As Predicted, Democrats Using Ferguson Riots To Register Voters

So, you make it a privilege, not a right, to vote?

I guess it already is.

In america you need valid ID to buy alcohol, cigarettes, fly, cash a check, rent a car...etc.countless other transactions....

Is anyone saying that requiring an ID to buying alcohol, cigarettes, cashing checks, etc..violate their "rights"?
You guys pretend to be so intelligent ..but can sure play dumb when it suits your purpose.
?
purposely mischaracterizing and distorting is what you do best...carry on.No one is fooled by all that misdirection.

If everyone has easy access to a government issued photo id, then why do millions of Americans not have one already?

You tell me.
Because they haven't needed one in order to live in this country, they are already established with bank accounts and check cashing cards and all the things you say they need a government photo id for....they don't....and why should they have to go out and get one, just for voting, when they have been registered to vote for 20-60 years already?

What is your stance on concealed carry permits?

And no offense but you are REALLY old , if you got your DL without any proof of identity

If 90% of the people have an acceptable government ID, that means 10% don't
I would rather put up with the tenth of a percent voter fraud than deny 10% of the population the right to vote

Voter ID Brennan Center for Justice
What are some valid reasons that 10% of the population couldn't get any form of ID?

Try not to say "repukeicans" or "teabaggers" or any of those other cute disparaging terms you partisans like to use.
Try to be realistic and reasonable if possible..

Yet why do Democrats say that voter I.D. laws are racist?

Why has Eric Holder sued every state that tries to institute laws that require a picture I.D. to register or vote?

Probably because the ID laws effect minority voters the most. Gee, that wasn't difficult.

Here's the deal...and I'm using rough numbers. 22% of eligible voters don't have the photo ID required by some of the more restrictive ID states. The amount of voter fraud that would be stopped with these restrictive laws is less than 1%. When the number of voters that would be disenfranchised is less...or at least in single digits and much closer the fraud that would be stopped, I'm behind restrictive photo ID laws 100%.
Why do you think that?

Do you think being black means you're either too poor or too stupid to get a driver's license? That is exactly the implication here. Blacks need a picture I.D. to buy a pack of cigarettes or buy booze but it's racist to ask them for one when they go to the polls.

This is just another example of why Democrats are dishonest and their policies are inherently racist. Any fool could figure it out.

Where I live, even the homeless have id. even my autistic son has ID.

Yet why do Democrats say that voter I.D. laws are racist?

Why has Eric Holder sued every state that tries to institute laws that require a picture I.D. to register or vote?

Probably because the ID laws effect minority voters the most. Gee, that wasn't difficult.

Here's the deal...and I'm using rough numbers. 22% of eligible voters don't have the photo ID required by some of the more restrictive ID states. The amount of voter fraud that would be stopped with these restrictive laws is less than 1%. When the number of voters that would be disenfranchised is less...or at least in single digits and much closer the fraud that would be stopped, I'm behind restrictive photo ID laws 100%.
Why do you think that?

Do you think being black means you're either too poor or too stupid to get a driver's license? That is exactly the implication here. Blacks need a picture I.D. to buy a pack of cigarettes or buy booze but it's racist to ask them for one when they go to the polls.

This is just another example of why Democrats are dishonest and their policies are inherently racist. Any fool could figure it out.
Give every American an ID and then you can require it to vote

I have no problems with that.

I guess it already is.

In america you need valid ID to buy alcohol, cigarettes, fly, cash a check, rent a car...etc.countless other transactions....

Is anyone saying that requiring an ID to buying alcohol, cigarettes, cashing checks, etc..violate their "rights"?
You guys pretend to be so intelligent ..but can sure play dumb when it suits your purpose.
?
purposely mischaracterizing and distorting is what you do best...carry on.No one is fooled by all that misdirection.

If everyone has easy access to a government issued photo id, then why do millions of Americans not have one already?

You tell me.
Because they haven't needed one in order to live in this country, they are already established with bank accounts and check cashing cards and all the things you say they need a government photo id for....they don't....and why should they have to go out and get one, just for voting, when they have been registered to vote for 20-60 years already?

