An Inordinate Fear Of Truth…

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
…is propelling the hatred of Charles Murray.

Politically, the first amendment notwithstanding….and scholarship taking a far second to political correctness, there are clearly subjects and facts that are forbidden, and, as the saying goes….’none dare speak their name. The motto is “no silence, no peace.”
Charles Murray dares.

1.Charles Murray is a scholar, and much of what he includes and concludes from his studies is verboten as it refers to the groups that the Democrats need in order to win elections. Yes, the studies, while indisputable, cast minorities in a way that is not positive.
Essentially, the fear of Charles Murray is proxy for the Left’s, fear of truth.

2. Democrats/Progressives/Liberals demand 100% acquiescence of their dogma. Even the slightest deviation is grounds for severe attack. And that is important when it comes to Murray’s work, which explains the results of group intelligence, cognitive ability, tests.

Here, from chapter 3 of his book, “Facing Reality:”

"Using tests administered during the 2010s, which in effect means NAEP, the mean European–African difference was 0.85 SDs*, the mean European–Latin difference was 0.62 SDs, and the mean European–Asian difference was –0.30 SDs. Assuming a mean of 100 and SD of 15 for IQ, the corresponding equivalents in IQ points are 12.75, 9.30, and 4.50 respectively."

*Note: SDs means standard deviations of IQ, with each SD equal to 15 points on the test.

3. Reporting that a certain group’s mean IQ is lower than white’s is considered a priori racism, and an attack. That, and the following graph is explained by Democrats/Progressives as proof of racism.

1626004844071.png

4. What is neglected is Murray’s point that cognitive ability, measured by IQ is not nearly enough to account for the income disparity, the ‘success’ disparity.

5. In the same chapter, Murray states: " For example, two students at the 43rd and 56th percentiles of cognitive ability are 13 percentiles apart and about 5 IQ points apart, a difference of 0.33 SDs. Substantively, the difference in cognitive ability between the two students is so small that even the most perceptive teachers cannot easily guess which student has which score.

...overlap exists in the distributions. It is not a threatening picture. Yes, differences exist, but it is also true that millions of Africans and Latins have higher cognitive ability than millions of Europeans and Asians. "

The problem for the Left is that once racism is discounted as causation, ….

….the spotlight, and the real cause of differences, falls on the Democrat Party.

Politically, the first amendment notwithstanding….and scholarship taking a far second to political correctness, there are clearly subjects and facts that are forbidden, and, as the saying goes….’none dare speak their name. The motto is “no silence, no peace.”
Charles Murray dares.

1.Charles Murray is a scholar, and much of what he includes and concludes from his studies is verboten as it refers to the groups that the Democrats need in order to win elections. Yes, the studies, while indisputable, cast minorities in a way that is not positive.

2. Democrats/Progressives/Liberals demand 100% acquiescence of their dogma. Even the slightest deviation is grounds for severe attack. And that is important when it comes to Murray’s work, which explains the results of group intelligence, cognitive ability, tests.

"Using tests administered during the 2010s, which in effect means NAEP, the mean European–African difference was 0.85 SDs*, the mean European–Latin difference was 0.62 SDs, and the mean European–Asian difference was –0.30 SDs. Assuming a mean of 100 and SD of 15 for IQ, the corresponding equivalents in IQ points are 12.75, 9.30, and 4.50 respectively."

*Note: SDs means standard deviations of IQ, with each SD equal to 15 points on the test.

3. Reporting that a certain group’s mean IQ is lower than white’s is considered a priori racism, and an attack. That, and the following graph is explained by Democrats/Progressives as proof of racism.

View attachment 511289

4. What is neglected is Murray’s point that cognitive ability, measured by IQ is not nearly enough to account for the income disparity, the ‘success’ disparity.

5. In the same chapter, Murray states: " For example, two students at the 43rd and 56th percentiles of cognitive ability are 13 percentiles apart and about 5 IQ points apart, a difference of 0.33 SDs. Substantively, the difference in cognitive ability between the two students is so small that even the most perceptive teachers cannot easily guess which student has which score.

