Are you American?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBasdIOVY7c]There Is No England Now (Living On a Thin Line) - YouTube[/ame]

England has allowed Sharia Law in their own country.
England has banned guns.
England still recognizes Kings and Queens.

There was a reason we kicked you out, but alas the Liberal Idiots in this country love you so much that they want England here.

So if it will make you feel better, I'll slam you as a Liberal Idiot so you feel like you belong to the whole group.

Anything to make you happy skippy.

In Britain, Police Arrest Twitter And Facebook Users If They Make Anti-Muslim Statements - Business Insider

British police are arresting people in the middle of the night if they have made racist or anti-Muslim comments on Twitter following the murder of a soldier by two Muslims in Woolwich, London.
Three men have so far been taken into custody for using Twitter and Facebook to criticize Muslims.

In the Woolwich attack, Lee Rigby, a drummer in the Royal Regiment of Fusliers, was run down in a car and then hacked and stabbed to death by two men with knives and a cleaver. They told a man video recording the scene that it was vengeance for the killings of Muslims by the British Army.

One man has been charged with "malicious communications" on Facebook, the Daily Mail reports.

Two others have been arrested under the Public Order Act on suspicion of inciting racial or religious hatred. The police are now arresting people based on mere speech in social media, a detective said in a statement to the press:

'The men were arrested under the Public Order Act on suspicion of inciting racial or religious hatred. Our inquiries into these comments continue.

'These comments were directed against a section of our community. Comments such as these are completely unacceptable and only cause more harm to our community in Bristol.

'People should stop and think about what they say on social media before making statements as the consequences could be serious.'

The arrests come at the behest of British Muslims, who fear a backlash against them following the death of Rigby, The New York Times says:

The police and Muslim groups have said that there have been anti-Muslim episodes in many parts of the country, the most common involving derogatory messages on social media sites like Twitter and Facebook.

A number of arrests have been made, with criminal charges being leveled in some cases under laws against inciting racial or religious hatred, and Muslim community leaders have reported rising concern among the estimated 2.5 million Muslims in Britain.

Two men were detained in the middle of the night after they expressed anger at Muslims on Twitter. The Independent quotes police as saying:

"We began inquiries into the comments and at around 3.20am two men, aged 23 and 22, were detained at two addresses in Bristol.

"The men were arrested under the Public Order Act on suspicion of inciting racial or religious hatred. Our inquiries into these comments continue."

In Britain, Police Arrest Twitter And Facebook Users If They Make Anti-Muslim Statements - Business Insider

British police are arresting people in the middle of the night if they have made racist or anti-Muslim comments on Twitter following the murder of a soldier by two Muslims in Woolwich, London.
Three men have so far been taken into custody for using Twitter and Facebook to criticize Muslims.

In the Woolwich attack, Lee Rigby, a drummer in the Royal Regiment of Fusliers, was run down in a car and then hacked and stabbed to death by two men with knives and a cleaver. They told a man video recording the scene that it was vengeance for the killings of Muslims by the British Army.

One man has been charged with "malicious communications" on Facebook, the Daily Mail reports.

Two others have been arrested under the Public Order Act on suspicion of inciting racial or religious hatred. The police are now arresting people based on mere speech in social media, a detective said in a statement to the press:

'The men were arrested under the Public Order Act on suspicion of inciting racial or religious hatred. Our inquiries into these comments continue.

'These comments were directed against a section of our community. Comments such as these are completely unacceptable and only cause more harm to our community in Bristol.

'People should stop and think about what they say on social media before making statements as the consequences could be serious.'

The arrests come at the behest of British Muslims, who fear a backlash against them following the death of Rigby, The New York Times says:

The police and Muslim groups have said that there have been anti-Muslim episodes in many parts of the country, the most common involving derogatory messages on social media sites like Twitter and Facebook.

A number of arrests have been made, with criminal charges being leveled in some cases under laws against inciting racial or religious hatred, and Muslim community leaders have reported rising concern among the estimated 2.5 million Muslims in Britain.

Two men were detained in the middle of the night after they expressed anger at Muslims on Twitter. The Independent quotes police as saying:

"We began inquiries into the comments and at around 3.20am two men, aged 23 and 22, were detained at two addresses in Bristol.

"The men were arrested under the Public Order Act on suspicion of inciting racial or religious hatred. Our inquiries into these comments continue."

Maybe it's time for Britain to finally get a written constitution spelling out freedom of speech and all that. Just a thought.

I'm often asked if I'm American but, upon telling people I'm English, their harsh voice becomes friendly and happy.

Why do you think that is?

Come now Fred. Tell the good people the whole truth...that you converted to Islam and moved to Indonesia.

