Ann Curry: NBC's Ambassador of Caring

Mojo2

Gold Member
Oct 28, 2013
Ann Curry: NBC's Ambassador of Caring

Only by being unshackled from the studio has Ann Curry truly hit her raison d'etre, her reason for being.

She is now sent, almost always, to areas of suffering around the globe and no one, but no one conveys empathy better than she.

NBC knows that now.

When she was on the Today Show it marked her career zenith in the usual sense. She even substituted for Brian Williams on the NBC Nightly News. (BTW, it is actor/director/producer Michael Douglas who announces the show and 'hands it off' to Brian.)

But, I started this thread, not to talk about her career as much as her compassion.

I'm wiping away tears from a story she just did titled, "No Way Out."

Remember the name. I predict it will win awards when they sit down to recognize excellence in news reporting for this year.

In deepest darkest Africa, a classic struggle of Muslims versus Christians is going on in the central African Republic called Central African Republic.

Go to the linked article and read the story then watch the NBC News story video.

The little girl whose mother was murdered in front of her left me weeping like a baby.

The little girl then did an astounding, unforgettable thing.

I don't care that Ann Curry is a very Liberal Liberal.

I know that little girl was the real deal.

And this story moved me not only to tears, but to share it with you.

Central African Republic crisis: 'Like Darfur, plus anarchy' - World News

Last edited:
and they talk about how conservatives supposedly worship Rush Limbaugh

Forum List

Back