...overlap exists in the distributions. It is not a threatening picture. Yes, differences exist, but it is also true that millions of Africans and Latins have higher cognitive ability than millions of Europeans and Asians. "

….the spotlight, and the real cause of differences, falls on the Democrat Party.
Are you trying to tell us that negroes is not as smart as white folks?

6. Cognitive ability, something in the DNA at conception if most often rated in ‘IQ.’ Charles Murray, in his book “Facing Reality,’ explains IQ as follows.

IQ is broken down into 15 point groupings called “ standard deviations, with the abbreviation SD. Here are the basics:

As a rough guide to interpreting sizes of differences, think of a difference of half an SD as “moderate” and a difference of one SD as “large.”

To give you some concrete examples: If you have an IQ of 100, you are at the mean of the U.S. national population – the 50th percentile. Doing well in high school is not a problem, and you can flourish in a wide variety of postsecondary technical training programs or get an AA degree. But getting a BA in a traditional liberal arts major is challenging, and a BS in a STEM major (science, technology, engineering, mathematics) is probably not in the cards.

If you have an IQ of 115 – one SD above the mean – you are at the 84th percentile of the national population. You can successfully get a degree in most college majors, though maybe not as a STEM major at a tough school.

If you have an IQ of 130, two SDs above the mean, you are in the 98th percentile. You meet a common definition of gifted.

If you have an IQ of 145, three SDs above the mean, you are in the top tenth of the top percentile and can probably get a PhD in any discipline that attracts you. If you have reasonable interpersonal skills to go with your cognitive ability, you will be avidly courted by employers. If your skills tilt toward math or programming, many hedge funds and Silicon Valley companies will be indifferent to your interpersonal skills – they’ll offer you riches regardless.”

But the predicted accomplishments, above, are mathematical averages, and say nothing about what any individual can do.

The point of most significance is this: neither success nor happiness follow direction from any of the categories above.

I once read that if it were ever "proved" that one ethnicity was less intelligent than another ethnicity, that knowledge would have to be kept from the general public.

I agree.

Such a finding would be so explosive that I would support a total censorship on the topic.

I think that society is better off with the current view that there is NO superior ethnicity when it comes to intelligence.

Of course, I do not know whether that is true, but I do know that we should all publicly support that view in order to maintain domestic tranquility.

Last edited:
I once read that if it were ever "proved" that one ethnicity was less intelligent than another ethnicity, that knowledge would have to be kept from the general public.

I agree.

Such a finding would be so explosive that I would support a total censorship on the topic.

I think that society is better off with the current view that there is NO superior ethnicity when it comes to intelligence.

Of course, I do not know whether that is true, but I do know that we should all publicly support that view in order to maintain domestic tranquility.

I don't.

It is

An Inordinate Fear Of Truth…​

Charles Murray dares.

View attachment 511289

That's a core belief on the Whitey Right.....the basis of their "on the Democrat plantation" comments and the basis behind the "they are too dumb to see that the Democrats are using them" comments.

Charles Murray dares.

View attachment 511289

That's a core belief on the Whitey Right.....the basis of their "on the Democrat plantation" comments and the basis behind the "they are too dumb to see that the Democrats are using them" comments.

Sigh....If only your sort could and would read.....

1626011461622.png

1626011491269.png

1626011531974.png

....and...

1626011667454.png

"Cora Daniels takes on one of the most explosive issues in our country today in this thoughtful critique of America’s embrace of a ghetto persona that demeans women, devalues education, celebrates the worst African American stereotypes, and contributes to the destruction of civil peace."

Why does your sort have that inordinate fear of truth???????

Last edited:
7. Truth is not a Leftwing value. Even more so when it runs counter to an outcome that the Left desires, and in such cases, they don’t hesitate to deny the truth and substitute lies.

Charles Murray gives perspective for IQ, in pointing out that it is but one of the characteristics that make up each unique and solitary human being.

“MOST PEOPLE WHO call someone “smart” or “bright” or “intelligent” are talking about the quality that IQ tests measure. That quality is not virtue, merit, character, wisdom, or common sense. It is irrelevant to human worth.