And no offense but you are REALLY old , if you got your DL without any proof of identity
When you get your first DL, you can do it with a birth certificate..but from that day on you have a picture ID..
As much free stuff as this gvt gives away I'd support a free ID for anyone who is too indigent to spend 20$.
his whole tactic is just being contrary for the sake of arguing.

I guess it already is.

?

You tell me.

When you get your first DL, you can do it with a birth certificate..but from that day on you have a picture ID..
As much free stuff as this gvt gives away I'd support a free ID for anyone who is too indigent to spend 20$.
his whole tactic is just being contrary for the sake of arguing.

Where I live a non driving state ID is $5 and is good for 4 years. Anyone who says they can't afford that is a LIAR, but if we have to give them out free, so be it.

I guess it already is.

?
You partisans are funny!

You tell me.

You can not cash a check without a photo ID..you can not fly without one..you must have a drivers license to legally drive. young people have to show one to buy alcohol or cigarettes
You should need to show a valid ID to vote.

Play word games or pretend you're a sharp lawyer looking for loopholes and excuses...whatever amuses you.

The idea that no one in america needs an ID for anything is ridiculous.
you my dear are the one playing games, and a liar to boot!

....a GOVERNMENT ISSUED PHOTO ID is not needed to cash a check, nor has it ever been needed to vote until the last decade....only in some states.

Your social security card with your most recent pay stub was sufficient and is still sufficient to get a check cashing card at your grocery store, or your pay stub with your last electric bill.....or your work id with your mortgage payment stub....or you water bill with an employment id, or a student id with your electric bill... and any of those combinations along with also being registered to vote, should be enough in the states that have ID laws....my state doesn't have any and I'm just fine with that....once you've registered to vote and the State vets you, then sends you notification in the mail that you are registered to vote and notifies your town office....that's it.....you can vote....they ask your name, what party you are registered under and address.....that's it at the poll then you sign verifying it is you....

No one can demonstrate another means by which one could prove they are of legal age to buy alcohol (or a gun, or whatever) without an ID.

I, however, have asked Voter ID proponents to provide just one case of actual voter fraud which could only have been prevented or stopped by an ID. They have never been able to do so.

Thus the idiocy of the "you need an ID to buy beer" argument.
That doesn't make any sense. How would you prove it if a person with no ID voted illegally but would have voted legally with one? It's common sense that no ID enables much more opportunity for fraud just like no lD requirement for alcohol would lead to more underage drinking.
Please provide just one case of actual voter fraud which could only have been prevented or stopped by an ID.
It's common sense that no ID enables much more opportunity for fraud just like no lD requirement for alcohol would lead to more underage drinking.

I guess it already is.

?
You partisans are funny!

You tell me.

You can not cash a check without a photo ID..you can not fly without one..you must have a drivers license to legally drive. young people have to show one to buy alcohol or cigarettes

Play word games or pretend you're a sharp lawyer looking for loopholes and excuses...whatever amuses you.

....a GOVERNMENT ISSUED PHOTO ID is not needed to cash a check, nor has it ever been needed to vote until the last decade....only in some states.

Your social security card with your most recent pay stub was sufficient and is still sufficient to get a check cashing card at your grocery store, or your pay stub with your last electric bill.....or your work id with your mortgage payment stub....or you water bill with an employment id, or a student id with your electric bill... and any of those combinations along with also being registered to vote, should be enough in the states that have ID laws....my state doesn't have any and I'm just fine with that....once you've registered to vote and the State vets you, then sends you notification in the mail that you are registered to vote and notifies your town office....that's it.....you can vote....they ask your name, what party you are registered under and address.....that's it at the poll then you sign verifying it is you....

Then when I buy a gun I should just be able to sing a form saying " I promise I'm not a criminal"

I guess it already is.

?
You partisans are funny!

You tell me.

Your social security card with your most recent pay stub was sufficient and is still sufficient to get a check cashing card at your grocery store, or your pay stub with your last electric bill.....or your work id with your mortgage payment stub....or you water bill with an employment id, or a student id with your electric bill... and any of those combinations along with also being registered es that....once you've registered to vote and the State vets you, then sends you notification in the mail that you are registered to vote and notifies your town office....that's it.....you can vote....they ask your name, what party you are registered under and address.....that's it at the poll then you sign verifying it is you....

where are you getting utilities hooked up without ID to. Around here they like to run a credit check before doing so. That requires oh yeah ID.

