Aren't all gun control laws unconstitutional?

never been refused a loan or an apartment because I have a CC permit nor has anyone I have asked to bid ona job refused because I have CC permit.

I have performed CORI checks on people and never once has any info regarding gun ownership been on any one of those checks. A basic landlord check does not contain that info either.

There is no easy way to get the data on permits that are public record in any state

Bullshit. Realitors & gentlemen have behind-the-scenes access to much, much more than a basic landlord check. Every detail of our private lives is recorded for posterity & instantly accessible in full detail to all of you fuckers without any extra fees or charges.

Like what?

I've been a landlord for a long time so why don't you tell me how to get info on people for free.

I run credit checks, CORI checks and landlord checks and none of them have ever been free

Nothing in life is free.

No shit , Sherlock tell that to the idiot who said it was

laws are laws does one murder trump another murder?
Of course not. I’m just not sure why you are equating gun ownership with murder.
I was not doing what you suggested
Your position for restricting the second amendment was making this comparisons
"There are laws against: slander, perjury, false advertising, fraud, false statements to police, incitement to riot, etc. not all speech is protected."
As I said we have laws against murder and assault you can't just go out and kill anyone you must have a lawful reason to do it.
The crimes I mentioned are directly related to and restrictions on free speech.
Laws against assault and murder are not directly related to jeeping and bearing arms and are not restrictions on it. So your analogy fails.

The point is that no rights are unlimited.
Allowing defendants in court cases to be armed during their trial is enough of a public safety concern to justify a ban on weapons in court houses.

For the last gun I bought, I had to pay a $10 fee and wait 15 minutes for a background check. That in no way infringed on my right to own a gun. Does the minor annoyance of having to wait a few minutes outweigh making it a little more difficult for those who shouldn’t have guns to get them?

Some laws, especially those in California, Massachusetts, DC, NYC, New Jersey, are so overly restrictive that they infringe. But not all laws. None in my state.

You are wrong on so many levels. The worst one is thinking that a background check does not infringe on your Rights. I'd reread the Bill of Rights if I were you and then think about the way that precedent could be expanded - besides if you can't be trusted to own a firearm, what in the Hell are you doing running around loose???
How am I less able to keep and bear arms by having a basic criminal record check?

Irrelevant. Where was the probable cause to dig into your background? You submitted to a background check in order to exercise a constitutional right? What's wrong with you?

Every state has different laws. Until a few years ago in Georgia if an employer said you could not carry a weapon, even in your car in the parking lot, then you absolutely could not do it.

Today, however, you CAN have your weapon in your car, regardless of whether or not an employer agrees. The only exception is if the employer fences in the property and only allows employees access to a company parking lot. As long as their parking lot is accessible to the public, you can have your weapon in the vehicle.

Here is a look at which states have public access laws to a ccw:

Chart: Gun permit data accessibility in all 50 states

If something is a matter of public record it is accessible to anyone doing a background check on you. People can look and then refuse you employment, services, loans, etc. without stating that as a reason.

I've never been refused a loan or an apartment because I have a CC permit nor has anyone I have asked to bid ona job refused because I have CC permit.

I have performed CORI checks on people and never once has any info regarding gun ownership been on any one of those checks. A basic landlord check does not contain that info either.

There is no easy way to get the data on permits that are public record in any state and I doubt an employer is going to pay to have someone go to a state office and ask for gun permit records

How To Find Out If Someone Has A Gun Permit

If your state does allow public access to gun permit records, it’s not a matter of simply looking up the information online. You must make a formal request, either via your county clerk or state justice department.

Just because a task isn't easy or it requires one to get off their butt and go to the courthouse does not mean it cannot be done NOR that it isn't being done.

In the days before the Internet my brother worked for a company called Circuit City. They wanted to transfer him from sales to a warehouse management position for the same money. He didn't want the extra responsibility. Circuit City looked into his background and found that he had paid a fine for having thrown some firecrackers that were bound together (by their fuses) at a neighbor's dog. The case was 17 years old! My brother told me, "that happened when I was 17. I had forgotten about it until they brought it up."

Just because YOU haven't witnessed this stuff doesn't mean it doesn't happen. There is a man who spends his days documenting the political activities of those who do things like participate in marches - specifically, Charlottesville sticks out. Armed with evidence of their "racist" activities, this guy brings it to the attention of employers, banks / lending institutions, and anyone else in the neighborhood.

I've been asked the question of whether I own a firearm by potential employers and by doctors. Disbelieve all you want. If / when it happens, check back in with us.

How often is it being done?

Seriously how many times have you been denied a job because you own a gun and like I said all the info anyone can get from public records is whether or not you have some sort of permit there will be no info that proves you own any guns

And your brother had a CORI check done on him like millions of other people do so don't try to equate a criminal record check with your claims that you have been denied jobs because you own a gun

If I posted a hundred examples of people not getting a job because they own a firearm, you would STILL deny it. Just to prove you're full of yourself, let's do one. Can't wait for that snappy comeback instead of an apology admitting that it does happen. How many times does it happen where an anti-gun fanatic finds out via government records and finds ANOTHER pretext to get rid of an employee on? But then again (sarcasm intended), that would never happen.

