Astros just got better!

Tell me it isn't so! The White Sox are my favorite team, and they just lost their best player. This WILL make the Astros even tougher.

I was shocked when I heard the news.
The best free agent hitter available as well as one of the best hitters in MLB!!
I couldnt be happier!
While his home runs were down this year it's not by accident,he concentrated on contact and it shows.
He'll fit in perfect with the Astros philosophe in hitting.

I was shocked when I heard the news.
The best free agent hitter available as well as one of the best hitters in MLB!!
I couldnt be happier!
While his home runs were down this year it's not by accident,he concentrated on contact and it shows.
He'll fit in perfect with the Astros philosophe in hitting.
When did Judge sign a contract?

Judge is the strikeout king in the playoffs.
I'd rather have Abreu.
Judge has set records with his strikeout abilities when it counts.
But Judge is the best hitter in free agency by a wide margin regardless of who you would rather have on your team.

matter of opinion.....
LOL

He had a higher average, 4 times the HRs twice the RBI’s as Abreau. Is there some other objective metric I should be using?

BTW Judge played more post season games this year than Abreau has played in his career. There is hardly a good sample size to have any idea how he plays in the post season.

What was Abreau’s average in the post season this year?

Doesn't matter.
We know judge sucks in the postseason.
We know the yankees philosophy is the long ball and while judge fit the bill for the regular season he always comes up short when it matters.
The Astros are built to get on base if the long ball happens it's just icing on the cake.
Abreu changed his concentration on the long ball last year and his homerun record shows that.
However his on base average went up which fits the Astros style.
The Astros own the yankees so obviously their style of play is better suited to winning when it counts.
Of course the Astros bullpen helps since it's the best in MLB by a long shot.

LOL

He had a higher average, 4 times the HRs twice the RBI’s as Abreau. Is there some other objective metric I should be using?

BTW Judge played more post season games this year than Abreau has played in his career. There is hardly a good sample size to have any idea how he plays in the post season.

Abreu normally hits 30 home runs a year on average which is nothing to sneeze at.
He concentrated on contact last season and his on base numbers went up.
That fits the Astros style of play to a T. Not to mention we already have long ball hitters that can also get on base.

Abreu normally hits 30 home runs a year on average which is nothing to sneeze at.
He concentrated on contact last season and his on base numbers went up.
That fits the Astros style of play to a T. Not to mention we already have long ball hitters that can also get on base.
That’s still half of Judges production and his average was lower than Judges to boot. And the point wasn’t best fre agent hitter who fits better into the Houston style it was best free agent hitter. And your kidding yourself if you think the Astros wouldnt take Judge over Abreau if they could afford it.

That’s still half of Judges production and his average was lower than Judges to boot. And the point wasn’t best fre agent hitter who fits better into the Houston style it was best free agent hitter. And your kidding yourself if you think the Astros wouldnt take Judge over Abreau if they could afford it.

For the same price?
I'd still take Abreu the Astros dont have a problem making it to the postseason and winning unlike the yankees.
So I think I'll trust the Astros judge ment on who's best for the Astros.
If judge didnt choke in the postseason every year I might feel different.
Oh...Judge only hit 9 more homeruns than Abreu's average year.

For the same price?
I'd still take Abreu the Astros dont have a problem making it to the postseason and winning unlike the yankees.
So I think I'll trust the Astros judge ment on who's best for the Astros.
If judge didnt choke in the postseason every year I might feel different.
Oh...Judge only hit 9 more homeruns than Abreu's average year.
You would take Jose Abreau over Aaron Judge even if the price were the same? There’s a reason you arent a GM.

The Astros can’t afford Judge thats the only reason they aren’t offering him a contract. It’s not because Abreau is a better hitter. We’ll just ignore that they dont play the same position so having one on your roster doesn’t preclude you from having the other.

Judge hit 62 HRs ya dope. Abreau isn’t averaging 53 hrs a year or his price would be far higher He’s never hit more than 36 in his career that was almost 10 years ago.

You are aware that the Yankees have more WS trophies than any other franchise in MLB right?

Houston only has one legit one.

You would take Jose Abreau over Aaron Judge even if the price were the same? There’s a reason you arent a GM.

The Astros can’t afford Judge thats the only reason they aren’t offering him a contract. It’s not because Abreau is a better hitter. We’ll just ignore that they dont play the same position so having one on your roster doesn’t preclude you from having the other.

Judge hit 62 HRs ya dope. Abreau isn’t averaging 53 hrs a year or his price would be far higher He’s never hit more than 36 in his career that was almost 10 years ago.

You are aware that the Yankees have more WS trophies than any other franchise in MLB right?

Houston only has one legit one.

The yankmees have been accused of cheating as well as most MLB teams.
Okay...according to the internet he hit 39 in 21.
Alright now you're sounding like a cowboys fan. What have the yankees done recently other than lose to the Astros?
As I've said over and over judge is a choker when it matters. And obviously the Astros dont need him to win.

The yankmees have been accused of cheating as well as most MLB teams.
Okay...according to the internet he hit 39 in 21.
Alright now you're sounding like a cowboys fan. What have the yankees done recently other than lose to the Astros?
As I've said over and over judge is a choker when it matters. And obviously the Astros dont need him to win.

Nope

The Yankees have 27 WS wins. You’re saying they cheated in 26 of them? And the Astros weren’t accused of cheating they were caught cheating.

Im not a Yankees fan but the idea that Jose Abreau is a better hitter than Aaron Judge is fucking ludicrous

Nope

The Yankees have 27 WS wins. You’re saying they cheated in 26 of them? And the Astros weren’t accused of cheating they were caught cheating.

Im not a Yankees fan but the idea that Jose Abreau is a better hitter than Aaron Judge is fucking ludicrous

Here's a yankee fans perspective.

Forum List

Back