Anyone on here experiencing stomach problems from using Splenda?

bluzman61

Diamond Member
Sep 3, 2019
Valparaiso, Indiana USA
An artificial sweetener, used by those watching their weight or diabetic? Prior to developing diabetes, Splenda did NOT upset my stomach, causing nausea and diarrhea. Unfortunately it does now. Just having diabetes CAN cause stomach discomfort you may not have had before developing it. I decided to give another fairly new sweetener a try, Swerve. It IS a bit expensive, but I'll see what it's like. I haven't used it yet, but will tomorrow. There's probably a good chance ANY artificial sweetener will upset my stomach. I also stopped using Sweet 'N Low because of stomach discomfort.

My sister, bless her, was a bad diabetic.
She could consume that and it wouldnt bother her. Maybe she just got lucky? Or you have an underlying problem?

I hate to say this but chemicals are really not good for anyones health. Sorry to hear about your problems.
If you want to kill something chemicals are the best bet. Doubt you really want to kill yourself. Maybe use less of sugar or try something like stevia. Have heard that it tastes sweeter so might be able to use less. Never had to worry about any of that.

She could consume that and it wouldnt bother her. Maybe she just got lucky? Or you have an underlying problem?
I'm sorry to here about your sister. It MAY be that since developing diabetes, ANY artificial sweetener will upset my stomach. That's a distinct possibility. I'm eager to find if Swerve will be any different.

I'm sorry to here about your sister. It MAY be that since developing diabetes, ANY artificial sweetener will upset my stomach. That's a distinct possibility. I'm eager to find if Swerve will be any different.
Good luck to you, bluz

An artificial sweetener, used by those watching their weight or diabetic? Prior to developing diabetes, Splenda did NOT upset my stomach, causing nausea and diarrhea. Unfortunately it does now. Just having diabetes CAN cause stomach discomfort you may not have had before developing it. I decided to give another fairly new sweetener a try, Swerve. It IS a bit expensive, but I'll see what it's like. I haven't used it yet, but will tomorrow. There's probably a good chance ANY artificial sweetener will upset my stomach. I also stopped using Sweet 'N Low because of stomach discomfort.
Sorry to hear this bluz. Artificial sweeteners are bad news lots of data out there on the downsides. Given your diabetes, it may be worth going cold turkey for awhile.

Good luck to you, bluz
Thanks. I'll post on this thread tomorrow after I try Swerve. I hope it doesn't upset my stomach.

Sorry to hear this bluz. Artificial sweeteners are bad news lots of data out there on the downsides. Given your diabetes, it may be worth going cold turkey for awhile.
Yep, I'm aware of the downsides. A BIG downside is getting a bad aftertaste after consuming it. This was a big problem for me with saccharine and aspartame. Because of this, I don't think I'll ever use sweeteners with these again. And I'm not even sure if saccharine is still used in sweeteners.

I use Splenda daily!

I love it ...no problems here, none! :113:

I also like Equal in powder form ...to sprinkle on the berries that I adore .....YUM....I can eat without feeling guilty!:biggrin:

Yep, I'm aware of the downsides. A BIG downside is getting a bad aftertaste after consuming it. This was a big problem for me with saccharine and aspartame. Because of this, I don't think I'll ever use sweeteners with these again. And I'm not even sure if saccharine is still used in sweeteners.
I thing saccharine off the market because causes cancer. PJ swears by Stevia, because no after taste. I'm still doing the white death. I would hate to have to give up sugar.

But I think Equal and Splenda are NOT full blown saccharine.

I think they are more "natural" :)

Been diabetic for years; no problem with artificial sweeteners, except aspartame -- leaves me with a horrible aftertaste. So I don't drink diet sodas. Welch's makes a couple of water flavorings that don't have aspartame, so I drink those when I'm not drinking coffee.

I've used Sweet'N Lo for decades. No problems. It's still made with saccharine. I prefer Splenda, but they don't package it in a bulk container like Sweet'N Lo does. I'd have to open 20 packets for my coffee Thermos, and that ain't happening.

My wife likes the Walmart version of Splenda in her iced tea. Likes it better than Splenda itself.

Even though Splenda is a little bit more expensive, I think its better, it's not your typical nasty saccharine....

That's what I prefer and I put in my coffee or tea.

For my berries I used powder Equal.

Even though Splenda is a little bit more expensive, I think its better, it's not your typical nasty saccharine....

For my berries I use coconut oil to prevent chafi...... neverimind :redface:

For my berries I use coconut oil to prevent chafi...... neverimind :redface:

LOL you are a crazy baboon! :laugh2:

Forum List

Back