Votes: 2 50.0%
  • No, except for physical upkeep.

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters

anotherlife

Gold Member
Nov 17, 2012
Cross-Atlantic
Are property taxes ethical, or are they just one of those liberal robberies that everyone is happily used to.

I can understand that property taxes are needed for the physical upkeep of a property, such as trash collection, sewage, fire and police services, but not beyond that.

All further property taxes are simply punitive, degrading your property ownership into some rental arrangement from the government, like a serf.

What states don't have property taxes, if any?

Discuss.

If I don't pay my property tax, the government will take my property from me. Thus, I don't really own "my property", I am renting it from the government.

Are property taxes ethical, or are they just one of those liberal robberies that everyone is happily used to.

I can understand that property taxes are needed for the physical upkeep of a property, such as trash collection, sewage, fire and police services, but not beyond that.

All further property taxes are simply punitive, degrading your property ownership into some rental arrangement from the government, like a serf.

Discuss.
In Nassau County the Rs are also crooks.

Definition of ethical
1 : of or relating to ethics ethical theories

2 : involving or expressing moral approval or disapproval ethical judgments

3 : conforming to accepted standards of conduct ethical behavior​

Not sure why they would not be .. be ethical in a nation with a representative form of government

Discuss.
In Nassau County the Rs are also crooks.

When it comes to sheering the flock ... every party and every ideology agrees ... they must give up that wool ... for the 'greater good'.

da7a4e76bb2fc8af8edfd2bdf9095242.jpg

Unethical? Not sure that is the right term. Annoying maybe. Especially when it seems most of my property taxes go to fund public schools and roads both of which never seem to improve.

If I don't pay my property tax, the government will take my property from me. Thus, I don't really own "my property", I am renting it from the government.

Allodial rights to property was lost due to the Chapter 11 bankruptcy of USA.INC and all property (as well as our labor) was pledged as surety against the debt.

Senate Document # 43; SENATE RESOLUTION NO. 62 (Pg 9, Para 2) April 17, 1933. "The ultimate ownership of all property is in the State; individual so-called "ownership"is only by virtue of Government, i.e., law, amounting to mere user; and use must be in accordance with law and subordinate to the necessities of the State".

I have always paid my taxes and have no ethical objection to them generally. There are specifics that I object to. These objections have mainly to do with sources and how they are used.

Forum List

Back