when someone important has to serve time.
OJ for one 1995 ---the others? Robert Blake 2001...?
Aunt Becky's was not a serious crime
Sure it was. If someone is buying illegal influence the penalty should be at least the same as stealing that much money.

They should have locked up the daughters for claiming they were “crew” and lying on admissions forms
Jail? Are you nuts? Fine them, and the school can banish them. Not that the schools aren’t in on the higher education scams from elites. Just look at all the kids of politicians that get into Ivy League, and they sure as hell aren’t producing America’s brightest. So until they start throwing politicians into jail for bribing their kids way into elite schools, this is a sham.

They should have locked up the daughters for claiming they were “crew” and lying on admissions forms
Jail? Are you nuts? Fine them, and the school can banish them. Not that the schools aren’t in on the higher education scams from elites. Just look at all the kids of politicians that get into Ivy League, and they sure as hell aren’t producing America’s brightest. So until they start throwing politicians into jail for bribing their kids way into elite schools, this is a sham.
If the parents committed a crime, so did the daughters who signed the application providing false information

If the parents committed a crime, so did the daughters who signed the application providing false information
It’s a crime to want to get an education?

What a bunch of shit, she gets two months and Hillary doesn't serve a day in the slammer ..

Hillary Clinton didn't commit a crime.

"Aunt Becky" did.

Get over it.

I don't get how there can be an 'admissions scandal' in colleges these days. Isn't the mantra now that everyone has the Constitutional right to free college?

Why even have an admissions policy?
So change the law, like the rest of us right thinking people are trying to do.

In the great net of criminal activity trying to bribe a coach is pretty small potatoes. It doesn't need jail time.
If bribery does not deserve jail time in this case then it never deserves jail time anywhere.

Shouldn't the university be the one prosecuted? For attempting to restrict admissions?

Free university is a Constitutional Right. Isn't it?

In the great net of criminal activity trying to bribe a coach is pretty small potatoes. It doesn't need jail time.
If bribery does not deserve jail time in this case then it never deserves jail time anywhere.

Shouldn't the university be the one prosecuted? For attempting to restrict admissions?

I don't know but at least there should be a reform of any system that is prone to corruption.

I don't know but at least there should be a reform of any system that is prone to corruption.
This case sent shock waves through the wealthy community looking to get their brats into college

This whole admission-gate thing seemed like much ado about not much to me. Who was the victim in this crime? I don't see one. There are countless under qualified students that get admitted to top colleges. :dunno:

This whole admission-gate thing seemed like much ado about not much to me. Who was the victim in this crime? I don't see one. There are countless under qualified students that get admitted to top colleges. :dunno:
Those who tried to get into USC legitimately
Those who actually rowed crew

1599427588734.jpeg

Forum List

Back