Any copyright lawyers on the board? Or lawyers in general?

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
I am trying to hire an artist to create two epoxy images with his custom ocean images and he keeps declining my request on copyright laws.
I have supplied 2 images.
One is an official image and the other is an image that already has custom work done that altered it.

Can I not take an image from any source and have it incorporated into a piece of art for my personal consumption?

Don't worry about what he's worried about. If you have a copy of the image, there are lots of people who will reproduce it for you in any form you want. Sure, you might be sued, but could they get enough to make it worthwhile for them? Post what you are looking for. I've done some epoxy art. A CNC mold for epoxy isn't that hard to make.

I am trying to hire an artist to create two epoxy images with his custom ocean images and he keeps declining my request on copyright laws.
I have supplied 2 images.
One is an official image and the other is an image that already has custom work done that altered it.

Can I not take an image from any source and have it incorporated into a piece of art for my personal consumption?
I think the problem comes from you paying him to create/recreate it,, he profits from it,,

• Banned
Don't worry about what he's worried about. If you have a copy of the image, there are lots of people who will reproduce it for you in any form you want. Sure, you might be sued, but could they get enough to make it worthwhile for them? Post what you are looking for. I've done some epoxy art. A CNC mold for epoxy isn't that hard to make.
Screenshot_20211222-205623_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20211221-063525_Google.jpg

Dude does some incredible fade work incorporating base images into the epoxy. He's out of Japan and I thought it would be really cool to have official Japanese artwork with my favorite Japanese band imprinted into it.

The first pick is a sample of his base work and then multiple layers go into it after your photo. Any photo btw

• Banned

This is the website I'm trying to navigate and negotiate on.

Yall know my drunk ass so magnify the difficulty by 10 lol

View attachment 578818View attachment 578819

Dude does some incredible fade work incorporating base images into the epoxy. He's out of Japan and I thought it would be really cool to have official Japanese artwork with my favorite Japanese band imprinted into it.

The first pick is a sample of his base work and then multiple layers go into it after your photo. Any photo btw
Still not clear on what you want. 3D representation, or 2D Which should be available from any competent graphic artist. Your mention of epoxy makes me think of 3D, where there is actual difference in the elevations of the image instead of just a picture that looks like that.

• Banned
Still not clear on what you want. 3D representation, or 2D Which should be available from any competent graphic artist. Your mention of epoxy makes me think of 3D, where there is actual difference in the elevations of the image instead of just a picture that looks like that.
I will try to look for his work again but it's hard on that site cause I don't know what I'm clicking on.
I previously found a pice of his that had the picture of someone's baby incorporated into the ocean work. It was fucking cool the way he fadded the photo into the image. And yes, it was all 3d except for the photo

I will try to look for his work again but it's hard on that site cause I don't know what I'm clicking on.
I previously found a pice of his that had the picture of someone's baby incorporated into the ocean work. It was fucking cool the way he fadded the photo into the image. And yes, it was all 3d except for the photo
You gotta understand that anything you can see on a computer screen is only 2D, Perhaps it looks 3D, but unless you can actually measure an elevation difference between parts of the image, it isn't 3D, Even a picture of a 3D object can only be shown in the width and height of your screen. Any competent graphic artist should be able to produce what you are looking for. Try freelancer.com/graphic artist.

BULLDOG

Scroll to about 3 or 4 minutes. That's his booth

Doesn't have to be that complicated. Just google graphic artist, and explain exactly what you want. Include the pictures you have from that guy you have been trying to deal with. There are lots of people who can do what you want, but you gotta look in the right places, and be ready to pay for what it's worth. Let me know if you want some actual 3D stuff. If I can't do it, I know some who can for not much cash.

Doesn't have to be that complicated. Just google graphic artist, and explain exactly what you want. Include the pictures you have from that guy you have been trying to deal with. There are lots of people who can do what you want, but you gotta look in the right places, and be ready to pay for what it's worth. Let me know if you want some actual 3D stuff. If I can't do it, I know some who can for not much cash.
Was gonna be about 250 from him. Is that reasonable for that kind of work? I know epoxy goes in layers which equals time but that's the extent of my knowledge. Like his crashing waves look pretty damn good considering you're just tilting wood with a blob of shit and hoping it looks right?

Offered two other photos but haven't heard back yet. The language barrier is a BITCH
Well, since you seem so determined to use a Japanese artist, instead of local talent. . . . .

This. . . seems to stem from. . .

The language barrier is a BITCH

A very queer obsession with another strange land far away. My suggestion? Learn the language and move there.

My favorite independent news investigator lives there. Apparently there aren't any jab or mask mandates there at all. Your skills might be in high demand there.

Apparently, that is the fifth biggest industry where they have labor shortages, so your acceptance to immigrate would be a breeze. Your KSA's would be in high demand there. :71:

Maybe you could even follow your band around and renovate, customize and make modifications on their hotel rooms. . . .

Live the dream buddy. :113:

It all yours, just learn the lingo!

Was gonna be about 250 from him. Is that reasonable for that kind of work? I know epoxy goes in layers which equals time but that's the extent of my knowledge. Like his crashing waves look pretty damn good considering you're just tilting wood with a blob of shit and hoping it looks right?
Again, that depends on if you want an actual 3D representation, or 2D that looks like 3D. Do you want to actually feel the elevation differences with your fingers, or do you just want it to look like you could?

No, that is a total rip off.

But you said you wanted it from a Japanese artist.

When the local art-fairs come round in Kansas City, go to them and look at the work there.

But if you insist on it coming from a Japanese artist? Yeah, it will cost you because of the language barrier, and all the pain in the ass of shipping the materials need for the custome project with all the problems involved.

He has a lot of other things he could be doing with his time. I know a lot of local artists. . . the are friendly people, but doing work from someone on the other side of the planet for someone that doesn't speak their language would be a high cost project.

No, that is a total rip off.

But you said you wanted it from a Japanese artist.

When the local art-fairs come round in Kansas City, go to them and look at the work there.

But if you insist on it coming from a Japanese artist? Yeah, it will cost you because of the language barrier, and all the pain in the ass of shipping the materials need for the custome project with all the problems involved.

He has a lot of other things he could be doing with his time. I know a lot of local artists. . . the are friendly people, but doing work from someone on the other side of the planet for someone that doesn't speak their language would be a high cost project.
It was 80 for shipping. Some custom Japanese tree wood.

I am probably just being anal about it all needing to be authentic

To be fair I was sober when I started this journey 2DAYS AGO lol
So decide what you want, and use a little common sense deciding where to find it. We all do goofy shit. God knows I have, but you don't have to be quite as goofy this time.

So decide what you want, and use a little common sense deciding where to find it. We all do goofy shit. God knows I have, but you don't have to be quite as goofy this time.
You should post some pics of your work. I love to share mine but unfortunately I can't ship my work, you can

Forum List

Back