Armed civilians shoot more criminals than police in 2020.....good for them.

Moron
, the 1.67 million is brand new research released last week by the Firearm Survey for 2020. I usually post 1.2 million defensive gun uses from research done by the Centers for Disease Control.

Then, You have 16 other studies by both government and private research groups.

You pull yours out of your ass, I have researxh going back to the 90s to 2020.
LOL..

Okay the 70M in my lifetime who supposedly had shootouts are only 55M or so.

Yet nobody is reporting these millions of gunfights....strange.

Shitbird….

Robber or rapist attacks the victim…. Victim draws their gun….. criminal runs away…… or surrenders….. or is shot and simply wounded….

That, you dumb ass is a defensive gun use. You raging moron…..

Gee, if that is what it takes to be a "use"....the wall around my condo stopped 50M burglaries then....

In no way did I ever make such a claim.

Never mentioned the cops in this thread....ever.

What I did say...for those interested in accuracy...is that the OP consistently trots out a laughable "1.67 million defensive gun uses per year.". Of which, again according to the OP, of that 1.67 million that allegedly took place last year, 343 resulted in the death of the "perpetrator". I put that in quotes because without a trial, we don't know if these people were actually doing what the killer said they were doing when they were shot and killed.

Anyway...according to the OP's statistics, of the 1,670,000 alleged defensive gun uses, 343 fatalities.

Meaning that 1,669,657 times a gun was used and no death occurred. That means there are either a lot of bad shots out there or the OP is full of shit (or both).
Again you just claimed only a death proves a fire arm use.

t_bc58bd18547b42b39d6e50e9058b7035_name_BDC6C6CD9D0D44549318A348EA1864E8.jpg

Just showing someone your gun to scare them off is a good way to get killed.

She has her finger on the trigger. If someone in the crowd would've shot her dead, it would've been self defense.

Again you just claimed only a death proves a fire arm use.
Again, I didn't remotely say that...

What I did say was It is highly unlikely that 1.6+ Million times there was an attempted crime, a shoot out, and nobody reported it, it didn't make the news, etc....

But since you're hung up on this.... take the 343 and divide it by the laughable figure that keeps getting brought up... 1.67 million. Here is the percentage of times a gunfight resulted in an alleged perpetrator's death...

1633131961995.png

And this doesn't count the times the gunfight resulted in the death of the person supposedly being attacked originally.... Gun nuts need to do better.... you're not stopping many "bad guys with a gun".... But then again you guys aren't really the good guys as we saw on 1/6.

Again, I didn't remotely say that...

What I did say was It is highly unlikely that 1.6+ Million times there was an attempted crime, a shoot out, and nobody reported it, it didn't make the news, etc....

But since you're hung up on this.... take the 343 and divide it by the laughable figure that keeps getting brought up... 1.67 million. Here is the percentage of times a gunfight resulted in an alleged perpetrator's death...

View attachment 546216

And this doesn't count the times the gunfight resulted in the death of the person supposedly being attacked originally.... Gun nuts need to do better.... you're not stopping many "bad guys with a gun".... But then again you guys aren't really the good guys as we saw on 1/6.
What part of no shoots fired are required dont you understand? you keep claim that shooting is required to prevent a crime tell us why cops dont have millions of shoot outs to prevent crime.

I agree. Yet amazingly I know of nobody who has had to do this…neither does @2aguy by the way. Of the people I know, none of them know of anyone who has been in a shootout either. The papers are not filled with accounts of the alleged 70 million gun defenses that have taken place during my lifetime…few of us are serenaded with the sounds of constant (or even random) gunfire outside of our homes.

Quite right.

Although 2AGuy would count any time a scared little white dude (such as himself) pointed a gun at a scary black person as a "Defensive Gun Use".

Quite right.

Although 2AGuy would count any time a scared little white dude (such as himself) pointed a gun at a scary black person as a "Defensive Gun Use".
I’m pretty sure that the laughable 1.67M gun uses statistic do not even involve drawing a weapon.

Few if any reading this have pulled a weapon in someone…Few if any know of anyone who has had to do it.

No sane person thinks there are that many defensive gun “uses”. Even the gun nuts have begun to broaden the definition of “use” to include not using it.

So the wall around my condo is preventing crime right now?
You didn't answer my question
How is it you do not understand the use of a gun in self-defense does not in any way necessarily include the discharge of said gun?
Clearly, since you incorrectly believe the defensive useof a gun must involve a shoot-out, you incorrectly believe a person can only defend himself with gun by disharging it -- I just want to know why.
Well?

Gee, if that is what it takes to be a "use"....the wall around my condo stopped 50M burglaries then....

Hey...dipshit....is this a defensive gun use? You tell us.....

Lancaster Woman Scares Off Bat-Wielding Attackers By Pulling Gun On Them

LANCASTER, Ohio - It happened along a walking path in Lancaster.

Dinah Burns is licensed to carry a concealed gun, but she'd only recently started taking her weapon while walking her dog.

Based on what happened, it looks like she'll make a point of carrying from now on.

"I think if they'd gotten any closer, I probably would have fired,” said Burns.

It was Monday when Burns was on a footpath near Sanderson Elementary School.

