Asian Cowboy

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
Here's a fun antique/aesthetics tale about the iconic 'cowboy' consciousness in America and how it still caters to ventured diaries.

====

Yul was an Asian but also a cowboy. He was a cattle-rancher in the Old West, well his ancestors were, but he was a modern cowboy in the American southwest. Yul liked black cowboy hats and old Western movies starring the greats from the classic and neo-classic era such as John Wayne and Montgomery Clift.

yul1.jpg

Yul designed a cartoon-stylized video-game featuring an Asian cowboy character named Lu. This Lu would wander around taverns and ghost-towns in the Old West looking for adventure and profit and seeking to shoot any bandits and evildoers who stood in his dark way. Yul and Lu became an underground sensation, after an emerging interest in resurrecting the Cowboy aesthetic in the USA came to pass, perhaps because of a modern pedestrian curiosity about traffic plurality!

yul2.jpg

Yul purchased an antique Old West toy gun, one that kids played with before the full expansion of America. This was the sort of toy popular among kids in the West before the West became industrialized Los Angeles. Now, Yul had Lu the video-game Asian cowboy 'avatar' and this authentic Americana toy gun to cast as a 'trophy' of emergent style marketing. The only question was, "Did cowboys still feel cool and intriguing?"

yul3.jpg

BILL GATES: "This is the age of Microsoft and tablets and skyscrapers, and no one cares anymore about cowboy cinema or old Western toys like wooden rocking-horses, and if a person like Yul manages to resurrect such an aesthetic in this new age of 'tron-and-battery' grid sensibilities, I'd be quite impressed indeed, as an executive of a major software company in Hong Kong!"

yul4.jpg

Of course, the general sentimental appeal of cowboy cinema and great Western characters in stories about the capital cowboy or even the cowboy-drawled capitalist (e.g., James Dean's inventive oil-deacon in Giant) was that the cowboy was the real dark-man!

yul5.jpg

Modern day musicians still sought creative roads to bringing back ancient aesthetic themes such as cowboys and samurais in their inventive videos and rock performances. This sort of made the cowboy aesthetic accessible to anyone with any creative gumption at all! That's how Yul profited from this aesthetic consciousness.

yul6.jpg

YUL: I doubt my Asian cowboy avatar Lu will ever become popular, but perhaps capitalism will always leave room for...ditches.

====

"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

Here's a fun antique/aesthetics tale about the iconic 'cowboy' consciousness in America and how it still caters to ventured diaries.

====

Yul was an Asian but also a cowboy. He was a cattle-rancher in the Old West, well his ancestors were, but he was a modern cowboy in the American southwest. Yul liked black cowboy hats and old Western movies starring the greats from the classic and neo-classic era such as John Wayne and Montgomery Clift.

View attachment 415895

Yul designed a cartoon-stylized video-game featuring an Asian cowboy character named Lu. This Lu would wander around taverns and ghost-towns in the Old West looking for adventure and profit and seeking to shoot any bandits and evildoers who stood in his dark way. Yul and Lu became an underground sensation, after an emerging interest in resurrecting the Cowboy aesthetic in the USA came to pass, perhaps because of a modern pedestrian curiosity about traffic plurality!

View attachment 415896

Yul purchased an antique Old West toy gun, one that kids played with before the full expansion of America. This was the sort of toy popular among kids in the West before the West became industrialized Los Angeles. Now, Yul had Lu the video-game Asian cowboy 'avatar' and this authentic Americana toy gun to cast as a 'trophy' of emergent style marketing. The only question was, "Did cowboys still feel cool and intriguing?"

View attachment 415897

BILL GATES: "This is the age of Microsoft and tablets and skyscrapers, and no one cares anymore about cowboy cinema or old Western toys like wooden rocking-horses, and if a person like Yul manages to resurrect such an aesthetic in this new age of 'tron-and-battery' grid sensibilities, I'd be quite impressed indeed, as an executive of a major software company in Hong Kong!"

View attachment 415898

Of course, the general sentimental appeal of cowboy cinema and great Western characters in stories about the capital cowboy or even the cowboy-drawled capitalist (e.g., James Dean's inventive oil-deacon in Giant) was that the cowboy was the real dark-man!

View attachment 415899

Modern day musicians still sought creative roads to bringing back ancient aesthetic themes such as cowboys and samurais in their inventive videos and rock performances. This sort of made the cowboy aesthetic accessible to anyone with any creative gumption at all! That's how Yul profited from this aesthetic consciousness.

View attachment 415900

YUL: I doubt my Asian cowboy avatar Lu will ever become popular, but perhaps capitalism will always leave room for...ditches.

====

"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

What's ironic, is that cowboy was a derogatory term. Cowboys were thieves who engaged in cattle rustling. Something I was surprised to find out. Only in modern society, does it have a positive aura of being hard working men on ranches.

Asian cowboy could be popular, it's hard to know. The nice thing about Capitalism, is every has a chance to find their niche.

I like the OT and entry!

Musicians and cowboys- My Hero's Have Always Been Cowboys- waylon and willie- his name was jose, villalobo, alfredo, tomato, vincente, lopez- marty robbins, to name a few

Billy Joe Shaver- We are the cowboys- cowboys are average American people, they're texican, mexican, black man and jew- they love this old world and they don't wanna lose it- they're countin on me, and, they're countin on you-

I remember this

Asian Cowboy. That describes my great grand mothers father. Cowboy ,Wrangler. Trail hand.. He was from Manchuria.

Forum List

Back