Company Fires Employee For Having Gun...IN HIS OWN HOME - Bullets First

So you got one huh? And FYI the guy wasn't fired because someone did a background check.

Tell me did this guy take his employer to court for firing him without cause?

You know what I know about that case. And I told you even if we could show that people were being fired for being gun owners, you'd be denying it. It has already been shown that with minimal effort, you can use public records to access a person's ccw information. Can you prove that the government is keeping up with WHO accesses your information and for what purpose?

never been refused a loan or an apartment because I have a CC permit nor has anyone I have asked to bid ona job refused because I have CC permit.

There is no easy way to get the data on permits that are public record in any state

Bullshit. Realitors & gentlemen have behind-the-scenes access to much, much more than a basic landlord check. Every detail of our private lives is recorded for posterity & instantly accessible in full detail to all of you fuckers without any extra fees or charges.

Like what?

I've been a landlord for a long time so why don't you tell me how to get info on people for free.

I run credit checks, CORI checks and landlord checks and none of them have ever been free

Nothing in life is free.

Dude, the argument from your side of this issue was that you couldn't access a person's records online. Yeah, it takes a little effort. The stuff about CORI records was simply a deflection.

Do ex-cons maintain that right, or did they cede it by committing a crime?
Ex-cons mean they are out of prison and have paid their debt to society and should retain their rights.

For this reason, gun owners should be more activist in their lobbying to force the government to require rehabilitation before someone gets out of prison.

If the government allows people to get out of prison and that individual is still committing crimes, then the government isn't doing their job. If a man pays his debt to society then when he comes home, he still has a duty to protect and defend himself and his family. It is immoral and unconscionable to think a man could not protect his wife and children over an infraction of the law he paid for - sometimes decades ago.

I've never been refused a loan or an apartment because I have a CC permit nor has anyone I have asked to bid ona job refused because I have CC permit.

There is no easy way to get the data on permits that are public record in any state and I doubt an employer is going to pay to have someone go to a state office and ask for gun permit records

How To Find Out If Someone Has A Gun Permit

If your state does allow public access to gun permit records, it’s not a matter of simply looking up the information online. You must make a formal request, either via your county clerk or state justice department.

Just because a task isn't easy or it requires one to get off their butt and go to the courthouse does not mean it cannot be done NOR that it isn't being done.

In the days before the Internet my brother worked for a company called Circuit City. They wanted to transfer him from sales to a warehouse management position for the same money. He didn't want the extra responsibility. Circuit City looked into his background and found that he had paid a fine for having thrown some firecrackers that were bound together (by their fuses) at a neighbor's dog. The case was 17 years old! My brother told me, "that happened when I was 17. I had forgotten about it until they brought it up."

Just because YOU haven't witnessed this stuff doesn't mean it doesn't happen. There is a man who spends his days documenting the political activities of those who do things like participate in marches - specifically, Charlottesville sticks out. Armed with evidence of their "racist" activities, this guy brings it to the attention of employers, banks / lending institutions, and anyone else in the neighborhood.

I've been asked the question of whether I own a firearm by potential employers and by doctors. Disbelieve all you want. If / when it happens, check back in with us.

Seriously how many times have you been denied a job because you own a gun and like I said all the info anyone can get from public records is whether or not you have some sort of permit there will be no info that proves you own any guns

And your brother had a CORI check done on him like millions of other people do so don't try to equate a criminal record check with your claims that you have been denied jobs because you own a gun

If I posted a hundred examples of people not getting a job because they own a firearm, you would STILL deny it. Just to prove you're full of yourself, let's do one. Can't wait for that snappy comeback instead of an apology admitting that it does happen. How many times does it happen where an anti-gun fanatic finds out via government records and finds ANOTHER pretext to get rid of an employee on? But then again (sarcasm intended), that would never happen.

So you got one huh? And FYI the guy wasn't fired because someone did a background check.

You know what I know about that case. And I told you even if we could show that people were being fired for being gun owners, you'd be denying it. It has already been shown that with minimal effort, you can use public records to access a person's ccw information. Can you prove that the government is keeping up with WHO accesses your information and for what purpose?
So some anecdote and nothing more

Lots of things are public record always have been always will be.

And like I said all anyone can get is confirmation that I have a CC permit. They can't get the application data or any data on any guns I may own.

If someone fires you for that then you have a law suit that you will win.

Like what?

Nothing in life is free.

Dude, the argument from your side of this issue was that you couldn't access a person's records online. Yeah, it takes a little effort. The stuff about CORI records was simply a deflection.

You can't get the info on line.

I already told you that you have to make the request in person at a state office and you still won't get any info on whether or not anyone owns any guns.