IQ denotes the mental agility that lets some people collate disparate bits of information and then infer and deduce from that information better than other people, whether the task is to decipher a corporate balance sheet, analyze Middle-march, or determine why the car won’t start. The quality measured by IQ tests assists people in figuring things out, both in their professions and in everyday life.

More technically, IQ tests are the best measure of the general mental factor known as g, which in turn is the most rigorously investigated construct in psychology. In a field riddled with fads that are enthusiastically accepted initially but fail to pan out (recall the claims once made for the importance of self-esteem and stereotype threat), the major findings produced by IQ tests have been replicated time and again over decades, with different instruments, for all kinds of populations tested in all kinds of conditions. The quantitative understanding of cognitive ability has the distinction of being at once a crowning achievement of psychology and widely criticized as pseudoscience.”
Op. Cit.

So….there is no denying the truth revealed by IQ testing….”the most rigorously investigated construct in psychology”…..nor that it is only a tiny fraction of each or us, and “That quality is not virtue, merit, character, wisdom, or common sense. It is irrelevant to human worth.”

But it is dramatically important, politically, to deny that it applies, and is not due to racism, white supremacy or systemic racism.

I agree.

I don't.

It is

Sometimes the truth hurts too much.

It is better to "fib."

View attachment 511317
View attachment 511318
View attachment 511320

....and...

View attachment 511323
"Cora Daniels takes on one of the most explosive issues in our country today in this thoughtful critique of America’s embrace of a ghetto persona that demeans women, devalues education, celebrates the worst African American stereotypes, and contributes to the destruction of civil peace."

Not to once again point out an old cliche' but ....

If they could read and were informed then they wouldn't be LEFTIST !!

I agree.

I don't.

It is

It is better to "fib."

The lie is two-fold.

It hurts the folks it is designed to shield, black Americans.....

....the problems cannot be solved if not revealed...

And it is used to smear white Americans.

There is no racism, system racism, white privilege,....

When a true conversation on racial disparity is accomplished, the Democrat Party will get what it deserves.

View attachment 511317
View attachment 511318
View attachment 511320

....and...

View attachment 511323

Not to once again point out an old cliche' but ....

If they could read and were informed then they wouldn't be LEFTIST !!

And we see it daily, in their posts.

8. While American heritage is centered on individuals, political benefit, at least for the Democrat Party, redounds when only groups are addressed, and any unique and specific grievances and differences are magnified.

“Left refers to the values associated with the Western welfare state, secularism and the vast array of attitudes and positions identified as Left from Karl Marx to contemporary socialist democrat parties and today’s Democratic Party in the United States. [The Left-wing ‘trinity’= race, gender, class.]

American is identified by the “American Trinity” of “Liberty,” “In God We Trust,” and “E Pluribus Unum.” Liberty refers to personal freedom, based on small government , a free economy, and a God-based society. ,” “In God We Trust,” proceeds from the moral values axiomatic with the Founders. “E Pluribus Unum.” refers to a society based on neither ethnicity nor race.”
Prager

Earlier American presidents, Republicans and Democrats alike, agreed on two basic goals: teach the newcomers English and make them Americans. The clear aim was to strengthen our national identity--to reinforce the unum in e pluribus unum--by assimilating the new arrivals into American civilization.
http://www.aei.org/article/society-and-culture/anti-americanization/

Once the idea of individualism and becoming one nation, of Americans, ended with
some other hyphenation presages the end of this noble experiment called America.

I agree.

I don't.

It is

It is better to "fib."

The lie is two-fold.

When a true conversation on racial disparity is accomplished, the Democrat Party will get what it deserves.

IMHO, there will NEVER be a "true" conversation, for the topic is too hurtful.

Most people prefer to be kind and ignore the elephant in the American room.

I agree.

I don't.

It is

It is better to "fib."

The lie is two-fold.

IMHO, there will NEVER be a "true" conversation, for the topic is too hurtful.

Most people prefer to be kind and ignore the elephant in the American room.

