Another GOP who hates the troops

Hold on.....there's something to this.......

In a move that is leaving many in the military community gasping, the Colorado Secretary of State has decided to not allow Gilbert Ortiz, the Pueblo County Clerk to send ballots to “inactive” voters, those who didn’t vote in the last election – including military voters. When specifically asked about the military voters, Secretary Gessler declined to allow the Clerk to send absentee ballots to 64 active duty, currently serving, members of the military.

For the men and women in the military, who swear an oath to protect and defend the Constitution – shouldn’t they be allowed to do what all others can? The men and women in uniform, who put their lives on the line and serve their country deserve the right to vote for the leaders of that country, don’t they? The ones who have helped others get the right to vote, shouldn’t they have the right to exercise their right? This may be only one county in one state — but it is a precedent.

Read more: Colorado Won't Send Ballots to Military Overseas? | Care2 Causes

This REALLY should piss a lot of people off. My son-in-law recently returned home from Afghanistan but if he was still there and our Secretary of State decided he wasn't allowed to vote because he was overseas putting his life on the line I think I would be paying a little personal visit to our Secretary of State.

If this is true the entire voting process will have to be done from scratch.

It is the standard process for every American who wants to vote while outside the US. I do it. My brothers - active military - do it. Just a few liberals see an opportunity to lie about it to create yet another 'Republicans hate the military' bullcrap.

Hold on.....there's something to this.......

Read more: Colorado Won't Send Ballots to Military Overseas? | Care2 Causes

This REALLY should piss a lot of people off. My son-in-law recently returned home from Afghanistan but if he was still there and our Secretary of State decided he wasn't allowed to vote because he was overseas putting his life on the line I think I would be paying a little personal visit to our Secretary of State.

It is the standard process for every American who wants to vote while outside the US. I do it. My brothers - active military - do it. Just a few liberals see an opportunity to lie about it to create yet another 'Republicans hate the military' bullcrap.

Sooo....you're saying you can vote overseas without an absentee ballot?

When specifically asked about the military voters, Secretary Gessler declined to allow the Clerk to send absentee ballots to 64 active duty, currently serving, members of the military

What part of "declined to allow" don't you understand? If these military folks WANTED to vote they are being told, "Tough Shit". And this is the only county in the entire US that is doing this.

No, this is wrong. :eusa_hand:

Last edited:

Sooo....you're saying you can vote overseas without an absentee ballot?

When specifically asked about the military voters, Secretary Gessler declined to allow the Clerk to send absentee ballots to 64 active duty, currently serving, members of the military

What part of "declined to allow" don't you understand? If these military folks WANTED to vote they are being told, "Tough Shit". And this is the only county in the entire US that is doing this.

No, this is wrong. :eusa_hand:
*bump* for CowardGirl. Answer the man's question.

Republicans only love our troops when they leave their poor neighborhoods to fight overseas to protect the Wealthy and their assets, but when our troops come home and need assistance, Republicans say there isn't any money for them. Republicans are users and abusers of the poor and middle class.

I neg people who use our military as a political football.

And, once someone tries to force me to answer someone else's question.... You're pretty much guaranteeing that I'm gonna ignore the whining asshole.... and resort to negging them too.

Fucking morons. I don't dance to anyone's tune.

Forum List

Back