"Two gentlemen came out of the woods, one holding a baseball bat, and said 'You're coming with us'."

The men weren't deterred by Dinah's dog Gracie.

"I said, 'Well, what do you want?,' and as I was saying that I reached in to my pocket and slipped my gun out, slipped the safety off as I pulled it out. As I was doing that the other gentleman came toward me and raised the baseball bat. And, I pointed the gun at them and said, 'I have this and I'm not afraid to use it.'"

The men took off and so far have eluded police. Dinah posted about the incident on Facebook to alert friends and neighbors, to criticism by some.

"Most of the males' opinion was, 'Why didn't you shoot them?'"

Easy to second-guess a decision made under pressure, based on her concealed carry training, and police agree.

"To get out of a situation, back out, get out of it as much as you can without having to discharge your firearm."

"I will say it's a good thing to go from a place of danger to a place of safety, however you get that done,” said Sgt. Matt Chambers, Lancaster Police.

"Very thankful that it turned out the way it did, and hope it doesn't happen again, but I will be prepared."

Hey....dipshit.....are these defensive gun uses....

CCW IN ACTION: Armed 22-Year-Old Woman Stops Three Men Attempting To Rob Her In Store Parking Lot – Concealed Nation

OKLAHOMA CITY, OKLAHOMA — A concealed carrier successfully thwarted the efforts of three men to rob her late at night outside a Dollar Tree. According to police reports from the scene, the woman was exiting the Dollar Tree and heading to her car when she was approached by a man and asked to walk with him. When she refused, he point-blank told her he was going to rob her of her purse.

At this point, according to KOCO, she was presented by two other men backing up the first. She withdrew her concealed carry pistol from her purse and threatened to use it to protect herself. All three men quickly exited and fled the scene.
===========

Woman Scares off Assailant With Stick. Just Kidding, it was a gun.

Just before 7pm on Wednesday night, a 29 year-old woman had gathered up her dog and headed outside to… well, to let her dog do what dogs do.

Upon her first step outside her Minot, North Dakota home, she was hit solidly in the face with a blunt object, knocking her backward down the stairs and into her home.

Her assailant followed her into her home and started to approach her, but the woman had made it to a cabinet where she retrieved a handgun to protect herself and her home.

When confronted with the firearm, the violent intruder and would-be robber/rapist/murderer fled the scene.

The smart, independent, gun-owning woman did not require medical attention, most likely due to the fact that she was able to pull a weapon on her assailant to end the attack.
==============

And these, dipshit.....no shots fired...criminals captured or run off by the gun owner...

Concealed Carrier Holds Burglar At Gunpoint With Her FNX .45

CLEVELAND, TENNESSEE — A woman successfully subdued a would-be burglar outside her home using her FNX .45. The suspect, James Jeffrey Dunn, was allegedly trying to break in through her front door late at night. She got her handgun and confronted the burglar, according to WRCB. Once at the doorway, she yelled through the door for him to stay put and not move. Moments later, she confronted him head-on — handgun drawn and ready to go.

via WRCB

“I tried to order him to stay right where he was at and I pointed the gun at him and I came running off the porch and I came within 10 feet of him and he laid the bicycle down and he crumpled on top of the bicycle,” she says.

She held him at gunpoint until Cleveland Police arrived and arrested Dunn, 35, on charges of aggravated burglary, theft, and burglary of a motor vehicle. Police note that Dunn had an arrest sheet tallying over 40 charges — the most recent being only 6 hours prior to his attempted burglary of this concealed carrier.

“We went over this when we got my concealed carry permit, these types of scenarios. But I had already put that gun up and ever taken it out since, you know?” she says. “Maybe to go the range once.”

When we talk about the new generation of concealed carriers, let’s take a good long look at the realities these people are facing: hardened, career criminals unafraid to bust through the door or do damage to private property and persons. It’s a good thing this woman had the proper training she needed and the right equipment.

======

Armed South Carolina Woman Chases Off Daytime Home Invader - The Truth About Guns

When Ms. Reeves ran across Ralph Goss slithering around inside her home yesterday in the middle of the afternoon, she drew her firearm. Staring down that barrel was enough to change Goss’s mind about whatever it was he had planned.

“I’m one of those people that can go from zero to a hundred in 2.5 seconds and I’m not a nice person normally, but as soon as I got on the phone with the sheriff’s department he was out of sight. The severity of it hit me, and I was in hysterics. I was crying, I was scared, I was very shaken.”

Oconee County deputies tracked Goss down within hours of Ms. Reeves’ call. And surprise! He already had several outstanding warrants for his arrest.

===============

I know you are dumb...really dumb.....and that you think you are clever by trying to say the only time a gun is "used" is when it is fired, which allows you to deny 18 different studies on the defensive use of guns by armed citizens...

It is that level of dumbness and dishonesty that reveals that giving in to morons like you would really be stupid...

We know who you are, we know what you want, we know what you will do to get what you want...and we will fight you every step of the way...

You didn't answer my question
How is it you do not understand the use of a gun in self-defense does not in any way necessarily include the discharge of said gun?
Because it's not a "use" if you don't use it. I have a hammer under my sink. I haven't driven any nails into the wall today...hence I haven't used it.

Forum List

Back