So true.

It's simply one more of the lies for which the Democrats are infamous.

You may recall ‘Obama’s wing-man,’ Eric Holder, back in 2009:

“Holder: 'Nation of cowards' on race
Attorney General Eric Holder said Wednesday that despite advances, the United States remains “a nation of cowards” on issues involving race.

“Though this nation has proudly thought of itself as an ethnic melting pot, in things racial, we have always been, and we, I believe, continue to be, in too many ways, a nation of cowards,” Holder said in remarks to his staff in honor of Black History Month.” Holder: 'Nation of cowards' on race

Where are the Democrat voters’ posts about single parent households in the black community, or the inordinate crime in that community????
They are not simply cowards......they are Fascists, making certain that any such discussion is forbidden.

9. The fact that psychological tests show group differences, and these can be spun to create animosity, works to the Democrat’s advantage.

“When Africans, Asians, Europeans, and Latins take tests that are related to cognitive ability, their group results have different (mathematical) means.

Race differences between Africans and Europeans in cognitive test scores narrowed significantly during the 1970s and 1980s, but the narrowing stopped three decades ago.

Each of these is a statement of fact. To understand the evidence for them and why that evidence has been so strenuously resisted for so long, some historical context may be useful.”
Charles Murray

Here is where the Democrats benefit from control of the media: is it possible that Democrat lies and/or malfeasance contributed......caused......the end of the gains the lower class was making???

Or.....is this simply some sort of coincidence:

10. It is significant to note that the ‘narrowing’ ceased when Democrats took over the school system.

“In 1972, the massive ( National Education Association (NEA) union formed a political action committee…released ‘Needed: A Cabinet Department of Education’ in 1975, but its most significant step was to endorse a presidential candidate- Jimmy Carter- for the first time in the history of the organization.”
D.T. Stallngs, “A Brief History of the Department of Education: 1979-2002,” p. 3.

Education became a cabinet department in 1979.

The gains blacks were making in tests of cognitive ability ceased.

11. Accepting the premise of this thread, that Charles Murray provides the truth as revealed by psychometric testing, and is not antagonistic towards any race, how then does the data explain the disparities in certain minorities with respect to average income, representation in high-level occupations, health and health care, death rate, confrontations with the legal system, and so on.

It doesn’t. And that is my conclusion, not necessarily Murray’s.

What does?

The problem is clear and evident in the recent Smithsonian exhibition, in which Democrats/Progressives, make their instructions to black Americans to avoid characteristics which they deem ‘whiteness,’ but what is essentially, the keys to success.

“Smithsonian Goes Full Marxist: Nuclear Family, Science, Christianity All Part of Oppressive 'Whiteness'

Among other things, this graphic suggests that the nuclear family, science, capitalism, and the Judeo-Christian tradition are forms of oppressive “whiteness” that non-white people should reject as part of an oppressive system.

“Whiteness and the normalization of white racial identity throughout America’s history have created a culture where nonwhite persons are seen as inferior or abnormal,” the Smithsonian “whiteness” page reads. The “teaching tool” suggests that “whiteness” needs to be overthrown in order for non-white people to become liberated from an oppressive “white culture.”

“The
chart endeavors to list "the ways white people and their traditions, attitudes and ways of life have been normalized over time and are now considered standard practices in the United States." Among those traditions, attitudes, and ways of life are: Individualism, hard work, objectivity, the nuclear family, a belief in progress, a written tradition, politeness, the justice system, respect for authority, delayed gratification and planning for the future, plus much more.” Smithsonian Goes Full Marxist: Nuclear Family, Science, Christianity All Part of Oppressive 'Whiteness'

“Whiteness (and its accepted normality) also exist as everyday microaggressions toward people of color,” the Smithsonian page argues. “Acts of microaggressions include verbal, nonverbal, and environmental slights, snubs or insults toward nonwhites. Whether intentional or not, these attitudes communicate hostile, derogatory, or harmful message.

They cannot allow their 'pets' to assume those traits, and face the fact that they don't need the Democrats.

Forum List

Back