As a Texan I am Pissed: Gov. Abbott goes on Fox News to whine about Green New Deal

My mom is 65 and had no power or running water. I couldn't drive out to help take care of her because of the roads. Why are you mocking me about this? I was very worried about her
Things happen....all the time. Why do you think we should feel special sympathy for your situation over any others? We are sorry for the outage, for her as well as others and plenty that are not in Texas. Why are you whining so much?
I don't agree because children and the elderly are at risk and there is no water to drink. Bad situation and the Feds are going to help with this catastrophe.
Forget about Biden....he's taking the day off.

My mom is 65 and had no power or running water. I couldn't drive out to help take care of her because of the roads. Why are you mocking me about this? I was very worried about her
Things happen....all the time. Why do you think we should feel special sympathy for your situation over any others? We are sorry for the outage, for her as well as others and plenty that are not in Texas. Why are you whining so much?
I don't agree because children and the elderly are at risk and there is no water to drink. Bad situation and the Feds are going to help with this catastrophe.
Forget about Biden....he's taking the day off.
Who dat in dat picture?? Send her over.

What the **** Abbott, my mother had no power for 2 days this week. My older brother just texted me yesterday that he hasn't had power all week. The Republican party has had majorities and the Governors Mansion for over 20 years here in TX, and the leader of our state goes on TV to

Talk about something that does not even EXIST. I want this guy OUT. Get me a real Texan, wtf.

Yep.....a Republican governor is to blame.....millions.....thousands....hundreds....tens of tens died.
What Texas needs is a Democrat governor so they'll stop blaming him every time something bad happens.
If it's a GOP governor it's racism and murder.
If you had a Democrat governor it would be just messy paperwork.
No harm done.
Blame who the governor is, politics notwithstanding. The Texas governor went on Fox News to lay blame on the failure of the windmills for the crisis, which was nothing more than a deflection from his screw-up. Of course, Fox news ate it for lunch without having a clue.

What the **** Abbott, my mother had no power for 2 days this week. My older brother just texted me yesterday that he hasn't had power all week. The Republican party has had majorities and the Governors Mansion for over 20 years here in TX, and the leader of our state goes on TV to

Talk about something that does not even EXIST. I want this guy OUT. Get me a real Texan, wtf.

Just finding out that Republicans are the biggest A-hole schmucks in the universe?

That is, except for Democrats.

Yep.....a Republican governor is to blame.....millions.....thousands....hundreds....tens of tens died.
What Texas needs is a Democrat governor so they'll stop blaming him every time something bad happens.
No harm done.
Blame who the governor is, politics notwithstanding. The Texas governor went on Fox News to lay blame on the failure of the windmills for the crisis, which was nothing more than a deflection from his screw-up. Of course, Fox news ate it for lunch without having a clue.
Well....I think the engineers responsible for the energy grid take most of the blame.
But this is just one of those things that happens when you get weather that is so extreme you didn't think it could happen.
My understanding is that the windmills weren't properly winterized.....and that you can't blame the governor for.....but because he's not a Democrat....he gets all of the blame.

Democrats don't......Shit happens
I remember how Bush got blamed for Katrina.....but it was actually the Democrat governor and mayor that were to blame.

Texas is a failed and stupid state.

View attachment 458728
I am sure that the majority of Texans would tell you, there's Louisiana or CA--don't let the door hit you in the ass. Sounds to me like you're the stupid one, instead of looking out for yourself, you want a "mommy" government that does it for you. I live in one of those "not-so-great" western states with inter-connectivity that you are touting. A wind storm knocked power out to a major city for over three weeks when temps were below freezing. People burned wood or had generators and fended for themselves and we got through it just fine. Does your mommy still feed your pablum to you?

No harm done.
Well....I think the engineers responsible for the energy grid take most of the blame.
But this is just one of those things that happens when you get weather that is so extreme you didn't think it could happen.
My understanding is that the windmills weren't properly winterized.....and that you can't blame the governor for.....but because he's not a Democrat....he gets all of the blame.

Democrats don't......Shit happens
I remember how Bush got blamed for Katrina.....but it was actually the Democrat governor and mayor that were to blame.
Ask Gavin Newsom how that inter-connectivity is working for him when he has his next round of rolling blackouts this summer with no climate event to blame it on.

..this was an ABnormal weather event ......has nothing to do with politics

Wow are you 12? People who live anywhere have lost power at one time or another....a week is about average time for a tornado or hurricane or frozen power lines. Do you also whine when your mommy doesn't go to the store on time?
It wasn't a tornado or a hurricane dude, it was some snow. frozen water. You don't even live here you have no idea what we are going through here.

NO WATER (showers, etc)
NO power for millions
NO Internet for millions
and all the roads are icy so going anywhere is tough

And you're sitting here comparing it to my "mommy going to the store".
it was an ABnormal event---ABnormal --not normal
DUH

Abbott goes on Fox ‘news’ to lie about the green new deal.

I once worked on a project in Dallas where were selling electronic equipment that would have to function in a metal case that was shaded but not climate controlled. The specification required that the equipment be tested at -40F.

But our test facility could not get down that low. They tried for weeks, then one of the engineers finally said, WTF, it never gets that cold in Dallas. He checked it, and it had NEVER gotten that cold in Dallas.

So we went back to the engineer who wrote the specs and asked him why he had specified minus 40 degrees. He sheepishly told us that he thought it was cool that -40 is the same in C and F, and that's why he picked it.

We got a waiver.

Sorry for the tangent.

Recall red State governors not blue State governors!

Does anyone here know how many Tesla owners nationwide have sold their magic Green New Deal miracle cars in the past 4 or 5 days to buy a gas buggy? Seems as though the Big T's batteries can't hold a charge in the extreme cold plus the drivers can't find charging stations that have power. Better get on AOC's Tweeter and ask her where is Plan B.

Does anyone here know how many Tesla owners nationwide have sold their magic Green New Deal miracle cars in the past 4 or 5 days to buy a gas buggy? Seems as though the Big T's batteries can't hold a charge in the extreme cold plus the drivers can't find charging stations that have power. Better get on AOC's Tweeter and ask her where is Plan B.
yes, but, electric! cars and trucks, buses and planes and trains- idiots don't know shit telling everyone how to do shit- SMH-

The real story is who is to blame. Windmill are being blamed for not working in a cold snap and because they are renewable.
Still they only supply a small amount of power to the grid.

Nuclear and gas failed also but hey they just provide twice as much power than windmills and they are not renewable.
If you keep whining your tears will freeze and that will hurt.

Sorry if facts hurt

My mom was without power for 12 days after Hurricane Lauren. It was all good, though. I purchased a generator for her house. Only an 8kw unit, but it was enough to stay somewhat confortable, keep the contents of the freezer from spoiling. It might be a good time for you to prepare your mom's home for a future event like this.

Shame on those wind mills...

1613696234782.png

Forum List

Back