AP: Obama has delegates to clinch nomination, Clinton open to idea of VP

So a friend of a friend has inside knowledge of what both Clinton and Obama think?

No, these are people who are higher ups in the Democratic party, and they base that assessment on first-hand knowledge of what is going on in the campaigns and inside the party. Unless they're lying to me, which is possible, but they're pretty loyal Dems and I can't see why they'd do that.

Some Hillary supporters care more about her than they do themselves, which is scary. If you are a Dem who is willing to vote republican despite your views or stance on the issues than hey so be it, but no ONE person should be bigger than this country progressing in the RIGHT direction; I challenge you all to put your feelings aside and vote based on the issues.

People should be making their decisions based on issues all along. This cult of personality nonsense, or let's make history nonsense, is ridiculous.

Some Hillary supporters care more about her than they do themselves, which is scary. If you are a Dem who is willing to vote republican despite your views or stance on the issues than hey so be it, but no ONE person should be bigger than this country progressing in the RIGHT direction; I challenge you all to put your feelings aside and vote based on the issues.

Will do, which is why I'm voting McCain.

People should be making their decisions based on issues all along. This cult of personality nonsense, or let's make history nonsense, is ridiculous.

It is...and that's another thing I don't like about Obama. The slavish cult-worship of his fans is a little unsettling.

Yeah, Ravir. There's some of that. I think you see it with respect to Clinton as well, though to a smaller degree. Watching the crowds during all of the speeches, GOP and Dem, made me cringe at the sheeple in attendance.

So you do not really care about the issues b/c if you did you would be willing to vote for someone who shares similar views as your candidate correct???

Obama isn't necessarily the obvious choice for Hillary supporters. Hillary is more of a moderate Democrat. Obama is a left-wing Democrat. McCain is a moderate Republican. Depending on exactly where you fall on the spectrum, it isn't impossible that someone who supports Hillary would have more in common, philosophically, with McCain than Obama, is it?

Yeah, Ravir. There's some of that. I think you see it with respect to Clinton as well, though to a smaller degree. Watching the crowds during all of the speeches, GOP and Dem, made me cringe at the sheeple in attendance.

Yeah, those wacky Hillary women at last weekends event...but the bazillion vacant-eyed Obamabots really give me pause.

Plus, I wanted to say slavish without sounding racist.

;)

You know...

Hillary has already injected the idea of assassination into the conversation. If she's still in touch with whoever killed Vince Foster, that might explain why she's suddenly open to the VP slot. Where's my tinfoil hat when I need it ?!?

Obama isn't necessarily the obvious choice for Hillary supporters. Hillary is more of a moderate Democrat. Obama is a left-wing Democrat. McCain is a moderate Republican. Depending on exactly where you fall on the spectrum, it isn't impossible that someone who supports Hillary would have more in common, philosophically, with McCain than Obama, is it?

McCain is a liberal dressed as a Republican. It has more in common with Hillary then Obama.

You know...

Hillary has already injected the idea of assassination into the conversation. If she's still in touch with whoever killed Vince Foster, that might explain why she's suddenly open to the VP slot. Where's my tinfoil hat when I need it ?!?

My co-worker, a former Hillary supporter mentioned this today. I wouldn't put it past her.

McCain is a liberal, he is no stretch at all for Hillary supporters to vote for.

That was kind of mean of me to say, but time will heal all of this and I think people will ultimately choose the best candidate in Nov.

That was kind of mean of me to say, but time will heal all of this and I think people will ultimately choose the best candidate in Nov.

You are right. It is not your job to do so. However, if Obama is the kind of person that I hope him to be, he would want you to be magnanimous in victory and gracious in defeat, which is generally a pretty good approach to have.

On a separate and more politically driven note, I believe you are right that most of Clinton's supporters will eventually come around to Obama. I think the only hiccup might be Obama's own supporters, some of whom seem to think that having won, there is still something to be gained by trashing the fellow Democrat they so lustily criticized for trashing a fellow Democrat.

If you are an Obama supporter, you should probably knock it off. You certainly aren't helping bring anyone to his side.

So true, Reilly. I half suspect Wikia is no Obama supporter at all.

I also thought speaking about assassinating public officials was forbidden.

Forum List

Back