I guess it already is.

?

You tell me.

if approaching mid 50's is really old in your mind, then you must be really really young! :D

in fact i did not have a valid government issued photo id, until i renewed my driver's license in 2012.....yes in 2012 was my first valid gvt issued photo id....my State rejected the federal gvt's rfid plans for drivers licenses as an over reach of the federal gvt and sued the federal gvt along with other independent states who rejected their over reach.....till the State got paid off by the feds and finally accepted it.....2012, when i renewed my license, they requested a birth certificate, now my driver's license has a chip in it......just wonderful..... :(

The state i lived in when i got my driver's license did NOT have pictures on the license....i got my first checking account with that non photo'd drivers license and a pay stub....

I guess it already is.

?

You tell me.

Why do you persist in this ridiculous apples and oranges comparison?

Sure..sure..whatever you say....just what I expected from you.
See ya.

No one can demonstrate another means by which one could prove they are of legal age to buy alcohol (or a gun, or whatever) without an ID.

I, however, have asked Voter ID proponents to provide just one case of actual voter fraud which could only have been prevented or stopped by an ID. They have never been able to do so.

That doesn't make any sense. How would you prove it if a person with no ID voted illegally but would have voted legally with one? It's common sense that no ID enables much more opportunity for fraud just like no lD requirement for alcohol would lead to more underage drinking.
Please provide just one case of actual voter fraud which could only have been prevented or stopped by an ID.
It's common sense that no ID enables much more opportunity for fraud just like no lD requirement for alcohol would lead to more underage drinking.
And so you have ZERO evidence to support Voter ID.

Just like I said. No one has ever been able to provide an actual case of voter fraud which could only have been prevented or stopped by Voter ID.

Thus the idiocy of the "you need an ID to buy beer" apples and oranges fallacy. It can be demonstrated that there is no other way to verify age than an ID. But you have failed to demonstrate there is no other way to prevent the types of voter fraud which occur.

If you actually had common sense, you would see the comparison is stupid. If you actually had common sense, you would have noticed by now that voter fraud continues unabated in those states which have Voter ID!

I guess it already is.

?

You tell me.

if approaching mid 50's is really old in your mind, then you must be really really young! :D

in fact i did not have a valid government issued photo id, until i renewed my driver's license in 2012.....yes in 2012 was my first valid gvt issued photo id....my State rejected the federal gvt's rfid plans for drivers licenses as an over reach of the federal gvt and sued the federal gvt along with other independent states who rejected their over reach.....till the State got paid off by the feds and finally accepted it.....2012, when i renewed my license, they requested a birth certificate, now my driver's license has a chip in it......just wonderful..... :(

The state i lived in when i got my driver's license did NOT have pictures on the license....i got my first checking account with that non photo'd drivers license and a pay stub....

BUt surely you understand things have changed. Not all for the better, but things have changed. When you got your non picture ID , a person could also walk into a gun store and walk out with damn near any weapon they pleased without any hassle. A person could walk into a airport buy a ticket cash, never give ANY name and board a flight without ever even being looked at. Things change, voter ID is no different in that regard.

I guess it already is.

?
You partisans are funny!

You tell me.

Then when I buy a gun I should just be able to sing a form saying " I promise I'm not a criminal"

don't hijack the thread and turn it in to guns....this is about the fundamental right to vote and encouraging citizens to do such.

Wait. Are yall pissed because they are registering or by the timing and location?

Either way...suck it up. Repubes can do it too.

And so you have ZERO evidence to support Voter ID.

Just like I said. No one has ever been able to provide an actual case of voter fraud which could only have been prevented or stopped by Voter ID.

Thus the idiocy of the "you need an ID to buy beer" apples and oranges fallacy. It can be demonstrated that there is no other way to verify age than an ID. But you have failed to demonstrate there is no other way to prevent the types of voter fraud which occur.

you are setting up a false analogy.

IF there is no other way to prove a person's age without ID , then likewise there is no other way to prove their identity without identity.

The fact that you here stating that you trust people to take their word when they say they are who they say they are but you don't trust them to tell you how old they really are seems mighty fishy to me and speaks of partisan stupidity.

Once again: Voter fraud continues unabated in states that have enacted Voter ID.

Wakey wakey!

Forum List

Back