Another Friday BBC Star Trek Marathon Review

WillMunny

Gold Member
Feb 1, 2016
Currently, "Day of the Dove." One of the rare really strong episodes in Star Trek's wobbly, mercurial third season. Michael Ansara is delicious as the Klingon antagonist Kang, chewing the scenery like a boss. While its basic message of escalating hatred and violence is a little on the ham-handed, non-subtle side, this episode does have lots of poignant, intense moments of it. Especially when the human characters got so enraged they were starting to turn against each other. With some great quotes as well. Definitely worth watching for its true Star Trek flavor.

Chekov: You Klingon monsters, you killed my brother!
Kang: And you volunteer to join him; now THAT is loyalty.

Oh god, not "For the World Is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky." This was a mildly interesting sci-fi concept so STUPIDLY done I'm not even going to sit through this shit. I'm changing the channel for the next hour.

Thank Vulcan pointed ears and pitchforks that the next episode is so much stronger: The Tholian Web. It had the advantage of being mysterious, spooky and filled with great dramatic character moments between Bones and Spock. And the Tholians were some of the more "alien" aliens I've seen in the original series. Their energy web and the crew's glimpses of the "Kirk ghost" definitely add up to an otherworldly quality

On this thread, feel free to review any Star Trek episode from any serious you wish. I have no particular thread rules anyway.

Forum List

Back