Assange for Secretary of State, UN ruling to free Assange to stand after British appeal rejected

Stratford57

Diamond Member
Jun 21, 2014
Kievan Rus'
Hey people, may be thatā€™s why the position of SOS has been still vacant? (Just kidding) Assange sure deserves an award for saving the country and the whole world from a Sorosā€™ and a Saudi/Qatar bi*ch Hillary.

The United Nations has rejected a UK appeal against its previous ruling in favor of Julian Assange as "inadmissible," thus requiring both London and Stockholm to end the WikiLeaks founderā€™s "arbitrary detention."

Earlier this year, a case was concluded at the UN, in which the body instructed the UK and Sweden to take immediate steps to ensure the WikiLeaks founder's liberty, protection and enjoyment of fundamental human rights.

The UK has appealed the ruling twice, with the UN rejecting its second appeal on Wednesday by pronouncing it "not admissible," Justice for Assange reported, adding that the decision marks the end to London's "attempt to overturn the ruling."

"Now that all appeals are exhausted, I expect that the UK and Sweden will comply with their international obligations and set me free," a statement by Assange read, with the fugitive whistleblower calling his detention "an obvious and grotesque injustice."

UN ruling to free WikiLeaksā€™ Assange to stand after British appeal rejected

Not too many details yet, the news are very fresh.

3 hours ago:
Despite being granted political asylum by Ecuador in 2012, Mr. Assange has been unable to leave its London compound in the years since without risking arrest: British police have been instructed to apprehend the WikiLeaks chief if and when he exits the facility in accordance with a Swedish arrest warrant issued in connection with a 2010 rape case, while Mr. Assange has said that being sent to Sweden could inevitably lend to his extradition to the United States, however, where he could be charged over his transparency websiteā€™s previous publications.

ā€œThe Working Group on Arbitrary Detention considers that the various forms of deprivation of liberty to which Julian Assange has been subjected constitute a form of arbitrary detention,ā€ panel chairman Seong-Phil Hong said when the panel announced its initial finding in February.

Nearly nine months later, the same group said Wednesday that it was unconvinced by Britainā€™s subsequent appeal.

ā€œThe UN expert group also considered four requests for review of previous opinions, submitted by the Arab Republic of Egypt, the State of Kuwait and the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. The Working Group concluded that the requests did not meet the threshold of a review as enshrined in paragraph 21 of its methods of work, and that they were thus not admissible,ā€ Wednesdayā€™s statement said.

U.N. panel upholds decision on Julian Assangeā€™s arbitrary detainment

Right, I knew that. I'm just wondering why the UK in particular rejected the appeals. I mean why wasn't Sweden rejecting since it allegedly happened there? How'd he piss off the UK? Or are the hearings just being held in the UK? ~shrug~ random curiosities.

Forum List

Back