An unintended consequence of the ACE in making us less inclined to redistribution

Nope, you can try but you can't put any aspect of ACA on Republicans. The clusterf..x is all democrat.

I thought the ACA well intentioned, but expanding an already failed Medicaid system was folly. Of course republican senators, like Roger Wicker, thought that was a good idea .... they just didn't like mandate and tax credits .... which ironically were gop ideas before they were dem ideas.
Actually, you pay into Medicare, which is one thing Congress is trying to protect.

The efforts by some states to expand Medicaid is an attempt to insure the poor that can't afford insurance, and is separate from Obozo's attempts to force people to buy insurance (although it will allow the poor to meet the requirements of the ACA).

What's wrong with wanting poor people to get medical treatment if necessary?

I thought the ACA well intentioned, but expanding an already failed Medicaid system was folly. Of course republican senators, like Roger Wicker, thought that was a good idea .... they just didn't like mandate and tax credits .... which ironically were gop ideas before they were dem ideas.
Actually, you pay into Medicare, which is one thing Congress is trying to protect.

The efforts by some states to expand Medicaid is an attempt to insure the poor that can't afford insurance, and is separate from Obozo's attempts to force people to buy insurance (although it will allow the poor to meet the requirements of the ACA).

What's wrong with wanting poor people to get medical treatment if necessary?
Nothing necessarily. However, Medicaid actually covers more stuff than a lot of private policies. So, when you "give" a guy making very little a better policy than a guy doing work, and tax the worker to pay for it, it has bad social consequences.

The ACA wasn't a bad idea, but it was written by Nancy Pelosi appointed folks.

Bendog

I can see your point, but have you ever dealt with Medicaid? It's not a real hot plan, and doesn't cover a lot of stuff, but it will cover what's medically necessary.

And when the SCOTUS ditches those federal subsidies, Congress will have to come up with the fix. Let's see what they come up with.

BTW, thanks for the link. Feel free to reply to the thread.

Forum List

Back