Antiochus Epiphanes—The Bible’s Most Notoriously Forgotten Villain

I confess. I'm a KJV guy. Not a word about the Maccabee's or Antiochus in it. The only time I heard of them was from a teacher peddling pre-millennial dispensationalism. Yuck.

I confess. I'm a KJV guy. Not a word about the Maccabee's or Antiochus in it. The only time I heard of them was from a teacher peddling pre-millennial dispensationalism. Yuck.

It's there. They just basically ignore it. Using it to teach premillennial dispensation would be a travesty.

Daniel 8:9-14
Daniel 11:31
Daniel 11:21-35
Matthew 24:15

It's there. They just basically ignore it. Using it to teach premillennial dispensation would be a travesty.

I am surprised that Antiochus was not declared a "saint"
as was the murderer Pontius Pilate (by the eastern
orthodox church

I am surprised that Antiochus was not declared a "saint"
as was the murderer Pontius Pilate (by the eastern
orthodox church

Why would you think Antiochus IV Epiphanies would be declared a saint? Pontius Pilate didn't pursue, arrest or condemn Jesus.

Last edited:
Why would you think Antiochus IV Epiphanies would be declared a saint? Pontius Pilate did pursue, arrest or condemn Jesus.
The eastern Orthodox does church call Pontius Pilate who in the course of about ten years in "office" crucified about 2000
Pharisees----a "SAINT". You seem to actually like the cleaned up ROMAN version of history. Antiochus did what Constantine LIKED----murdered jews

The eastern Orthodox does church call Pontius Pilate who in the course of about ten years in "office" crucified about 2000
Pharisees----a "SAINT". You seem to actually like the cleaned up ROMAN version of history. Antiochus did what Constantine LIKED----murdered jews

Constantine didn't come along until 400 years later.

Constantine didn't come along until 400 years later.
SO? I did not come along until 100 years after Abraham
Lincoln------a hero is a hero. August 29 is the VICTORY FOR ALLAH day -----for the glorious event of almost 100
years ago when the glorious warriors for allah slit the throats
of jewish children in Hebron....... a HERO IS A HERO

Strange. The teacher I referred too used the same verses. Perhaps if I had read the Maccabees, I could be convinced that it is a true interpretation. I doubt it. My understanding of the abomination of desolation is not compatible with the view that slaughtering a pig on the altar is that particular abomination.

SO? I did not come along until 100 years after Abraham
Lincoln------a hero is a hero. August 29 is the VICTORY FOR ALLAH day -----for the glorious event of almost 100
years ago when the glorious warriors for allah slit the throats
of jewish children in Hebron....... a HERO IS A HERO

Hebron was an Arab city until 1500 when some families arrived from Spain and Portugal. There were no problems between them and the Muslims.

Strange. The teacher I referred too used the same verses. Perhaps if I had read the Maccabees, I could be convinced that it is a true interpretation. I doubt it. My understanding of the abomination of desolation is not compatible with the view that slaughtering a pig on the altar is that particular abomination.

It just means the temple was defiled and made unusable by the Jews because of pagan statues and sacrifices. After the death of Antifa IV Epiphanies they rededicated the temple and celebrated with the first Chanukah.

Nope. We were discussing Daniel and Antiochus IV Epiphanies. This thread has a lot of information. Are you interested in me or Antiochus?
I made a statement that I believe is true. That is all I did.

Forum List

Back