Do you really think a person is going to do that every time someone applies for a job or wants to rent an apartment?

IF it happens it doesn't happen often enough to merit your outrage

You're full of shit. That kind don't play fair. They strike below the belt. They spike your coffee or dope your lunch, there's a lady pressing charges against you for some kind of alleged vaguely sex-related offense. Anything you say can and will be used against you in court. You don't have a snowball's chance in hell of winning a gun lawsuit in court with a bunch of liberal gun-banning lawyers & judges + a city hall picked jury.

You're full of shit. That kind don't play fair. They strike below the belt. They spike your coffee or dope your lunch, there's a lady pressing charges against you for some kind of alleged vaguely sex-related offense. Anything you say can and will be used against you in court. You don't have a snowball's chance in hell of winning a gun lawsuit in court with a bunch of liberal gun-banning lawyers & judges + a city hall picked jury.

Look up unhinged in the dictionary and you'll see your picture

Ex-cons mean they are out of prison and have paid their debt to society and should retain their rights.

I agree, but would point out what I think is an important point.

There was a time when someone convicted of a serious enough crime to merit concern about whether he should retain his right to keep and bear arms, served his sentence at the end of a rope. Now, after completing such a sentence, I still have no problem with that criminal retaining his Second Amendment rights, other than that I think it would be a waste to bury valuable and useful property with the executed body the owner thereof, when that property could instead be used for the benefit of those still living.

And like I said all anyone can get is confirmation that I have a CC permit. They can't get the application data or any data on any guns I may own.

You have no idea how hard it would be to find a lawyer - even in the NRA for that.

Like what?

Nothing in life is free.

I already told you that you have to make the request in person at a state office and you still won't get any info on whether or not anyone owns any guns.

Do you really think a person is going to do that every time someone applies for a job or wants to rent an apartment?

Do you really think you're telling me I haven't already stated as fact in this thread? Did you forget post # 48 that fast?

My experience is that if someone can get something by digging for it, somebody out there is making it easier to get for a price. If people want rid of you, they will find a reason. So, BFD, people have to work in order to invade your privacy. How long before someone is doing this for a profit and it is commonplace? SURPRISE!!! It is being done. What makes you think that high dollar rollers don't already do this stuff?

I'm not going to try and convince you. Little infringements become larger ones as they become more and more profitable. If you choose to wallow in ignorance, you have every legal Right to do so, but it still won't make you right.

Even when you have a president that advocates "take the guns - Due Process later" It becomes impossible to make some people think. I had a boss that used to tell his employees: "any man that don't use his head may as well have been born with two assholes."

The intent of the founders and framers AND the earliest court rulings (including the United States Supreme Court) acknowledged that the Right to keep and bear Arms is a natural, inherent, irrevocable unalienable, absolute, God given Right that existed before the Constitution was written and the Right is above the reach of government.

Even when you have a president that advocates "take the guns - Due Process later" It becomes impossible to make some people think. I had a boss that used to tell his employees: "any man that don't use his head may as well have been born with two assholes."

The intent of the founders and framers AND the earliest court rulings (including the United States Supreme Court) acknowledged that the Right to keep and bear Arms is a natural, inherent, irrevocable unalienable, absolute, God given Right that existed before the Constitution was written and the Right is above the reach of government.
This is why I say leftist and antitrumpers are stupid. They are going after Trump the wrong way. Making up crap that never happened. but when it comes to guns trump is his own worse enemy

You have no idea how hard it would be to find a lawyer - even in the NRA for that.

I can find a listing of hundreds of lawyers in .2 Google seconds

Like what?

Nothing in life is free.

Do you really think you're telling me I haven't already stated as fact in this thread? Did you forget post # 48 that fast?

My experience is that if someone can get something by digging for it, somebody out there is making it easier to get for a price. If people want rid of you, they will find a reason. So, BFD, people have to work in order to invade your privacy. How long before someone is doing this for a profit and it is commonplace? SURPRISE!!! It is being done. What makes you think that high dollar rollers don't already do this stuff?

I'm not going to try and convince you. Little infringements become larger ones as they become more and more profitable. If you choose to wallow in ignorance, you have every legal Right to do so, but it still won't make you right.

I know what's public record and what isn't and I know that someone finding out I have a CC permit is no big deal.

If they want to waste their time and money to find out I have a CC permit IDGAF because it is nothing that can be used against me.

The intent of the 2nd was to empower the citizen populace ability to confront a rouge governance via armed militia(s)

This is so over the top broken , it's a joke beyond words

Those arguing it are no more than jingoistic tools

~S~

The intent of the 2nd was to empower the citizen populace ability to confront a rouge governance via armed militia(s)

This is so over the top broken , it's a joke beyond words

Those arguing it are no more than jingoistic tools

~S~

That intent also allows the private ownership of firearms since an unarmed populace can't confront a rouge government

Forum List

Back