You say that as if it's some sort of secret.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/introduce-yourself/233184-fred.html

Of course, upon asking if I'm American or not, I don't reply in Arabic with a load of references to the Almighty Allah so they have sod all idea about my religion but most assume I'm a Christian of some sort.
If the conversation continues, it often does, they will then question my religion in one way or another and are usually nothing short of shocked when they find out I'm a Muslim.
That of course, is after the attitude has already changed.

There is a bad side to some people. We have a lot here known for their very extreme nationalist ideas and their rejection of anything non Muslims and non Indonesian.
They commonly used the Muslim greeting as a challenge; rather than how it was intended.
Frankly, although I reply properly (In Arabic), I feel a lot more like telling them to go fuck themselves for abusing what should be a friendly way to welcome someone.

Maybe it's time for Britain to finally get a written constitution spelling out freedom of speech and all that. Just a thought.

June 15, 1215

:lol:

The Magna Carta has got to be the worlds most feeble expression of the rights of man.

The Anglophiles go on and on an on about it as though it were a model law for free men.

Read it sometime and get back to me about how free it made the people of England back in 1215.

Basically its an agreement between WISE GUYS about their relationship to the DON.

Last edited:
I'm often asked if I'm American but, upon telling people I'm English, their harsh voice becomes friendly and happy.

I just traveled through several countries and the fact that I am from the US was insignificant, it was the way i treated people that caused me to be welcomed and treated with respect.

Think this one over Indofred, you would make a very nice sandwich out the the baloney you are serving out in this thread...:doubt:

I just traveled through several countries and the fact that I am from the US was insignificant, it was the way i treated people that caused me to be welcomed and treated with respect.

Think this one over Indofred, you would make a very nice sandwich out the the baloney you are serving out in this thread...:doubt:

Firstly, I can't comment on any countries except Malaysia and Indonesia.
I tend to go to areas most foreigners never see so I see what most people do not.
In your travels, can you honestly say you visited illegal villages, rubbish dumps and very poor areas in general or did you stay in nice hotels and travel everywhere by car?

The vast majority of foreigners see bugger all in countries they visit but I get around, searching the places posh people don't care to talk about over a black tie dinner.

How many times have you visited a rubbish collector in his home and how many times have you travelled through wooden constructed villages, with rats in the homes and toilets that drain directly into the river.
Do you visit people in villages who's houses are simple timber with a hard dirt floor and who earns US$20 per month?
How many school visits to rubbish dumps have you organised?

When you've done these things, get back to me with well researched comments.

I tend to go to areas most foreigners never see so I see what most people do not.
In your travels, can you honestly say you visited illegal villages, rubbish dumps and very poor areas in general or did you stay in nice hotels and travel everywhere by car?

The vast majority of foreigners see bugger all in countries they visit but I get around, searching the places posh people don't care to talk about over a black tie dinner.

How many times have you visited a rubbish collector in his home and how many times have you travelled through wooden constructed villages, with rats in the homes and toilets that drain directly into the river.
Do you visit people in villages who's houses are simple timber with a hard dirt floor and who earns US$20 per month?

That whole tirade makes me glad to be an American

Jamaicans cant stand Canadians.
They talk shit about em all the time. Say they are the cheapest MF's on the planet.
One of the waiters at our favorite restaurant had a canadian couple leave a two dollar tip on a 150.00 dollar dinner. This appears to be pretty typical of canadians.

Britain's equivalent of a constitution has developed in haphazard fashion over centuries, building on common law, case law, historical documents, Acts of Parliament and European legislation. What they have now seems to work pretty good. "It it ain't broke, don't fix it,"

Britain's equivalent of a constitution has developed in haphazard fashion over centuries, building on common law, case law, historical documents, Acts of Parliament and European legislation. What they have now seems to work pretty good. "It it ain't broke, don't fix it,"

It's not working too well if people are getting dragged out of their homes in the middle of the night over a tweet or some such.

What the hell does all that 'aren't I special?' BS have to do with the topic?

That whole tirade makes me glad to be an American

Your answer makes me glad I'm a human with a beating heart.

A poster claimed he had greater knowledge.
I suspect, unless he meets a wide cross section of the people and sees how they live, he does not.

A poster claimed he had greater knowledge.
I suspect, unless he meets a wide cross section of the people and sees how they live, he does not.

You didn't mention "a wide cross section," you just went on and on about how you've met poor people (a truly astonishing accomplishment in a world full of poor people, btw).

In Buffalo, they don't slice it but barbecue it on the grill as a 'roast'......... a totally different animal from the other local delicacy 'roast beef on weck'.

I'm thinking Fredsie was hoping for an American roast here.......

Forum List

Back