Applicants ‘functionally illiterate in English’ accepted by the Met in bid to improve diversity

Drop Dead Fred

Platinum Member
Jun 6, 2020
Good news for people who support affirmative action.

Bad news for people who support meritocracy.

I support meritocracy because I want bridges that don't fall down, airplanes that don't crash, doctors who don't kill their patients, and police who know how to read.

Applicants ‘functionally illiterate in English’ accepted by the Met in bid to improve diversity

HM Inspectorate says while it is ‘noble and right’ recruitment should not be at the expense of standards

By Martin Evans

26 January 2023

Applicants to the police who can barely write in English are being accepted by the Met in an attempt to improve diversity, one of His Majesty’s Inspectorate of Constabulary has warned.

HMI Matt Parr said that while it was entirely “noble and right” that Scotland Yard was aiming to be more representative of the community it policed, it should not be at the expense of standards.

In 2021, Dame Cressida Dick, the then Met Commissioner, declared it was the force’s aspiration to recruit 40 per cent of its officers from the black and ethnic minority communities by 2023.

It depends on what they mean by that. A man can be illiterate in English, but could be a brilliant Frenchman. They don't have to speak English, they just have to build me some quality product.

Policemen have to INTERACT with the public.

Kinda hard to do when all you can muster is gibberish to the other guy.

All part of God removing His blessings on the formerly Christian West.

Thank the rabid God Haters
It'll only get worse.

We have a functionally illiterate diversity VP, so why not spread the wealth.
The problem with these people is they celebrate the culture they entered this country for but have nothing but destain for the only culture they know will improve their lives

Immigration needed to be carefully regulated. It's pretty much too late. At a certain point, the dregs outnumber the Patriots and it's just over l. We're pretty much there.

This is how democracy dies

• Thanks
Reactions: DBA
You shouldn't even be in this country (visitors aside) unless you speak and write English.

In Switzerland you can't even become a citizen unless you fluently speak their language.

But that's one of our problems. We worry about hiring the right skin color, the right gender, the right pronouns. No one wants to hire the best person for the job.

One day job applications will just have a couple boxes to check for skin color, gender and pronoun and that's it.

In 2021, Dame Cressida Dick, the then Met Commissioner, declared it was the force’s aspiration to recruit 40 per cent of its officers from the black and ethnic minority communities by 2023.
Is the UK 40% black?

I cant believe that

We have a functionally illiterate diversity VP, so why not spread the wealth.

I guess you failed to notice that this isn’t even an American story FuckBoi. The story is from Britain. You don’t have a “constabulary” in the USA.

We have a lot of functionally, illiterate, posters like you here, who can’t even read so you’re in no position to judge.

Good news for people who support affirmative action.

Bad news for people who support meritocracy.

I support meritocracy because I want bridges that don't fall down, airplanes that don't crash, doctors who don't kill their patients, and police who know how to read.

HM Inspectorate says while it is ‘noble and right’ recruitment should not be at the expense of standards

By Martin Evans

26 January 2023

Applicants to the police who can barely write in English are being accepted by the Met in an attempt to improve diversity, one of His Majesty’s Inspectorate of Constabulary has warned.

HMI Matt Parr said that while it was entirely “noble and right” that Scotland Yard was aiming to be more representative of the community it policed, it should not be at the expense of standards.

This worked out so well in Memphis.

Ok, but I gather that anyone not white is included in the 40% group

Is the UK less than 60% white?

Without looking up the actual numbers I dont that thats true either
The ONLY race I've ever encountered, unwilling to even attempt to speak understandable English would be the "Amish". These rules are always put in place to "help" bring them along.

Is the UK less than 60% white?

Without looking up the actual numbers I dont that thats true either
82% of people in England and Wales are white, and 18% belong to a black, Asian, mixed or other ethnic group

82% of people in England and Wales are white, and 18% belong to a black, Asian, mixed or other ethnic group
Since it does not have to be fair why not limit non whites to 10% or better yet 5% of the new recruits?

Forum List

Back